FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Rock Band files to MIDI?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
iggMaN  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:38 pm    Post subject: Rock Band files to MIDI? Reply with quote

Hi guys.
I guess this is kind of a strange question considering the rest of the forum, but I don't really know where else to ask. (Also, sorry if this isn't allowed.)

I've recently gotten RB3 and bought some songs. Now, I'd like to extract them to my computer and convert them into .mid file. I mainly use my computer and FOFIX (frets on fire mod) to play.
I've gotten a transfer-cable so I can get the files from the harddrive, I'm just wondering what to do next with the files.

Any help please?
DorkmasterFlek  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're referring to the audio, there is no automated way to do this that I'm aware of. One problem is converting audio into MIDI data in some reliable, accurate fashion. The other problem is that in RB DLC files, the MOGG file which contains the audio is encrypted, so you can't even play it back to begin with.

If you're referring to the chart files, those are already in MIDI format. The easiest way to get at the file is to transfer them to a USB stick on your 360, then plug the USB stick into your PC and use a tool such as Modio or Horizon to extract the individual files from the Xbox DLC file.
Everybody likes Boston on some level. They're like a soul detector. Most people don't know this, but vampire hunters carry a Talkboy containing a snippet of More Than A Feeling. Anyone who doesn't smile when they hear it gets staked on the spot. It works flawlessly.
raynebc  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My experience was that Modio would bug out trying to extract really large song packs (like the RB1/2 export) from my flash drive to my computer, I had to use one of the alternative programs. After that, I've had good luck getting the MIDI file by extracting the contents with LeFluffie.
inimitable  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Extracting contents of the current RB files isn't explicitly against the rules here, but it is frowned upon. They're encrypted for a reason, after all.

And I imagine you'll have more luck if you ask on the FOF forums, since they're the ones ripping all the RB content. :\

Newest custom chart: Avantasia - The Tower (RB3 Full Band)
iggMaN  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DorkmasterFlek wrote:
If you're referring to the audio, there is no automated way to do this that I'm aware of. One problem is converting audio into MIDI data in some reliable, accurate fashion. The other problem is that in RB DLC files, the MOGG file which contains the audio is encrypted, so you can't even play it back to begin with.

If you're referring to the chart files, those are already in MIDI format. The easiest way to get at the file is to transfer them to a USB stick on your 360, then plug the USB stick into your PC and use a tool such as Modio or Horizon to extract the individual files from the Xbox DLC file.

I was referring to getting the chart-files, mainly. It would be nice to get the audio too though, but it isn't that big of a deal really.
Hm, correct me if I'm wrong, but I was pretty sure that I saw some way somewhere around here that you could use to extract the individual files from a MOGG file.

raynebc wrote:
My experience was that Modio would bug out trying to extract really large song packs (like the RB1/2 export) from my flash drive to my computer, I had to use one of the alternative programs. After that, I've had good luck getting the MIDI file by extracting the contents with LeFluffie.

Oh alright. Well, I'm just going to be extracting individual files, so that shouldn't be that big of a problem I hope.

inimitable wrote:
Extracting contents of the current RB files isn't explicitly against the rules here, but it is frowned upon. They're encrypted for a reason, after all.

And I imagine you'll have more luck if you ask on the FOF forums, since they're the ones ripping all the RB content. :\

I figured. I'm not intending on doing anything bad though, I mean, I bought the songs so I'd like to play them too, I just prefer FOFIX over RB3.
I'd like to ask a FoF forum, but I can't really seem to find any. The one I used to go to has been down for a couple of days now.
trojannemo  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you are considerally better off waiting for fretsonfire.net/forums to come back online.

ALL of the RB and GH songs are available for download in FoF and FoFIX formats there...most available in PhaseShift as well (I recommend the latter of the three)....

but most importantly, I recommend RB3.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: TrojanNemo
ScorePirate  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:43 am    Post subject: .mid files Reply with quote

I'd be curious where a good place to find the chart files that aren't png's is. I'm trying to use the chart files to use in Synthesia.
raynebc  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the concept of Synthesia, but I dearly want the developer to add support for a backing audio track. It could become the most complete piano/keyboard rhythm game.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: