FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Consequences of opening guitar then sending it for warranty?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
truK  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:41 am    Post subject: Consequences of opening guitar then sending it for warranty? Reply with quote

Here's the deal: My down strum quit working. Surfing around here, I thought I had found an easy fix by adjusting it, as others have had similar problems. But low and behold, I crack open the fucking thing and "the reed switch" had broken (the part with the little black plastic tab). So now, I have to send it in for warranty repairs. What happens if I send it in and they somehow find out I've cracked it open? I didn't mess around with much and I made sure the broken piece is still inside the body of the guitar. I even torqued the screws down to what I assume the factory did. I mean, are they going to charge me for shipping, keep my guitar....in other words, am I going to get screwed on this? If so, I'll just keep the damned thing and fix it myself...somehow. I can imagine the worst possible senario. Anyone else had this issue? Anybody else opened their guitar and then sent it back? I just want to lose my guitar and charged an assload for shipping. Btw, no "photosensitive" tape, but the cube was there in the upper right. Any thoughts on this? I'm kinda scared.
Nirvana Fukking RULEZ! The problem is that they put all of the band's "pointless" songs on the radio, played them to DEATH and forever tarnished the reputation of a Profound poet, who saw meaning in the things that we ignore or take for granted......

CLICK THE DAMN BANNER!!!
baggyklown  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was wondering the same thing. because i opened mine because it was broken. then i looked here, and found out i could return it. they've already sent me the empty box, and i sent my guitar in, but that was on the 26th. so i still have to wait for a reply.

my tutorial (how to change the preview of a song)
blinkrebels  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

can you post pics of the broken part? also do you know which generation this is?
inimitable  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just put the deposit down so they send you a guitar first. That's what I did and there weren't any troubles. ;)

Newest custom chart: Avantasia - The Tower (RB3 Full Band)
directshot999  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They might make you pay for damages. My friend tried to open his and they found out.
truK  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think its a first gen from what Ive read.........the pic from the other strum bar post is what the guts of mine look like the part that broke is the contact that has the black plastic nub on it that contacts the other end of the "reed"... If you look at the pic its labeled plastic nub B..the metal that its connected to just snapped where the spacer is on the pic ............I might try fixing it myself.......cuz I dont want to get stuck paying for a bunch of labor or shipping..... but I dont want to void my warranty in case something else breaks......btw how much did they charge your friend for fixing his guitar? did they make him pay for the shipping too? How about labor? and I thought about the express shipping option to get the guitar befor first then send in my broke one, but I dont want them keeping the $125 dollar deposit.....
Decisions, Decisions, what to do, what to do......
Nirvana Fukking RULEZ! The problem is that they put all of the band's "pointless" songs on the radio, played them to DEATH and forever tarnished the reputation of a Profound poet, who saw meaning in the things that we ignore or take for granted......

CLICK THE DAMN BANNER!!!
TheGlow  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think youd be fine.
At this rate I think they just want to get out the "fixed" models and get old models to repackage and send out as "fixed" again.
Again theres nothing to prove you opened it unless you got jagged hits on screw holes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: