FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Squeezing, vocals style

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
violinhero86  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 1:41 am    Post subject: Squeezing, vocals style Reply with quote

I'm sure many of you have already discovered this, but I didn't see a discussion about it, so I thought I'd start one.

If you activate overdrive at the beginning of an activation section, sometimes it'll start draining right away, as though it's considered part of the following phrase.

For example, in Vasoline, if you get all of the first few overdrive bits, and then activate right at the beginning of the first activation section, it'll start draining right away. You'll get overdrive through the next two full phrases, and then it'll stop near the beginning of the third phrase ("keep getting stuck here..."). However, if you activate overdrive right at the end of the activation section, you'll get about two and a half phrases with overdrive, and therefore more points!

I've found that the latest possible time to activate overdrive, at least for Vasoline, is about one beat before the activation section ends, but this could vary between different songs.

Now for the actual squeezing. It turns out, that if you're really close to the threshold that I just described, sometimes it'll activate overdrive late in the following phrase and you won't get the full 8000 points for the phrase since you didn't have overdrive active through the whole phrase. Depending on the relative lengths of the first phrase after the overdrive activation and the phrase in which the overdrive stops, you may get more points for cutting out some overdrive in the first phrase in order to get more in the last phrase.
MasterBlaster  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! If someone can master this technique, it looks like people will be squeezing points out of vocal songs too...

Whoever gets there first...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One more thing that's even more squeezy:

In this thread, it's discussed how if you only have OD active for part of a phrase, the amount of extra points you get depends on the amount you fill your phrase meter while OD is active.

Most phrases, even on expert, give you more opportunity than you need to fill up your phrase meter all the way if you're singing perfectly. Thus, if you activate OD late enough that it would start after the beginning of the next phrase, don't start singing on the first note. Wait a short while, and you can get the full 8000 for that first phrase even though OD started late! Combine this with singing perfectly in tune at the beginning of the phrase where OD is destined to run out, and you can squeeze out even more points.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: