FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Targeted Score Vocals H2H League: Crazed - Hail to the Champ
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37, 38  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bandaddy  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good match CPU. I think we were pretty even all season, and maybe split 3-3 for head to head matches, too.
Red and IG......[shakes head]
Unbelievable.
Congrats to Crazed and Socko, too. Havikk, what up w/ the curse?

Me thinks the end is near for poor, dear old Bandaddy, lol.
dogfoodnyc  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spoke to Havikk, he basically got the curse in the end. His mic broke down in the last minute so he couldn't do anything about it.

My YouTube Channel
socko25  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry to hear that about your mic Havikk.

Red and IG: *jaw drop* I think epic is an understatement on that one.

Congrats Bandaddy. Well battled if I do say so myself.

Crazed... best of luck this round. Let's keep it clean. No rabbit punches and nothing below the belt. Let's do this!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the praise. One Step Closer easily took up most my time. First I was attempting to simply lose the points by getting less than 1000/1000 awesomes. I actually managed to get into the low 800's (201800's) with this technique but boy was it maddening. Then I discovered with the path 2/, 2/, 2/ on the second activation you actually run out just before it's over. The idea is to hit "most" of the talkie, wait for it to run out and quickly cram a "BREAK" in there to fill the pie up at the end. You can actually "lose" up to 600 pts with this technique. If you wanted to not restart cause you lost to much it was also possible to squeeze back a few hundred on the third activation. Once I got this technique down it took another hour or so to nail my score.

Panic Attack was simply use 2/, get a score that ends in 4, then figure out the combination of taps to hit the partial phrase score. You can then path to hit the exact number of full phrases. Only took me like 10 minutes.

Our Truth was a pain because I was on the PS2. The nice path for 360/PS3'ers was simply use 3/sk1 and get 3 full phrases and 3464, 3564, or 3664 of the next phrase. Then there is a pattern of tambos with OD (some in, some out) that will allow you to nail the target. I used this path and hit the squeeze in like 15 minutes, but PS2 doesn't count tambos under OD as 2x, so I had to use a dumb path of hit 1 tambo, activate ASAP after taps and squeeze the final points. This caused me to have to sing basically the entire song each attempt instead of just until first activation early in the 2nd verse.

Overall was a tough week, but I knew my opponent and had to grind =P.

As for this week very good luck bandaddy. I hope you take the challenge (not trying to put myself in praise but I will be grinding these tough) and give it your all against me this week. I already have pathed the songs and all 3 don't look that bad (compared to some beasts lke NITA, OSC, and WYG we had this season). Also GL to the other conference final =).

And most of all thanks for the great match redanteater. As DF said you basically came outta nowhere with this league; domination week after week. I knew this week I had to go all out after what happened in our last match. I also think its purely awesome that in our last 2 matches we hit a combinated 9 out of 12 targets. Sorry one of us had to lose so early in the playoffs.

Hope this post didn't ramble too much but I figured you guys would enjoy to know my techniques on a few tricky songs last week.

I play my game online
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger PSN Name: internetguy87
Havikk  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dogfoodnyc wrote:
Spoke to Havikk, he basically got the curse in the end. His mic broke down in the last minute so he couldn't do anything about it.

Yep sorry about that Socko. Trust me, it wasn't the curse. It was actually me cursing because I grinded Cherry Bomb too much. All that came out of it were two broken microphones and the 2nd place overall score on 360 (even without the FC) <_<. I blame Mayra for suggesting I play that song.

IG, like I said on twitter, holy shit...that is all.
Bandaddy  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IG, I will give it my best....but my "technique" does not include hours of play to grind these out, as I simply don't have that kind of time on my hands. Throughout this league my method has been to look at the charts, figure out a path (hopefully) and then make 1-5 runs of each song so I have scores. If I get within 10, I'm pretty damn happy.

So basically I count on luck, lol.

Havikk, feel free to apply the curse to IG this week, since you're done and won't be using it against your own opponent.
dogfoodnyc  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI, all four of the remaining players will have to play in the following week regardless. The losers of this week will play each other in the 3rd place consolation round with the exact same songs as the two finalists ^_^

I am lucky that the storm only hit a little bit in northern part of Taiwan. If you go to CNN Asia, the damage done in southern part is Katrina-like with mudslides and landslides basically wiping out many villages and their residents

My YouTube Channel
Emptyeye  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll admit I haven't been following this too closely until recently, but to this:

dogfoodnyc wrote:

Internetguy87 Def. Redanteater
One Step Closer
201764 (2) v. 201928
Our Truth
132339 (0) v. 132339 (0)
Panic Attack
169059 (0) v. 169059 (0)

I can only say "What. O.o" Simply epic stuff.

By the way, glad to hear you're okay dogfood. Heard about the evacuations they were doing in China, and it looked just crazy.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

same drill as last week. i am going to bed right now and hopefully i will be up by around 7pm EST which will be 7AM over in Asia ^_^

My YouTube Channel
internetguy87  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wakie Wakie sleepyhead!

I play my game online
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger PSN Name: internetguy87
dogfoodnyc  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please Correct Me If You Think I Missed Something

I am completely speechless:

Crazed Def. Socko25

Aqualung - 314804

314804 (0) v. 314810 (6)

Colony of Birchmen - 169714

169714 (0) v. 169965 (19)

Testify - 234265

234264 (1) v. 234000 (265)

Crazed picked the right time to peak and Socko25 put up a great fight. But in the end Crazed was just too robotic in getting these sick scores.

Bandaddy Def. Interguy87 via Tie Breaker 1

Aqualung - 314804

314724 (80) v. 314805 (1)

Colony of Birchmen - 169714

169714 (0) v. 169714 (0)

Testify - 234265

234248 (17) v. 234420 (155)

Tie Breaker 1 Rule - Smallest total differencials wins

Bandaddy - 80 + 0 + 17 = 97
Internetguy87 - 1 + 0 + 155 = 156

Bandaddy wins the Tie Breaker 97 to 156

I will let you guys comment on this one, I did not expect it to be even closer than last week.

I just want to say that thank you for all your hard work and sorry that I am late on this one. So I am extending the deadline by 24 hours. So the scores for Championship and 3rd place round won't be due until MONDAY August 24 7PM EST. And here are the final 3 songs.

----------------------------

League Championship & Third Place Round

Painkiller: 35 Phrases Range 138000 - 196000 Target Score: 166013
Give It Away: 90 Phrases Range 358000 - 467000 Target Score: 460208
Teen Age Riot: 62 Phrases Range 246000 - 319000 Target Score: 273241

Crazed VS Bandaddy for the League Championship
Internetguy87 VS Socko25 for the League Third Place Winner

My YouTube Channel
internetguy87  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well sadly I messed up and forgot to double check the rules. Not trying to make excuses or anything Bandaddy, but I got tied up on time (maybe Havikk really did put the curse on me =P). I had to choose which songs to spend more time on and I purposely "threw" Testify to work on the other two, figuring we would tie on 1, I would win 1, and then I'd lose Testify, so we could get a new song and have a tiebreaker song. I guess I forgot about the total points thing. A little burnt out from last weeks effort =).

Oh well, nice job on CoB and Testify. Just curious, what method did you use on Testify to get your score?

Once again I apoligize, I am not trying to make excuses as I obviously did get beaten by the rules, just kind messed up =P. Good luck in finals bandaddy.

Edit: Why couldn't extension have been this week =D lol. Oh wellz

I play my game online
dogfoodnyc  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IG, I totally understand where you coming from and I am sorry to see the games came down to that. So I have no problem with you scratching head over the tie-breaker. On that note, I apologize for not reminding you guys about the tie-breaking formula again this week. The only reason I extend the deadline for this week is b/c I didn't post the result until just hours ago. I am sure Bandaddy will be shocked to see himself in the finals due to your strategic mis-calculation.

On a sad note, I was visiting my uncle (my mother's younger brother) who I haven't seen in over 19 years. He had to have his lower left leg removed due to a clog in that area caused by diabetes. I am just glad that he still remembers me after a recent stroke. I just want to share this to all of you guys that LOVE cannot wait. I am glad I was able to at least talk to him and took a picture for memory b/c I am not sure when will be the next time I see him again and will he still remember me like this time.

My YouTube Channel
SilentJo  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad you got to see your uncle after such a long time DF, I'm sure it meant a lot to you.

This rivalry has really been epic, I've got to say... I can't wait for Season 2! (I know everyone's groaning "ugh... S1 is almost over, and she's talking about S2..." hehe)

Great work everyone, and congrats DF for creating such an inventive and epic rivalry!

jo
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: PMS Silent Jo
Bandaddy  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm glad you got to see your uncle after such a long time DF, I'm sure it meant a lot to you.

This.

I'm sure it's something you can put in your memories, and those things always remind us sometimes how silly video games can be..

On the topic of silly video games....shock does not even describe this week's results.

IG, I had so little time as well I was thinking that my asking Havikk backfired on me, lol. My "throw it" score was Aqualung, as it just seemed like it was too long and would take too much time to really get it down close to target. And I just couldn't get Testify to land any closer. I think I was activating on 3/immediate, and then on the phrase where OD runs out, I'd just make a real brief noise going for the 265 points (or close) and then there was enough phrase after OD ran out to complete the pie. Was a tough way w/ scores of 016 to 950 coming from the "brief noise". I think we need to ask Crazed how he did it, cuz he was all over the Target.

btw, congrats to Crazed for making into the finals. Great job on those scores this week.

And also congrats to both Socko and IG for some unbelievable target scoring and their season long efforts. Good luck in your battle for 3rd.

Anyway, this was a real surprise, and sorry you (IG) weren't quite aware of the tiebreaker method. I had read through the tiebreaker stuff, so I was aware, but it wouldn't really have changed what I got for scores either way. I didn't have a "strategy" involving tiebreakers. Honestly, I figured you'd have two targets and maybe a -1, lol.

And a super big thanks to DF. This has been a very unique league, and was a great idea. You've stayed on top of this since the get go, and even with your trip, you've been able to keep things up to day. Fantastic job all the way around DF !!!!

Last edited by Bandaddy on Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Rivalries All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37, 38  Next
Page 36 of 38

Jump to: