FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
4/21 DLC - Styx, REO Speedwagon and Hautewerk + 12 Wii!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eggman  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel really sorry for everyone that doesn't enjoy Styx or who didn't know who they were. I can only imagine that, if you're in the US, you must live in a cave or with people that have terrible taste in music.

All three of the Styx only songs are absolutely fantastic on pretty much everything save Bass.
Mjrj99  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow. what the fuck. the one week i leave the country and are away from my 360, they releases my three favorite songs from my favorite band. i love styx with a passion. these songs are bought as soon as i get back.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This will be the first full pack of tracks I purchase since either Steve Miller I or The Offspring, and the first pack of four or more songs I get since Moving Pictures. I reset all of my DLC on Sunday just so I'd have enough room for this.

Between this, one or two more Pearl Jam packs, and the Eden expansion, I'm going to have a fun week of DLC this week...
Jercurpac  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nuke39 wrote:
2. Why do all of the trolls come out when we have the official DLC thread, instead of the announced DLC thread?

They're probably people who never (or rarely) stop by the forums. They're happy to occasionally look at the front page and think, "What? I don't know any of those bands. The world must know this!"
RJUCPU  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vocal Videos:

REO Speedwagon - Roll With the Changes
Styx - Too Much Time on My Hands

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never heard of these bands, I am going to see if these look fun on guitar or drums before I make my decision.
SpellcasterX  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy crap, half this thread is saying "I haven't heard of Styx/REO, I'm not buying".....to me, that's like saying "I haven't heard of Metallica, I'm not buying GH:M"

I might just buy this whole thing to help give these bands the money they deserve from SH...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpellcasterX wrote:
Holy crap, half this thread is saying "I haven't heard of Styx/REO, I'm not buying".....to me, that's like saying "I haven't heard of Metallica, I'm not buying GH:M"

I might just buy this whole thing to help give these bands the money they deserve from SH...

Just proof that some people are narrow minded.
Adohu  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jellyalv wrote:
Horrible week, who the hell is Hawterewerk (something like this) and these others things?

I want epic song for next week

For fuck's sake, man, why do you come in and flame nearly every DLC announcement each week? What the hell do you like?

I'm really surprised at everyone who hasn't heard of these songs. I was sure that nearly everyone heard at least 3 of them. I also can't believe all of the flaming that is happening on such a great announcement with fun songs on nearly every instrument... Whatever.

This week was full of "oh THAT song"'s for me. I knew Renegade and Blue Collar Man, but when I realized what Too Much Time On My Hands, Riding the Storm Out, and Take It On the Run were, I immediately went to buy it. I didn't expect the re-records for Styx to be that great, but they sound very good (obviously not as great as the originals, but still pretty close). I found all of the songs to be fun on guitar, with awesome solos that had a variety of strange patterns (I think it was Too Much Time On My Hands' solo that had that awesome ending). None are overly challenging, and I don't think any belong in the nightmare tier, but they're still kinda tough. I may be biased because I love all of these songs, but I found this week to be excellent, and from what I hear, I'm going to have a lot of fun on drums and vocals later.

The Hautewerk songs sound awesome, but they just don't seem suited for a rhythm game at all... I may get them one day, it depends.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: adohuu
orangeglacier  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ITT: lots of old people outraged that the bands who were big during their youth are no longer famous. Seriously, who under the age of 30 knows about or cares about REO Speedwagon beyond "Oh yeah, they're one of those cheesy bands from the 70s". To accuse people of not being musically literate because they don't care about one or two lame bands is just ridiculous.

Anyway, might get one or two of these if they have good drum charts.

GH5 (30/43)(Gamma Ray latest)
RB2 (39/42)(Souls of Black latest)
creatchy  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:33 pm    Post subject: @krisdaschwab912 Reply with quote

krisdaschwab912 wrote:
maxxxers wrote:
Fernwilter wrote:
I think im the only one who not likes this week

nope, ur not the only one. i think the styx suck

im glad the wii got bfmv and black tide though!

For this, as well as the terrible grammar which shows your youth, you fail.

Actually, your sentence has considerably poor grammar as well. A more appropriate version of your comment would have been:

For this, as well as for the terrible grammar that shows your youth, you fail.

You can only correctly use 'which' to show cause and effect if you use it immediately after a comma. If you REALLY wanted to use 'which' in your comment, you could have written:

For this, as well as for the terrible grammar, which shows your youth, you fail.

However, that sentence is not well-written either as you are using too many commas. This causes your thoughts to no longer appear clearly stated.

BOTTOM LINE: If you're going to critique somebody's grammar, you had better be sure that yours is somewhat better.

Last edited by creatchy on Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: creatchee PSN Name: creatchee
Deak2112  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did I mention how much I fuckin love you guys!!!!

EDIT: Nevermind, it's live. It's the right direction though

For lulz my Wiki and for My Youtube Channel

Free Bird since 11/9/2009
My only regret is that I only have one life to give for my Lord
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: Deak2112
inv4der  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deak2112 wrote:
Did I mention how much I fuckin love you guys!!!!

EDIT: Nevermind, it's live. It's the right direction though

There aren't any live songs this week. >_>

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread disgusts me, really.

Full of the aforementioned "young kids" (who's ages we don't actually know) coming in and complaining about music they have heard of (which is odd. I was born in 92 and have heard of all this except hautewerk).

BUT ALSO

full of a bunch of classic-rock-o-philes who come in and insult/flame anybody who doesn't enjoy this week's music, claiming them to be closed minded about music, while simultaneously closing their minds to the idea that somebody's opinion is different than theirs.

Simply put, the phrase "you have horrible taste in music" or any synonym for it should NEVER be uttered, as it claims that music can be factually good or bad, while I'm a firm believer in the "beauty is in the eyes of the beholder" school of thought.

tl;dr: While it's poor etiquette to come into a thread just to complain about something you don't know about, it's equal assinine to flame those with different musical tastes than yours.

*ON-TOPIC*
I'm not a huge classic rock person. I enjoy it greatly, but I'm not with you guys who are totally breathless with excitement over this week. Setting the music aside, I see this week as fantastic for vocalists and party-goers, decent for guitarists, somewhat decent for bassists, and full of drum charts more interesting that I thought they'd be.
darkviperd00d  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

God damn i'm having a tough time choosing what songs to buy. Roll With the Changes and Renegade seem like must buys as they're my favorite songs out of this pack but but Riding Out the Storm has a tasty solo. I too am amazed so little people know about REO and Styx, and i'm only 20. Those two bands are staples in classic rock playlists and everyone with any sense of self awareness knows Take It on the Run or Can't Fight This Feeling and Come Sail Away and Renegade are rock classics. Seriously though if you've see any Adam Sandler movie then you've heard Styx.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: