FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
What is happening to the SH community....
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TH3DARKM3TAL  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:36 am    Post subject: What is happening to the SH community.... Reply with quote

im sure everyone has noticed. but i am just wondering why, it seems like EVERYDAY more and more people are taking "breaks" from rock band...
i myself have been considering it. what makes people continue playing so long? for me it was going for bass fcs, but now that i almost have all of them, the only reason i want to play is for my band.

the list of people realizing that rock band is getting boring grows frequently...

please someone give me some idea as to why i am finally becoming so bored with this game i like so much..? after all the money i have invested i dont want to quit.

one reasoni playedwas for youtube videos, but it seems like no one cares anymore, haven gotten a new sbscriber in over 2 weeks..

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the reason you play is part of the problem.

I know this sounds idiotic coming from me but it seems these days that everyone and their mother thinks they can become famous by putting Guitar Hero/Rock Band videos on youtube. That's no reason to play, especially if you judge success by subscribers. There is nothing that enrages me more than people desperately seeking subscribers.

Play to have fun, and if you're not, stop. That's all there is to it.

Localization Manager- MediaLocate
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Npeaen PSN Name: Npeaen
Carungi  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Npeaen wrote:

Play to have fun, perhaps gain some good scores, make friends and become better. If you're not into that type of stuff, stop. That's all there is to it.

Edited for more specifics. Npeaen is right on the nose however.
sextypething  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we as a community are expecting too much of the top players, thus making them feel pressured to keep pushing to do better and better, when maybe they've temporarily hit a wall, and they just keep trying and getting frustrated to the point of saying, "I think it's time for a break.".

Last edited by sextypething on Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:58 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: xTHExLOCUSTx
82erkle  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's pretty much what npean and carungi just stated.

Why are you playing Rock Band to just become popular? I just don't understand the pull of "OMG I NEED TO BE FAMUS CUZ I HAZ UTOOB VIDEOZ!"

Rock Band/Guitar Hero is to better yourself at a game, and meet some new friends on ScoreHero in the process.

Right carungi <3.

But seriously, being famous isn't what GH/RB is about. It's about your passion. What you want to do.

Rock Band Accomplishment Thread
Proud owner of over 2,500+ expert Rock Band FC's.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: erkle82
spartancl44  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carungi wrote:
Npeaen wrote:

Play to have fun, perhaps gain some good scores, make friends and become better. If you're not into that type of stuff, stop. That's all there is to it.

Edited for more specifics. Npeaen is right on the nose however.

Carungi's edits are my exact reasons for playing. When I fire up RB and sling my guitar on (or sit down behind the drums), I think about playing the songs I like to listen, and the ones that are fun, in order to do better on them and have fun.
I'm always quick to read the weekly DLC announcements on Friday and anticipate playing the ones that interest me. Also, if I didn't have friends that I play with every Friday and Saturday night, I wouldn't play nearly as much. (They're always impressed when they see me play, so that helps too:)) But I only play this game cause it's pretty freaking fun, and when I stop thinking it's fun, I'll stop and do something else. I highly doubt I will feel that way any time soon though

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it has been said here a bunch of times. I am having so much more fun with the game not really sitting and working for a tough FC. As some people may have saw I am currently working to FC every song on vocals. I spent so much time last week getting down to 5 songs left. Only 5 songs, but I knew this week, that I was burned out. So I am waiting at least 1 week to work on these 5 songs, and today all I did was go down the list of drum songs, and pick ones I really wanted to play. I played each one, maybe two times. If I got a good score I wrote it down, otherwise I moved on. It was the most fun I had in a while on this game. Eventually I will finish off the vox list, but I knew that it was getting a point beyond fun so I made myself stop.

People need to see it coming basically and take smaller breaks, instead of getting burned out and taking a long break. It makes the game much more fun that way.

I play my game online
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger PSN Name: internetguy87
Southparkhero  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really hate when people say they are going on a "permanent hiatus" when they are gone for mabye 4 hours. If your going on hiatus, MAKE SURE YOUR ACUTALLY DOING IT.[size=7] /azuriteandpeter<_<_<_< just playing...kinda

Also its basically comes down to BAWWWWWWWW NO ONE LIKES ME BAWWWWWWWW or...I have to do real life things, before video games.
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

internetguy87 wrote:
I think it has been said here a bunch of times. I am having so much more fun with the game not really sitting and working for a tough FC. As some people may have saw I am currently working to FC every song on vocals. I spent so much time last week getting down to 5 songs left. Only 5 songs, but I knew this week, that I was burned out. So I am waiting at least 1 week to work on these 5 songs, and today all I did was go down the list of drum songs, and pick ones I really wanted to play. I played each one, maybe two times. If I got a good score I wrote it down, otherwise I moved on. It was the most fun I had in a while on this game. Eventually I will finish off the vox list, but I knew that it was getting a point beyond fun so I made myself stop.

People need to see it coming basically and take smaller breaks, instead of getting burned out and taking a long break. It makes the game much more fun that way.
Right on the money man. Since the DLC has exploded and theres so many songs, its been a real long time since I've played things over and over to get an FC. I've been playing non stop for months to try and fill all four expert setlists..and I feel like I'm treading water lol.

I have taken over #1 spot on overall points and overall unique points though, so it's probably safe to say I play more GH/RB than anyone else. I usually play either an hour in the morning and 3-4 in the evening, or if I'm working early then none in the morning and 5-6 hours in the evening.

What I do to keep it fresh (and this is remembering I have all DLC) is to always start with scores I dont have entered in order alphabetically. If I get bored with that, I start doing random songs. I hit random, see if I have an FC for it, if I don't I play it and if I do I skip it. I'm not trying for FCs specifically, but if I already have one I dont play it all the time unless it's one of my favorites. I also constantly switch up instruments, every once in a while I'll find I'm bored of one instrument, but switching to another (or switching games) also keeps it fresh. I can probably go on forever like this as long as DLC keeps comin out.

I dread when RB3 comes out and I have to start over again lol
GurnKiller  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

internetguy87 wrote:
I think it has been said here a bunch of times. I am having so much more fun with the game not really sitting and working for a tough FC.

Couldn't have said it better. Some of the best times I've had playing RB have been when I'm not going for an FC, felt like sightreading some vox DLC, or random bqping. Playing for fun and not worrying about missing a squeeze or a note makes it SO much more fun when you're playing with people you enjoy playing with, and then just BSing in chat between songs.

Proud Carungiist - If you are a Carungiist, put this in your sig. Let's see how many Carungiists are on ScoreHero!
yakityyakblah wrote:
OMG it's called scorehero not shitty argument hero.

Author for RockGamer Studios
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: GurnKiller
HoboBobulus  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It depends on how much you enjoy music I guess. These days I play the game to enjoy the music. I do know this however: the rock band SH community used to be a lot closer before RB2 was released (if nowhere else, then definitely in the vocals section); there was a lot more competition and most everyone frequented the site and knew each other. I mean seriously, there are maybe 2 of the vocals players that I remember from RB1 that still come around here often, and most of the guitar and drum players I remember are now only occasional posters. I think RB2's decrease of the competitive atmosphere might have something to do with that. Plus, there are just sooo many songs right now that I think a lot of the hardcore players are questioning their purchase of DLC more frequently, which makes them less enthusiastic about the game in the long run; it's not as exciting to see an awesome song come out as it used to be.

With regards to the youtube issue, it seems to me that if you weren't around and making videos at RB1's height, then you aren't going to be steeped in subscriber's unless you do something insane. Youtube frequenters who are RB enthusiasts all have their go-to people by now, and the likelihood of stealing subscribers away from Someguy, or JLC, or the several RB-youtube "celebrities" is low.
Fedora  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been known to frequent random quickplay bands recently too, Gurn.

The original Rock Band career bassist.
Former DJ Hero player for vVv.
ManfredvonKarma  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really, it's not so bizarre want/need to take a break from these games. It gets kind of samey after a while, and the longer you play RB, the less you'll be playing other games/doing work/socializing in the real world. I've taken several long-ish breaks from GH/RB. I came back after a while because the games are awesome, but you just get tired of them after a while.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As for the community, well, the general forum is the lifeblood of this place, and frankly we've gone from hot anticipation of the announcement of RB2 to it having been out 6 months and all the promotional cycle for the product is about over.

We're out of things to talk about.

The original Rock Band career bassist.
Former DJ Hero player for vVv.
CHawk  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, another reason why people are taking breaks is because school is taking a priority at this time. Me for example...I'm taking a break because I have a research paper on Capital Punishment calling my name.

It's all about the time of the year I guess.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

Jump to: