FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
1/06 DLC - Roy Orbison
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Prong1978  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kudos to Harmonix and the late Mr. Orbison for this pack. I enjoyed playing along to every song. This is a great selection of tracks. They sound phenominal. Here's hoping for more ancient rock in the future (even if it was re-recorded in the 80's).

Also, Ooby Dooby dominated my brain when I tried it on Expert drums. I secons the Truckin' 2.0 comment.

In short: Buy this pack!

EDIT:"You Got It" is so awesome, I felt it necessary to FC it on all four instruments (hard difficulty). Also, I FCed "Oh, Pretty Woman" on my vocals sightread because it's awesome.

Last edited by Prong1978 on Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Wallofdenial  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Downloaded Mean Woman Blues and Ooby Dooby. The Former is a HUGE amount of fun on guitar; great solo, and the latter is fun on everything ( drums are a fun, easier version of Truckin')

Last edited by Wallofdenial on Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:30 am; edited 1 time in total
ManfredvonKarma  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was only getting "Oh, Pretty Woman" and "You Got It" originally, but I've been sold on the whole pack.

Also, epic win that they charted the purr/growl on "Oh, Pretty Woman." I would have been unhappy if they didn't.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This pack is greatly appreciated. There's a sort of ghostly charm to all these songs, making them a bit surreal to play in Rock Band, but they definitely stood the test of time.

In Dreams and You Got It are just grand.
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anything particularly interesting on guitar/bass? I'm not really a fan (Didn't really know him before the DLC announcement), and yes I know he's legendary, one of the godfathers of rock and roll and stuff like that, but doesn't mean I'm required to like him based on status alone (If that was the case, I'd probably have to like The Beatles and Pink Floyd lol)

Not expecting 6 star challenge, but I can get into 3 and 4 stars if the chart is interesting or fun. Not gonna really put any time into a one or two star when I'm not into the music a whole ton, though some older bluesy rock can be enjoyable once in awhile.
Wallofdenial  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSH-Hitman wrote:
Anything particularly interesting on guitar/bass? I'm not really a fan (Didn't really know him before the DLC announcement), and yes I know he's legendary, one of the godfathers of rock and roll and stuff like that, but doesn't mean I'm required to like him based on status alone (If that was the case, I'd probably have to like The Beatles and Pink Floyd lol)

Not expecting 6 star challenge, but I can get into 3 and 4 stars if the chart is interesting or fun. Not gonna really put any time into a one or two star when I'm not into the music a whole ton, though some older bluesy rock can be enjoyable once in awhile.

Mean Woman Blues has a nice solo and is the best guitar song in the pack .

Ooby Dooby is fun.

In Dreams has a shitload of chords, and a very unique chart.

Every thing else is fun, but probably far too easy for the Scorehero crowd.

(I've only had hands-on with MWB and OD, the rest I've just seen on Youtube)
mdp1125  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you got it is sooo chills
i sightread fc but its a dope song
DemonHybrid  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

toymachine wrote:
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=bJtGCvKpEWM

STRAIGHT FROM MY HEART FUCKER!

oh man song is so epic

YOU UNDERSTAND, FUCK?!

Epic pack is epic...I'll be picking up one or two
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: DemonHybrid23
cincyroach  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is an awsome batch of songs!
The charts arent really that challenging, but it's great music just to sit and listen to.

P.S.: Harmonix please, please, please release some Doors soon, I will be your biggest fan.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

is there a fur certain date for the wii rock band music store yet?
vader9200  

Location: The town from the movie in The Haunting in Connecticut

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BathTub wrote:
vader9200 wrote:
ok i posted this in the other thread that got locked, but does anyone else think that the versions of In Dreams, Pretty Woman, Claudette, Mean Woman Blues, and Ooby Dooby are different than the origional tracks? I noticed that the music store says that they are from a greatest hits album, so is there any chance that they were rerecorded in 87 or whenever the album was released for the album?

Seems a lot of people missed the fact that in the '80s Roy Orbison had to re-record his music if he wanted to sell anything due to the original recordings getting tied up in legal limbo with the record company. If he hadn't done this we more than likely wouldn't have usable masters anyway.

o that sux that theres no origionals, but hey ill take it!
corkscrewblow  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wallofdenial wrote:
MSH-Hitman wrote:

Ooby Dooby is fun.

yikes, just watched the video for MWB and if thats the best song for guitar out of the whole pack i can't imagine how dull the others are. skipping this week, along with the past 4 weeks
Wallofdenial  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

corkscrewblow wrote:
Wallofdenial wrote:
MSH-Hitman wrote:

Ooby Dooby is fun.

yikes, just watched the video for MWB and if thats the best song for guitar out of the whole pack i can't imagine how dull the others are. skipping this week, along with the past 4 weeks

Says the guy who said he wants Love Her Madly and Five to One and that Love Spreads is boring on GAF lol

At least pick Doors songs that are more than chords and basic melodies, like Spanish Caravan or something

EDIT: Forgot about the solo at the end of Five to One. Oops
corkscrewblow  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

both of those Doors songs have guitar solos. they wouldn't be hard but i'm positive Five to One would be harder than anything on this weeks pack.

also, The Doors > this orbison fellow.

edit: you're right though, Spanish Caravan would be epic. i forgot about that song
Snoman  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

absolutely wonderful pack, not the most technical, but god damn they are fun to play
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: XsnomanX PSN Name: Trueshadow000
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: