FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
MTV/Harrah's Tourney: Rofl Mao wins!
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
niq24601  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:12 am    Post subject: MTV/Harrah's Tourney: Rofl Mao wins! Reply with quote

Total Rock, Total Rewards Home Page

Qualifiers have now ended. If you won your regional qualifier and want me to give a shout out to your band, as well as a link to their twitter/youtube/myspace page, send me a PM or add a reply.

For the winning bands, here is the remainder of the tournament in Atlantic City July 1-2.

• Day 1: everyone plays 1 song of their choice. 4 bands are picked based on a combination of score and judging.
  • Day 2: the remaining 4 bands play 1 song of their choice and 1 song randomly chose from 6 possible songs..
  • Cash money for the top 4 bands. Everyone who makes it to Atlantic City gets free tickets to see Ringo Starr on 7/3 and a free copy of Green Day: Rock Band.
  • Scoring in Atlantic City is 1/3 style (costumes), 1/3 performance, and 1/3 points, based on the percentage of possible points. "possible points" is based on the 1st place score on XBL as of 6/30. So if you do Holy Wars and get 2.2M while another band FBFCs Float On with an optimal path, they'll get more points than you. Of course for the recent DLC the 1st place score won't be that hot.

Here's the unofficial nationwide leaderboard. All scores over 2 million will make leaderboard. I'll update it at least every Wednesday:

1. 2,927,323 -- Seattle -- Get Up -- The Last Minute Rejects
  2. 2,801,773 -- NYC -- Get Up -- Rofl Mao
  3. 2,794,766 -- Atlantic City -- Get Up -- Combo Breakers
  4. 2,786,482 -- San Diego -- Get Up -- FA/KE
  5. 2,772,498 -- NYC -- Get Up -- Don't Call Me Shirley
  6. 2,714,129 -- Seattle -- Get Up -- Schkaten Heim
  7. 2,684,687 -- Erie -- Get Up -- Complementary Breakfast
  8. 2,653,355 -- Seattle -- Get Up -- No Boston After Midnight
  9. 2,630,828 -- Columbus -- Get Up -- Morning of Mourning
  10. 2,589,932 -- Boston -- Get Up -- Science!
  11. 2,566,206-- San Jose -- Cherub Rock -- Goat Southeast
  12. 2,512,963 -- Columbus -- Highway Star -- Frankie B and The Douchebags
  13. 2,469,893 -- Dallas -- Cherub Rock -- Here Comes a New Challenger
  14. 2,452,637 -- Miami -- Get Up -- Intellectual Platypus and the Wombats
  15. 2,437,460 -- Boston -- Cherub Rock -- Radiofoot
  16. 2,334,853 -- Joliet-- Get Up -- Ninjas In Disguise
  17. 2,333,127 -- San Diego -- Cherub Rock -- Ten Minutes to Wapner
  18. 2,260,356 -- L.A. -- Get Up -- DeLorean Racers
  19. 2,241,190 -- Seattle -- Get Up -- The Brock Sampsons
  20. 2,211,396 -- San Diego -- Cherub Rock -- The Lady and the Magnums
  21. 2,189,663 -- Atlanta -- Get Up -- Hobnailed Tannin Werewolves
  22. 2,147,435 -- Columbus -- Get Up -- Lucas Is Completely Worthless
  23. 2,050,127 -- Denver -- Ramblin' Man -- Death of the Arcade
  24. 2,009,175 -- Las Vegas -- Cherub Rock -- Charlie Gets Cripples

Winning bands by city for sites that are done with qualifiers:

• Atlanta: Eggs Erroneous -- Cherub Rock -- 2,311,029
  • Columbus: Morning of Mourning -- Get Up -- 2,630,828
  • Joliet: Ninjas in Disguise -- Get Up -- 2,334,853
  • Los Angeles: DeLorean Racers -- Get Up -- 2,260,356
  • Seattle: The Last Minute Rejects -- Get Up -- 2,927,323
  • Windsor: Forgive Us Crazy Kids -- Cherub Rock -- 1,750,458

"gay" and "rape". You keep on using those words. I do not think they mean what you think they mean.
singemfrc wrote:
When I got GHWoR at midnight the guy behind me was there to buy a copy of Iron Man 2 on Blu Ray and midnight. Buying a movie at midnight release? Wow, so I didn't feel like the biggest loser

Last edited by niq24601 on Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:22 pm; edited 48 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: niq24601
niq24601  

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump for OP update.

"gay" and "rape". You keep on using those words. I do not think they mean what you think they mean.
singemfrc wrote:
When I got GHWoR at midnight the guy behind me was there to buy a copy of Iron Man 2 on Blu Ray and midnight. Buying a movie at midnight release? Wow, so I didn't feel like the biggest loser
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: niq24601
bclare  

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, who wants to meet me at Paddy O's in Boston?

also, @niq, because I'm lazy, what are the highest scoring songs out of all those?
Deschain  

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Highway Star and My Last Words are the only songs that can theoretically break 3 million points.

I also highly discourage anybody trying out at the Transit Lounge.

Last edited by Deschain on Mon May 03, 2010 2:39 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Deschain9 PSN Name: Deschain9
bclare  

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, lemme rephrase that: what are the songs with the best ratio of score to difficulty? Because no one on a US (NTSC) tv will ever get close to optimal on MLW, and highway star is difficult too.
Deschain  

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, Highway Star has the highest potential score. My Last Words has 9k less. The next closest song is Get Up Sex Machine Pt.1, and it's a 300k drop. That's a pretty solid margin of error to work with, considering a live setting, probably not your own instruments, etc.

Regardless, if you have Excel, this is probably what you're looking for:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=S64JC5TW
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Deschain9 PSN Name: Deschain9
Shaph  

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deschain wrote:
I also highly discourage anybody trying out at the Transit Lounge.

I'd be competing there, if I knew of any band mates who'd be interested in giving this a try. Besides, any excuse to go down to Miami and party is a good excuse indeed.

This will never be the only landscape we create.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: Shaph514 Wii Friend Code: 5063917987417061
bclare  

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deschain wrote:
Ok, Highway Star has the highest potential score. My Last Words has 9k less. The next closest song is Get Up Sex Machine Pt.1, and it's a 300k drop. That's a pretty solid margin of error to work with, considering a live setting, probably not your own instruments, etc.

Regardless, if you have Excel, this is probably what you're looking for:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=S64JC5TW

Thanks for the list.

Anyway, I don't know if I'd be able to get a band together that'd be decent at HS or MLW, so I'd be looking beyond those anyway and hoping that there's no superband lurking in the Boston area. Or if there is, that they'd like a bassist or vocalist

For anyone else interested, the highest scoring songs that aren't very difficult are Sex Machine (although hard-ish vox I think?), Cherub Rock, Panic Switch (tough guitar solo), and Ramblin Man. Those are all in the 2.5-2.8m range, and Ramblin Man is only a little lower than Sex Machine.
niq24601  

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good times, I managed to somehow not see the spreadsheet until I made this list :P.

3.129 Highway Star
3.123 MLW
2.982 Get Up (I Feel ...)
2.972 JCP
2.861 Flirtin' w/ Disaster
2.804 Ramblin' Man (invalid RS; actual optimal is prolly below TuiB)
2.777 TuiB
2.767 Sulfur
2.715 Panic Switch
2.710 Cherub Rock (uggh the "optimal" path involves an impossible squeeze in ).

Assorted thoughts:
*bclare's right; it's not worth trying MLW in a bar. Ever.
*Highway Star is worth it if you have a drummer who can consistently hit the two tricky-ish unison bonuses. Missing a UB costs about 100K-150K points so even if you miss one a good run on Get Up will be very close. That said, I suck, and I can still hit one of the tricky UBs 90% of the time and the other one 50%.
*Otherwise, look for a vocalist who can FC James Brown or a drummer who has the JCP pattern down.
*Otherwise, just find someone with the stamina for Ramblin' Man or patience for TuiB.
*Otherwise, Panic Switch or Cherub Rock

singemfrc wrote:

Last edited by niq24601 on Sat May 15, 2010 3:22 am; edited 6 times in total
bclare  

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nick you don't have Panic Switch pathed yet because it's somewhat recent, but if you run that through your program it might end up higher than Cherub Rock (or at least within the margin of error given whammy calculations)

Yeah oddly enough the 21+ requirement knocks out a lot of the top bands. I think Interrobang is all 21+ but they don't live in the same area (actually who is it that lives in boston, Beingmused? hm...) and I think Tobias is the only 21+ guy in vVv adrenaline, plus it seems like most of the other best players are teenagers. Age ftw!
Shaftedofadown  

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do they fix the lags? Cause if there's a huge lag, i wouldn't recommend doing JCP for sake of rhythm. Ramblin man is actually pretty easy with or without lag if you have the right hand stamina.

If you're turning 21 within the year, are you allowed to participate still?

BigFatBob wrote:
DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN, SUPERMAN, THOUGH. I ain't never seen a nigga puttin' a song on his back like that before, though!
woozerkristen  

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bclare wrote:
Yeah oddly enough the 21+ requirement knocks out a lot of the top bands. I think Interrobang is all 21+ but they don't live in the same area (actually who is it that lives in boston, Beingmused? hm...) and I think Tobias is the only 21+ guy in vVv adrenaline, plus it seems like most of the other best players are teenagers. Age ftw!

Actually, only 3/4 of Interrobang is 21+. But you are right, we don't all live in the same area.

If anyone needs a vocalist or bassist to try to qualify in Atlanta, let me know.

Vocalist/Guitarist/Bassist for The PermaRockers | Vocalist/Bassist/Pather for Now-Retired Band Interrobang! | Interrobang! Full Band Vids/Solo Vox Vids on YouTube | Facebook | Twitter | Solo Accomplishments Thread
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: woozerkristen
internetguy87  

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well clearly IB will NOT be getting together for this =).

I still could be interested in trying to qualify if any band is looking for a drummer or a vocalist let me know.

I am from Buffalo, NY so I would be looking at the Erie, OH or London, ON for the two possible looking locations.

I play my game online
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger PSN Name: internetguy87
nipps  

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

internetguy87 wrote:
Well clearly IB will NOT be getting together for this =).

I still could be interested in trying to qualify if any band is looking for a drummer or a vocalist let me know.

I am from Buffalo, NY so I would be looking at the Erie, OH or London, ON for the two possible looking locations.

there is an online entry too... but its supposively a sweepstakes

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone interested in joining up me and 2 friends for the Joliet venue? We need a singer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 1 of 15

Jump to: