FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
1/13 and 1/20 DLC minor leaks.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
woozerkristen  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beingmused wrote:
We can do better than Buckethead, I think.

Surely you did not write this with two bandmates who might consider such a statement blasphemy...

(Though with most of my favorite Buckethead songs, I'd not get to do much.)

But on topic, some good choices, especially the Steve Miller stuff.

Vocalist/Guitarist/Bassist for The PermaRockers | Vocalist/Bassist/Pather for Now-Retired Band Interrobang! | Interrobang! Full Band Vids/Solo Vox Vids on YouTube | Facebook | Twitter | Solo Accomplishments Thread
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: woozerkristen
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really hope there is more. The last thing RB needs is another song from GH:WT, which won't be all that much different really. I'll grab it for kicks, cause...well I like The Joker lol
ralphus33  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSH-Hitman wrote:
I really hope there is more. The last thing RB needs is another song from GH:WT, which won't be all that much different really. I'll grab it for kicks, cause...well I like The Joker lol

Harmonix's history of DLC leads me to believe there will definitely be other DLC released during this time... As someone who does not own GHWT and doesn't really want to buy another game, I really do not mind the repeat songs. There are still more repeats that are likely(when will rockband be getting the Hendrix and Doors?)
beingmused  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

woozerkristen wrote:
beingmused wrote:
We can do better than Buckethead, I think.

Surely you did not write this with two bandmates who might consider such a statement blasphemy...

(Though with most of my favorite Buckethead songs, I'd not get to do much.)

But on topic, some good choices, especially the Steve Miller stuff.

Just before hitting submit I thought "hey, Kristen and Matt will hate me for this....oh well, that bridge was crossed long ago!". I simply must make snide remarks at musical wankery, even if it comes with cool household products stuck on one's head
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: beingmused
NexustEra  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSH-Hitman wrote:
The last thing RB needs is another song from GH:WT

I completely disagree, as would a bunch of others who don't own GH:WT. Thankfully, Harmonix also disagrees. Furthermore, other songs by those artists that aren't repeats are also being offered, so feel free to get those and ignore any repeats if you want. Since it's all optional, there's not really much of a reason to complain about RB getting songs from GH:WT's on-disc selection as DLC.
machchunk  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NexustEra wrote:
Since it's all optional, there's not really much of a reason to complain about RB getting songs from GH:WT's on-disc selection as DLC.

It does take up spots that could be used for better and fresher songs.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: machchunk
gdubs  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations Harmonix, with the release of The Joker you will have taken away the only compelling reason for me to buy GHWT (outside of GHTunes).
NexustEra  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

machchunk wrote:
NexustEra wrote:
Since it's all optional, there's not really much of a reason to complain about RB getting songs from GH:WT's on-disc selection as DLC.

It does take up spots that could be used for better and fresher songs.

Taking into account the GH series repeats on the disc for RB2, I don't think freshness is a top priority for song selection. And "better" is downright subjective and useless as any criteria. Just because a song appears on a competitor's game, that shouldn't force it out of appearing as DLC for the other.

Harmonix is providing a music DLC platform for all Rock Band owners. They're not catering to a subgroup that has both RB and GH. If they did that, we'd be screwed out of awesome songs as DLC for RB just because they were on GH:WT. And some people (even owners of both games) would rather play songs on one game than another. It's not like a song appearing on GH:WT is going to have the same playability as on RB2 (and vice versa). People will prefer playing songs on a certain game.

If they stopped offering duplicates as DLC, they give everyone a reason to buy the competitor's game because all the songs on that game are effectively exclusive then. That's not something Rock Band only owners would be happy about.

Also, why would they impose limits on themselves in response to what the competition does? If they want a Steve Miller Band pack with The Joker in it and they've had it planned since June, they're supposed to say "oh well, GH:WT has it on disc, better take it out of the pack we're offering" once they see an announcement about the GH:WT setlist? Ridiculous.
soldat029  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

please dear god be true, the joker would make my day....

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if they ever "leak" dlc just to push an artist over the edge.

Oh shit Lenny the songs got out, it would look awful bad if you backed out now.

Probably not, but it would be funny if it was true.
BathTub  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The approximately 3 month turn around time on the DLC creation process would put a crimp in that tactic.
-Magnum-  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Buckethead please! If there was Buckethead DLC Rock Band would be (almost) perfect.

Oh, and if this is solo artists month, there is also the possibility of...

Buckethead (as mentioned above)
Rusty Cooley
Paul Gilbert
Michael Angelo Batio
Joe Satriani
Peter Holmgren
Al Di Meola
Brian Kahanek
Andy McKee
etc. etc.

If any or all of these guys got DLC, I would be so happy.

[X] Top 100 in a song (Soothsayer - #32)
..... (Exo Politics - #99)

The Ultimate Bonus Songs Guide
Anatomizing The Cliffs Of Dover - 5* & FC Guide
Beast And The Harlot - Expert - 5* Guide
Stricken Guide v.1.1
Charron  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BathTub wrote:
The approximately 3 month turn around time on the DLC creation process would put a crimp in that tactic.

Well, the Schnitzer fiasco shows that they do sometimes work on the chart before legal gets done with their part.
BathTub  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

True, that and stuff like Who's Next is probably why they are so strict on clamping down on leak discussions on the official forums.
-Magnum-  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twang wrote:

That's still stupid. They'll release all the songs they can license, and they'll get all the songs they want before they call it quits, so if your song doesn't get in, it's not because other songs got in instead, it's because they couldn't/didn't want to put it in.

That wasn't really my point. My point was that the more songs that get released, the less chance there is of what you want getting in the game. Which is true to a certain extent.

[X] Top 100 in a song (Soothsayer - #32)
..... (Exo Politics - #99)

The Ultimate Bonus Songs Guide
Anatomizing The Cliffs Of Dover - 5* & FC Guide
Beast And The Harlot - Expert - 5* Guide
Stricken Guide v.1.1
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: