FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Grinnz's RB Customs and X+ vids (7/30: Forty Six & 2)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grinnz  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:57 pm    Post subject: Grinnz's RB Customs and X+ vids (7/30: Forty Six & 2) Reply with quote

So far I've just converted a bunch of RB2 tracks and DLC to Expert+ (video only as I am guessing I can't provide the mids when I didn't author most of it). Also I recently began making some actual customs, starting with the Super Mario 64 soundtrack because it's so awesome, and also planning on charting lots of Tool and Avenged Sevenfold.

I generate charts for all the songs with ajanata's chartgen, they are here: http://grinnz.net/mids/charts/

Customs
All my customs are authored for all difficulties on all appropriate instruments (yes including vocals), the one thing I don't do is the venue track, that would take waaay too much patience and creativity. I may or may not author guitar/bass left-hand animations.
The expert drum tracks are authored for a double-pedal setup, they are meant to be *everything* the drummer plays (or close enough when it comes to mario songs with electronic drum tracks). I will usually provide a "one-pedal" version of the song if necessary.
Most of them are aligned to measure 2 or 3 so the original audio files will have to be delayed.

Difficulties: Guitar - Bass - Drums - Vocals

Tool - Lateralus (one-pedal version) (vid) Offset 4.1s - ••• - •••• - ••••• - •••
Tool - The Grudge (one-pedal version) (vid pending) Offset 1.48s - ••••• - ••••• - ǒǒǒǒǒ - ••••
Audioslave - Hypnotize (vid pending) Offset 4.02s - ••• - •• - •••• - ••••
Godsmack - Vampires (one-pedal version) (vid pending) Offset -8.87s - •••• - •••• - ••• -
Mushroomhead - The War Inside (one-pedal version) (vid pending) Offset 4.17s - •• - ••• - ••••• - ••••
Muse - Micro Cuts (vid pending) Offset 5.75s - ••••• - ••• - •• - ••
Avenged Sevenfold - Blinded In Chains (one-pedal version) (vid) Offset 2.365s - •••• - •••• - ǒǒǒǒǒ - •••••
Tool - Forty Six & 2 (one-pedal version) (vid) Offset 6.19s - •••• - ••• - ǒǒǒǒǒ - •••

Super Mario 64 soundtrack
Koji Kondo - Dire, Dire Docks (one-pedal version) Offset 2.98s - - - ••••• - no vocals
Koji Kondo - Koopa's Theme (bowser battle) Offset 5s - - •• - •••• - no vocals
Koji Kondo - Slider (slide theme) Offset 2.26s - ǒǒǒǒǒ - •••• - - ••

Expert+ Vids
can be found in this playlist or this playlist. This list also contains charts of songs that were previously in GH as I can't release those midis either.

All That Remains - Chiron
All That Remains - This Calling
All That Remains - Two Weeks
At the Gates - Blinded by Fear
Avenged Sevenfold - Afterlife
Avenged Sevenfold - Almost Easy
Avenged Sevenfold - Bat Country
Avenged Sevenfold - Nightmare
Behemoth - Conquer All
Between the Buried and Me - Prequel to the Sequel (full version)
Bullet for My Valentine - Waking the Demon
The Black Dahlia Murder - What a Horrible Night to Have a Curse
Cannibal Corpse - Hammer Smashed Face
Children of Bodom - Are You Dead Yet?
Dethklok - Laser Cannon Deth Sentence
DevilDriver - Clouds Over California
Dream Theater - Constant Motion
Dream Theater - Panic Attack
Endeverafter - I Wanna Be Your Man
God Forbid - Empire of the Gun
Job For a Cowboy - Embedded
Judas Priest - Painkiller
Lamb of God - Laid to Rest
Machine Head - Aesthetics of Hate
Mastodon - Colony of Birchmen
Megadeth - Sleepwalker
Metallica - ...And Justice for All
Metallica - Battery
Ministry - The Great Satan
Pantera - The Underground In America
Slipknot - Duality
Slipknot - Psychosocial
Slipknot - Sulfur
Testament - More Than Meets the Eye
Tool - Schism
Tool - Vicarious
Whitechapel - This Is Exile

I may take requests but I have a lot planned already so be patient.
<Blehgopie> so its like GH guitar then

Last edited by Grinnz on Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:12 am; edited 66 times in total
inimitable  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're authoring all drum difficulties already, it won't take too long to change an Expert+ track into an Expert track. I don't know how familiar you are with the scene, but when releasing Ex+ tracks most people release two versions - the EMH difficulties are the same in both, but the X difficulty varies. This is because when Hard is properly charted there are differences in how difficult the pads are compared to Expert, regardless of the kick (this of course varies for each song).

Looking forward to some releases (outside of the SM64 OST).

Newest custom chart: Avantasia - The Tower (RB3 Full Band)
Grinnz  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right, that's why I don't just author "expert" on hard...maybe I'll just make an expert version of the songs as you said. (The right foot animation is charted basically how expert would be anyway) The Mario tracks I've done so far don't warrant it, but I just finished the drum part for Lateralus and it certainly does.
Grinnz  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally completed Lateralus, my first actual full-band chart (the mario ones were nothing compared to a real song, nevermind the monstrosity that is Lateralus). I may yet go back and fix more things, I've been gradually editing various tracks as I charted the vocals but I think I'm finally satisfied with it. All instruments, all difficulties, all animations...haven't felt like playing with the venue track yet but if I do, I'll be returning to this chart. I'll upload a single-pedal version and put in the offset in a bit.

I think I'm going to chart something easier next.
M4v3rIcK  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm trying Lateralus right now, i'll give feedback of it but from what I've seen on Youtube, it looks damn great!

Edit: After playing Tool's track, i must agree this is pure awesomeness!
Only minor annoyance I found is the track at the end for drum being a bit offsync (half a sec) when hitting those crash cymbals.
Grinnz  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

M4v3rIcK wrote:
I'm trying Lateralus right now, i'll give feedback of it but from what I've seen on Youtube, it looks damn great!

Edit: After playing Tool's track, i must agree this is pure awesomeness!
Only minor annoyance I found is the track at the end for drum being a bit offsync (half a sec) when hitting those crash cymbals.

Are you sure you're using the album version? Mine syncs up fine

Glad you like it, there is sure to be more tool to come (just not for a bit!)
Grinnz  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Audioslave - Hypnotize up (sorry not the SOAD song ... yet), vid processing

I really like how the Magma-generated venue turned out in this instance, it fit the different parts of the song scarily well. (In the vid there's a shot of the vocalist wagging his finger as he says "Oh no, don't you ...")
woopton  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lateralus was pretty good, glad to see it full band as well! Sync wasn't perfect but good enough to play, I'd still rate it 5/5. Hope you keep pumping out more full band charts!!
Grinnz  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weird that you guys are getting sync issues; is it consistently out of sync for you or does it get out of sync like the other person said? I'll try mashing the mid with the original audio file again to see if I can reproduce it
M4v3rIcK  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must say I never played real drum but the crash from hitting those cymbals at the end of the track doesn't appear at the same time the green note does. Could there be some mysterious intstrument in the track making it delayed (oh god I suck so hard with IRL music )

Otherwise, I just played Hypnotize and plz, never stop charting. Those 2 customs were exactly what I was looking for to play. Nice job.
Grinnz  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I just tried auditioning from a raw conversion of the album version offset by 4.1s combined with the mid I have for download and saw no sync issue, the end cymbals were synced just as they are in the vid. So I'm stumped

If you're referring to the green roll at the end of the track, that's a barely audible floor tom roll (but very noticeable if you ever watch him play the song)

Nonetheless, I appreciate the excuse to play the chart for the umpteenth time, Lateralus is my all-time favorite song and the drums never get old
woopton  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey sorry for any misunderstanding but the song (lateralus) doesn't go out of sync for me and its really not bad at all, it was more of a problem on my end. I figured out my problem was that the notes come about a half second sooner then I'm used to so in the harder parts it seemed to go out of sync but it was me just hitting the notes too early. I tried putting the offset to 4.2 but it made it worse, so finally i just decided to use 4.1 offset and adjust my calibration in the game slightly and voila!!! Sorry for driving you nuts trying to figure out whats NOT wrong with your chart, my bad. Great job and keep charting those full band charts!!!!
Grinnz  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

woopton wrote:
Hey sorry for any misunderstanding but the song (lateralus) doesn't go out of sync for me and its really not bad at all, it was more of a problem on my end. I figured out my problem was that the notes come about a half second sooner then I'm used to so in the harder parts it seemed to go out of sync but it was me just hitting the notes too early. I tried putting the offset to 4.2 but it made it worse, so finally i just decided to use 4.1 offset and adjust my calibration in the game slightly and voila!!! Sorry for driving you nuts trying to figure out whats NOT wrong with your chart, my bad. Great job and keep charting those full band charts!!!!

Glad it's resolved It may be a few milliseconds more than 4.1s but at that point I'd probably just get the timing more inaccurate.
Grinnz  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally finished Dire, Dire Docks, I put it off for a while cause I wasn't sure how to split up the piano to guitar/bass but I found some sheet music, gl with the drums!
inimitable  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job on the Lateralus and Hypnotize charts. I haven't had a chance to play them yet (waiting 'til the HDD loading version of RawkSD comes out before loading customs again it's taking forever), but the videos paint a pretty picture. Props for getting most of the vocals looking right, too; we don't see many people outside of semi-official RBN groups doing vox tracks (myself included, I hate charting 'em).

Then again I hate singing 'em too, but nice work nontheless.

Newest custom chart: Avantasia - The Tower (RB3 Full Band)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: