FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Point Based FC Rivalry - Wk3 Challenges All Up!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GesterX  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:12 pm    Post subject: Point Based FC Rivalry - Wk3 Challenges All Up! Reply with quote

WEEK 3 SCORES DUE 18-Apr-10 11:59 PM PACIFIC TIME (GMT -8)

This is NOT going to be hyper-competitive and is more likely to suit people who want a bit of motivation when going for an FC.

Please note this rivalry is only for Expert Guitar.

How It Works
Everytime you get a new FC you get an amount of points based on what tier the song is:
So for example if I FC Hangar 18 I get 7 points because it is Tier 7 (aka 6 red dot things).
If I FC Megasus I get 4 points as it is Tier 4
And so on....
Points are only awarded for NEW FCs. Please don't post old FCs.

The reason for the scoring is to reward harder FCs with more points.

SOMETHING TO REMEMBER
Don't be fooled by the dots on the screen for tier rankings. 3 Dots = Tier 4. 5 Dots = Tier 6. 0 Dots = Tier 1.

When Posting FCs
To make it easier for me to add up scores can you please state how many points a song is worth AND at the end of a post the total number of points earned. Also out of my own interest can you also track how many FCs you have in total.

From 04/04 can you please enter all FCs into SH. Picture proof is not required but please enter the score into the SH score manager so people have some visibility on scores etc. Thank You.

To clarify on Lego RB/Import stuff
After thinking about the rules of imports here's what I have come up with.
No single song can be FCed twice IN THIS RIVALRY.
You can only claim the points for a single song ONCE in this rivalry. If you have FCed a song on the L:RB disc before the rivalry started then YES you may FC it as an import and claim the points. HOWEVER, you cannot FC an un-FCed song on-disc then as import and claim the points for both FCs.

If this is not clear then let me know.

Points for L:RB Songs
Points for L:RB songs are calculated based on there RB2 tiers. If someone can confirm if there are any differences please let me know as I dont own the game.

Week 3 Challenges
Double Point Tuesday
Any FCs posted tomorrow get double points. Obviously only applies to new FCs.

Bonus Bass Points
This week if you FC a new song on Guitar and then Bass as well you will get a bonus 2 points (or a bonus 3 points if it's Impossible Tier on Bass). Both bass and guitar FCs must be new!

Circle Takes the Square
Any new GUITAR HERO FC that you get this week will be rewarded with 2 points regardless of tier/game etc. Band Hero FCs do not count.

High Score Bonus
Any new FC which you get with a score of over 300,000 get's a bonus point. Any new FC with a score over 350,000 get's a bonus 2 points.

Rock Band 2: 2K10 Edition
Any new FC which was released in 2010 will get a bonus point. Any Nightmare/Impossible Tier 2010 song will get a bonus 3 points. (as a song not on RB....a.k.a when sprting by year, songs tha fall under 2010)

So after that wall of information:
Participants and Standings

Last edited by GesterX on Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:41 am; edited 19 times in total
MasterNobody  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ehh, to be totally honest this sounds like not exactly the world's best rivalry. 1000 points I think is far too much, that would take freaking forever, and would be downright impossible for most people with. And as with all "FC Count" rivalries, huge huge HUGE advantage to DLC whores, AND to people who just haven't played a lot of their songs. This could be more fun if maybe the points were calculated differently, or if the weekly bonuses were a bit more fun, idk.
I may or may not join, depending on who else is in the rivalry, if any of the rules change, etc.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I think this is a really GREAT concept for a rivalry. It's something new and different and believe me, I've seen them all during my time here on SH lol It evens out the playing field a bit and encourages all skill levels.

But I have to agree with the poster above, 1000 points is pretty high, especially considering it must be "new FC's" and at this point in the release, most people have played through their stuff already to add FC counts to various leaderboards, etc.

Good idea though, nice motivational effort. Maybe tweak it a bit & you will hopefully get a good response. Good luck with this!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the input both.

As a result I've halved the initial goal for people to aim for.

Also I will add weekly challenges/competitions which will award bonus points. So this rivalry will have elements of a normal score based rivalry with the additional benefit of having long term goals to aim for too.

What I'm really going for is to create the ultimate rivalry which combines the best parts of different kinds and people can be as serious or casual about it as they want.

I am aware DLC whores have an advantage but the main goal here is to turn all those Gold Stars into FCs. I'm not a total DLC whore and have around 160 DLC songs + RB1 + RB2 (so in total around 300ish sings). And for me I need inspiration do FC a lot of stuff and that's where the idea came from.

Will probably be back tomorrow afternoon to check on sign-ups and analyse feedback.
82erkle  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm game.

Rock Band Accomplishment Thread
Proud owner of over 2,500+ expert Rock Band FC's.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: erkle82
xXxLagacyxXx  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its a good idea and if it works out defiantly do this again at the rb3 launch

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Challenges sound good, and I like the number- one question though, why is bass not involved? I don't see any reason to not include bass.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a pretty swell idea, but I won't be joining because it's to the point of where I have very little time to devote to new FCs because they're getting so much harder to come by, lol.

themoron112  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bring it on. Im so game

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MasterNobody wrote:
Challenges sound good, and I like the number- one question though, why is bass not involved? I don't see any reason to not include bass.

I had a think about this and I think it would be slightly unfair towards bassists. I thought about giving less points to a bass FC but for now I don't want to complicate things too much.

If all goes well this time I might add bass\drums in next time.

I've added erkle and moron. ANy more takers...?
Silly  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll have a shot at this, I need a good reason to grind out more FCs.

DLC || Last.FM || RB Acc thread || YouTube || Steam || League of Legends
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: Loistava Wii Friend Code: 369484373961
Xpertlefty13  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a lot of easy songs to do, but I'm sure a lot of little numbers will add up quick.

I'm in

2.9.10 - First Bass FSFC
3.20.10 - First to FGFC 3 instruments on RB2.
GesterX  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3 more people needed and we'll start. After that I'll probably accept late participants up to a total of 12.

Also welcoming ideas for weekly challenges.
JOE2210  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess motivation to get my guitar skills better would be good. It's always been last behind vox, bass and drums XD
Sign me up, every rivalry needs someone who is out of their depth XD

Eastwinn wrote:

I honestly don't get it. What is the point of riding someone's ass. What benefit does it bring you?
Gatozapatos  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go ahead and sign me up as well. Sounds like fun, although I have no shot at winning, lol.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Rivalries All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: