FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
12/2 DLC - European bands, Miranda Cosgrove, Naked Brothers!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Celeles  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some people are saying fucking the Disney shit. I'm saying fuck this entire week. I honestly can't stand listening to single song on the list save Bodom and Platero y Tu. I usually like catchier stuff on the poppy side, but between the TERRIBLE Disney music, the TERRIBLE European pop-rock, and a shitty song by AAR...ugh.

Honestly. Worst DLC week ever.

Location: Indiana / Kentucky, U.S.A. (or aboard U.S.S. Moisthero)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WHY ARE THEY PUTTING NICK SONGS IN MY GAME

I AM TOO MATURE AND HARDCORE FOR THIS MOM

Tempted rocks, the end.

Last edited by Torchy on Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: StaticWatrmelon
ManfredvonKarma  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShiftBreaker wrote:
There are 506 songs Across the entire Rock Band Platform
The Nickelodeon songs are the bottom three.

Counterpoint:

The songs were put on the marketplace in reverse order. If you sort by release date, "Are You Dead Yet?" is the top song, meaning that it was the most recently added. If you look at it this way, then "Headphones On" is, in fact, the 500th song if the 3 non-transferable ones count (if they do not, then Tempted is #500).

I honestly don't care which song is the 500th, I'm just saying that there's more than one way to look at it, meaning that we'll never actually know.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManfredvonKarma wrote:
ShiftBreaker wrote:
There are 506 songs Across the entire Rock Band Platform
The Nickelodeon songs are the bottom three.

Counterpoint:

The songs were put on the marketplace in reverse order. If you sort by release date, "Are You Dead Yet?" is the top song, meaning that it was the most recently added. If you look at it this way, then "Headphones On" is, in fact, the 500th song if the 3 non-transferable ones count (if they do not, then Tempted is #500).

I honestly don't care which song is the 500th, I'm just saying that there's more than one way to look at it, meaning that we'll never actually know.

Touche, and it doesn't really matter anyway, but I'm just basing it on the the way Wikipedia says which, looking at all previous topics on the Rock Band forums, is in the correct order that it has been announced in every topic on the forums.

Shame that the DLC credits section isn't any help, though.
sedron  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Torchy wrote:
WHY ARE THEY PUTTING NICK SONGS IN MY GAME
I AM TOO MATURE AND HARDCORE FOR THIS MOM

This is getting sigged.
DeusExProcella  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THOSE THREE SONGS ARE NOT BY DISNEY

Now that I've got that out of the way, I'm definitely picking up the Miranda Cosgrove song. I'd have preferred Stay My Baby or the iCarly theme song if we had to have one, but my seven-year-old sister will definitely enjoy this one.

Maybe now we can get some other Nick songs? The Beets, anything by Drake Bell (I actually bought the cd with the Drake and Josh theme song >_> It's pretty damn good if you ask me), I've heard stuff from Pete and Pete thrown around that would be cool.

Hell give us some of Spongebob's rock songs. Sweet Victory from the band episode or the I Wanna Rock parody from the movie.

Oh and THOSE THREE SONGS ARE NOT BY DISNEY
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Consanguinity Wii Friend Code: 519807246797
emptyset  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is probably the only place I've ever seen people actually get angry about increased variety in a music store. Wow.

That having been said, how did I handle dealing with optional (even free) DLC that I wasn't a huge fan of? Well, since I only really wanted one of this week's songs, I bought it, enjoyed it and went on with the rest of my day. I recommend that course of action to those that are truly emotional wrecks over this week's DLC - it really works! I wish you the best and hope you feel better soon.

Squeeze - "Tempted" Expert Vocals

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whats Tempted from? Seriously?

I can't recognize it.

Yes, and those words are "Glurmph wrakckin OWWW yragwragy RAARWR"
xXDarkChaos  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm personally really happy about this weeks DLC. i could give a fuck less about the naked brothers band stuff, but im just beyond happy that they finally put bodom in the game!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plutoknight wrote:

I can't recognize it.

GTA: Vice City, I think. Wave 103 radio station.

Anyhow, I picked up Bodom and Miranda's song. Both are fun on guitar. I almost sightread FC'd the free song but slipped on a chord change near the end.

brb trying it on drums

Edit: Holy crap, Are You Dead Yet? is awesome to play. So is the Miranda song. >_> ^_^

Last edited by Steebeh on Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: II Steebs II PSN Name: SGTV-Steebs
evilgoat  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Free tracks are great, period. I can tolerate the Miranda Cosgrove song a lot more easily than the Naked Brothers Band. My 5 y/o nephew loves iCarly to death, so I watch it quite often with him. It's mildly hilarious, albeit awkward (like any show about fourteen year olds). I just can't see that girl without picturing Summer Hathaway from School of Rock.

Tempted is a great choice, and I might consider one of the other songs. But seeing as how I recently got hardcore back into into finishing RB2, I'm still catching up on past DLC at a medium pace.

XBL ragnartheawful PSN Ragnar_the_Awful
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: ragnartheawful PSN Name: Ragnar_the_Awful
thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

emptyset wrote:
This is probably the only place I've ever seen people actually get angry about increased variety in a music store. Wow.

Who wants variety? We all know they should spend their time catering only to the Scorehero crowd's taste in metal. Silly bear. Guess you didn't get the memo telling everyone that we're the only people who play Rock Band.

As for now, I'll pick up Squeeze because it's the only one I've heard and it's great, and the free track because it's free so it's silly not to. The rest can wait until some time in the new year when I can afford it, or possibly remain ignored if it's really bad, I dunno, I've not heard any of it.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Wow Mr. Mad, who fucked your buffalo?
Prong1978  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, just wow.

I'm a DLC Whore 100%, and I don't care for the Nickelodeon songs. However, no one's forcing me to buy them (I did though). Someday, someone (a cousin or friend's kid) is going to be over at my house, and they're going to like this song just like Deus' 7 year old sister does. They've made 500 songs for this game. I probably like a good 400 - 450 of them. I'm not going to lose any sleep over three songs targeted towards young kids. Kids play video games too you know. I'll play them once a piece, submit scores and then I can go back to playing Metallica/AC-DC/Boston/Megadeth/Locksley/Oasis...and the list goes on and on and on.

Bottom Line: 450 some songs for me and 1 song for Deus' little sister. Those numbers seem to be in my favor. Stop focusing on the minority of songs you don't like and look at the big picture of Rock Band DLC awesomeness.

[Enter Yahtzee]And, stop complaining about the free songs you wankers! Take the sweater grandma knitted for you and like it! You only have to wear it when she's around. Then you can toss in in a pile with Rock Revolution, Billy Bass and fruit cake. The again, at least you can beat someone over the head with a fruit cake.[/Yahtzee]
JRyder  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plutoknight wrote:

I can't recognize it.

I believe the most recent usage of the song is from this Heineken commercial:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01lA62D3Zqk

BShea  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JRyder wrote:
plutoknight wrote:

I can't recognize it.

I believe the most recent usage of the song is from this Heineken commercial:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01lA62D3Zqk

as well as a Fruit of the Loom commercial IIRC
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 2 of 10

Jump to: