FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Harrisonburg, VA - Cafe Clementine Thursday nights.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IWillKickU  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

de1337ed wrote:
And thus another learns, the best part of a music game is showboating!

Why else would anyone pay to play DDR or Beatmania in an arcade, when they could do it all at home?

I'll tell Alex (JMUphysicsguy) and perhaps he'll be there next week. Gives you another stable player so you can rock out even harder.

Sweet. I'd love to meet more Scoreheroers in the area. Also, I'm going to try to get Smokyprogg to come next week. That would be epic. Also, I don't know if you are any good at RB drums or if you know anyone who is, but watching Mark (MrBrownStain420) rock the drumset is pretty damn impressive too.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: IWi11KickU
jmuphysicsguy  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

im in harrisonburg all summer since im working for the physics department, for the next few weeks i dont know if i could make it because im tutoring a friend of mine whos taking a summer class but after that ill definitely be available.....what times does this usually go on, ie thursdays at 7 pm, 10 pm, or what?

edit: also im not the best drummer but i can handle myself pretty well, plenty of drums gold stars(200th ish on SH) and im not too shabby at guitar either (50th on Sh or so)

physicsdm in #SH IRC

smokyprogg  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just tell me what times it be at, and I'm game for next Thursday.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

smokyprogg wrote:
Just tell me what times it be at, and I'm game for next Thursday.

I want to come up but I don't know if I can get transportation. And I'm a pretty good RB drummer [I consider myself one anyway]. I'm 2nd on PS2 H Drums, with like 38 FC's, so I imagine I'd do pretty well at X. And btw Rob, when are you coming here .
[ ] 65 FC's
[ ] 70 FC's
[ ] 75 FC's
[ ] 78 FC's
[x] 1st Place
[9.37] 9.4 mil
RockBand Accomps.
My EL penny mod. Works beyond perfect!

Last edited by el1t3v1rus on 30 Oct 2008 19:55; edited 946,281 times in total
MrBrownStain420  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, RB night was a total blast this past thursday!

Funny thing though... their set is done. I've had 8 sets, and I've never had a set more done than theirs. I'll just bring my own next week... which isn't fair so well either, but it'll do. I also broke their pedal during Don't Fear the Reaper (figures), mainly because their jack on their set is done, and with the stock pedal it was working a bit better than mine... but it pooped out... a little scotch tape fixed our problem though!

Sorry @ Iwillkickyou - I completely forgot that was the first time you were playing that game... but I only had you by a few perfect (and I'm sure it was because I stuck with with the stradocaster)... I'll bring my les paul and explorer next week.

You should also check out his guitars... they are sick as crap. I want him to do my LP. The yellow checkered one is freakin insane!

Because you ARE a metal God, and not a plastic one.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: MrBrownstain420
IWillKickU  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ Smoky and Physics - It's advertised to start at 8:00pm, but last week there was a private party downstairs and we didn't get down until about 9:00. After setting everything up, messing around with the lag callibration, etc, we didn't get playing until about 9:20. I left around 10:00pm and I don't know how much longer things went on.

@ v1rus - Where are you coming from? If you're south of the 'Burg, I might be able to work something out. PM me. EDIT: Nevermind, I just remembered, you're in Winchester right? That's the opposite direction from me.

@ Mark - Now that we have some quality players coming, quality equipment is a must! Bring your stuff.

Also, anyone else coming, if you play on Xbox, feel free to bring your own equipment, as the stuff that's there is pretty shitely. Also, it feels pretty cool strolling into a classy restraunt strapped with plastic guitars.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: IWi11KickU
el1t3v1rus  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IWillKickU wrote:
@ Smoky and Physics - It's advertised to start at 8:00pm, but last week there was a private party downstairs and we didn't get down until about 9:00. After setting everything up, messing around with the lag callibration, etc, we didn't get playing until about 9:20. I left around 10:00pm and I don't know how much longer things went on.

@ v1rus - Where are you coming from? If you're south of the 'Burg, I might be able to work something out. PM me. EDIT: Nevermind, I just remembered, you're in Winchester right? That's the opposite direction from me.

@ Mark - Now that we have some quality players coming, quality equipment is a must! Bring your stuff.

Also, anyone else coming, if you play on Xbox, feel free to bring your own equipment, as the stuff that's there is pretty shitely. Also, it feels pretty cool strolling into a classy restraunt strapped with plastic guitars.

Well I'm actually in Front Royal, about 15-20 miles from Winchester. But yeah I'm still approximately 35-45 miles from the Burg.
[ ] 65 FC's
[ ] 70 FC's
[ ] 75 FC's
[ ] 78 FC's
[x] 1st Place
[9.37] 9.4 mil
RockBand Accomps.

Cyclone  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kinda want to come myself... do you think the 2 hour drive would be worth it?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cyclone wrote:

This week I think so. But honestly, unless you can't find ANYONE to play with ever, 2 hours sounds like a bit much. Keep in mind you'll have to drive home afterwords too, and if you have have to work Friday morning (like me) that can be a royal pain. We would love to see you there, but if you don't want to drive that far, I understand.
el1t3v1rus  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IWillKickU wrote:
Cyclone wrote:

This week I think so. But honestly, unless you can't find ANYONE to play with ever, 2 hours sounds like a bit much. Keep in mind you'll have to drive home afterwords too, and if you have have to work Friday morning (like me) that can be a royal pain. We would love to see you there, but if you don't want to drive that far, I understand.

Yeah, I was gonna come up, but smoky never answered my calls or nothing, so I don't think hes picking me up. Sucks pretty much for real. Don't know when I'm ever gonna be able to make it .
[ ] 65 FC's
[ ] 70 FC's
[ ] 75 FC's
[ ] 78 FC's
[x] 1st Place
[9.37] 9.4 mil
RockBand Accomps.

MrBrownStain420  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome night, heres 2 battle videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71rr5UYtOoo - Drums

http://www.youtube.com/v/reHfDi9i6EE -Guitar

We have me and JMUPhysicsGuy drum battling, which was freakin awesome. I started off thinking it was going to be a blowout by me, but he caught up and beat me by alot!

We also have Iwillkick you and JMUPhysicsguy doing a guitar battle... it is a little... well, you just have to watch it. This guy is freakin nuts!

Because you ARE a metal God, and not a plastic one.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: MrBrownstain420
IWillKickU  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had a great time last night, even though Smoky stood us up . JMUPhysicsGuy came out and stole the show with his awesomeness skills at Drums AND guitar. The battle video that MrBrown put up is a sightread for both of us, so I was happy to hang as close as I did. After that song, we battled on Green Grass and High Tides, which I got about 150,xxx. Physics got like 375,xxx . Also, the Destroyer Pro pedal made it's public debut, and this thing is freaking insane. If you haven't seen the vid of it in action yet, go check it out.
jmuphysicsguy  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it was a really good time, its a pretty chill place, got a bar right there (of course some people need to learn to remember where their drinks are lol), the setup is ridiculous beautiful picture and great sound

mrbrownstain gave me a run for my money on the drums duels i was biting my nails for most of those songs but somehow managed to squeak out some wins, band play was awesome and there were even some random people who joined in and owned on medium lol, all in all a good time

the destroyer pedal is crazy good and once its finished i wouldnt mind having one for myself, only problem of the night was a bit of a lag issue on guitar but it wasnt too bad and easily fixable, make sure everyone comes out next time (especially you smoky)

physicsdm in #SH IRC

el1t3v1rus  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IWillKickU wrote:
We had a great time last night, even though Smoky stood us up . JMUPhysicsGuy came out and stole the show with his awesomeness skills at Drums AND guitar. The battle video that MrBrown put up is a sightread for both of us, so I was happy to hang as close as I did. After that song, we battled on Green Grass and High Tides, which I got about 150,xxx. Physics got like 375,xxx . Also, the Destroyer Pro pedal made it's public debut, and this thing is freaking insane. If you haven't seen the vid of it in action yet, go check it out.

Yeah smoky stood me up too, 'cause thats how I was supposed to be going. He was going to pick me up and we were gonna come there, then I was having someone pick me up from there. I'll eventually make it out guys, I promise, it might even be next week if I get some extra cash for gas this week.
[ ] 65 FC's
[ ] 70 FC's
[ ] 75 FC's
[ ] 78 FC's
[x] 1st Place
[9.37] 9.4 mil
RockBand Accomps.

IWillKickU  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reminder to everyone in the area. We'll be doing this again tomorrow night. So far the only SHers who are confirmed to be there are me an MrBrownStain, but as always, anyone's welcome. Physics, are going to be there again this week?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: