FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Can Rock Band 2 (PS2) receive customs, or is it just 1?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TensionSpree  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:43 am    Post subject: Can Rock Band 2 (PS2) receive customs, or is it just 1? Reply with quote

I ask that, because I play with breakneck speed on, and every other version of RB1 lacked it, so I assume PS2 did, aswell.
ComicBookGuru  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Can Rock Band 2 (PS2) receive customs, or is it just 1? Reply with quote

TensionSpree wrote:
I ask that, because I play with breakneck speed on, and every other version of RB1 lacked it, so I assume PS2 did, aswell.

It can; dig up the tutorial, it's somewhere around here.

Alternatively, if you own a Wii and are willing to drop $20-$30 on Rock Band 2 for that, we have cDLC and RSD 3.0 will let you use PlayStation 2 or PlayStation 3 instruments (they're the same, I know ) in RB2 Wii. (Technically, it's doable now, but I doubt that you're into hex editing, amirite? )
thesentence  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Follow the guide in my sig. It's the same process I believe.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Can Rock Band 2 (PS2) receive customs, or is it just 1? Reply with quote

ComicBookGuru wrote:
TensionSpree wrote:

It can; dig up the tutorial, it's somewhere around here.

Alternatively, if you own a Wii and are willing to drop $20-$30 on Rock Band 2 for that, we have cDLC and RSD 3.0 will let you use PlayStation 2 or PlayStation 3 instruments (they're the same, I know ) in RB2 Wii. (Technically, it's doable now, but I doubt that you're into hex editing, amirite? )

I use a third party PS3 guitar, though. It's also compatible with PS2, though. RB2 PS2 just looks a bit better than Wii, the notes don't disappear before reaching the lane (in Wii it appears they disappear well before reaching it).

I'll look into RSD to get a PS2/3 guitar working, though.
EDIT: Is RawkSD the RSD mentioned? I don't see anything about how it could make other system's instruments work with the Wii.
inimitable  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Can Rock Band 2 (PS2) receive customs, or is it just 1? Reply with quote

TensionSpree wrote:
RB2 PS2 just looks a bit better than Wii, the notes don't disappear before reaching the lane (in Wii it appears they disappear well before reaching it).

I've used both and I've never experienced this in the Wii version (which I use primarily). I'm not really sure what you're talking about...

TensionSpree wrote:
I'll look into RSD to get a PS2/3 guitar working, though. Is RawkSD the RSD mentioned? I don't see anything about how it could make other system's instruments work with the Wii.

RawkSD 3 isn't out yet, he was talking about a future release. (Hopefully sometime soon!) wink wink hint hint AerialX

Newest custom chart: Avantasia - The Tower (RB3 Full Band)
TensionSpree  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Explain how RSD3 will let you use PS2/3 instruments? They have no way to plug into the Wii as far as I can see.
ComicBookGuru  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TensionSpree wrote:
Explain how RSD3 will let you use PS2/3 instruments? They have no way to plug into the Wii as far as I can see.

The USB Rock Band instruments, primarily. Just change some hex in the main.dol and they work.
TensionSpree  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Wii has USB ports? Odd, is that only newer models or is it well-hidden?
GuardianDemon  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The usb ports are on the back They arent even covered up !!
ComicBookGuru  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TensionSpree wrote:
The Wii has USB ports? Odd, is that only newer models or is it well-hidden?

I almost want to know how you thought we used mics. o_o

But yeah, they're in the back of the console, completely uncovered.
TensionSpree  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly never noticed. Granted, I don't use my Wii a whole lot. I thought they went in the GC controller slot. Is there any form of release date on the new version of RSD? And if it would allow IONs (360/PS3) to be used, aswell?
ComicBookGuru  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TensionSpree wrote:
I honestly never noticed. Granted, I don't use my Wii a whole lot. I thought they went in the GC controller slot. Is there any form of release date on the new version of RSD? And if it would allow IONs (360/PS3) to be used, aswell?

No relesae date yet; I have a feeling it's near, however, what with the completion of Riivolution. As none of us have IONs, I can't say, but 360 instruments won't work as Microsoft uses a specific driver. PS2/3 instruments are confirmed to work, and if the IONs work as regular drums, then they should work.
TensionSpree  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting. I have the PS3 IONs, so that's nice if a friend comes over to play.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: