FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
League Season 9 Signups Closed
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
el1t3v1rus  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

woozerkristen wrote:
FrybreadPower wrote:
Brand new to leagues and I didn't see an answer to my question in the league FAQ.

If i am in multiple leagues, for example Hard drums and one man band, can one performance be used for both leagues, or do I need to perform separately both times?

I'm pretty sure that if the same song comes up for multiple leagues in one week that it's acceptable to count the same score for both. It's supposed to be the best score you can get during that week, but I can't see saying you have to have two separate and different scores for a song during that week.

el1t3v1rus wrote:
Is there no ps2 hard drums league?

Nope. They didn't have enough signups for any of the PS2 leagues, but were nice enough to keep one man band for us, and have since also decided that the PS2 guitar and bass players can be combined with the next gen consoles. Your best bet is to do the one man band.

I would do that except I got tired of guitar and traded my strat and sg in...
[ ] 65 FC's
[ ] 70 FC's
[ ] 75 FC's
[ ] 78 FC's
[x] 1st Place
[9.37] 9.4 mil
RockBand Accomps.
My EL penny mod. Works beyond perfect!

Last edited by el1t3v1rus on 30 Oct 2008 19:55; edited 946,281 times in total
ArcadicGamer  

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
RB (360/PS3) - One-Man Band - Open DifficultySolo league, participants will play all four instruments separately. Players may choose any difficulty they wish for each instrument on each song, though obviously higher difficulties have higher score potentials.

I'm curious if a poll would be made or if week 1 scores would cause a possible divide with this league if enough are interested.

woozerkristen  

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArcadicGamer wrote:
Quote:
RB (360/PS3) - One-Man Band - Open DifficultySolo league, participants will play all four instruments separately. Players may choose any difficulty they wish for each instrument on each song, though obviously higher difficulties have higher score potentials.

I'm curious if a poll would be made or if week 1 scores would cause a possible divide with this league if enough are interested.

I'm pretty sure every league with a decent number of people gets split by ability. But if there's not enough people for more than one decent-sized league (also accounting for people dropping out, which is a ridiculously large percentage of people, usually), it will probably end up staying together. You don't want to end up with like five people in each league division by then end.

Vocalist/Guitarist/Bassist for The PermaRockers | Vocalist/Bassist/Pather for Now-Retired Band Interrobang! | Interrobang! Full Band Vids/Solo Vox Vids on YouTube | Facebook | Twitter | Solo Accomplishments Thread
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: woozerkristen
Deimos  

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We decide whether or not to split a league after the first week, it's dependent on how many people submit scores for Week 1. We've discussed this lately and decided what a "good" league size is, so any league that has at least twice that many people submit will be divided.
ArcadicGamer  

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deimos wrote:
We decide whether or not to split a league after the first week, it's dependent on how many people submit scores for Week 1. We've discussed this lately and decided what a "good" league size is, so any league that has at least twice that many people submit will be divided.

I guess my question is more of a open difficulty splitting one. I'm more tempted to push for all Expert on a one man band if there is only going to be one division, whereas if there is going to be a split between hard/expert and i play 3 songs on expert before the split and end up being totaly outclassed in a expert league for all parts.

I also may misunderstand the open difficulty, and how it would divide. My main concern is that i could play where i'm comfortable playing, and be totally out of the running if no split would occur.

woozerkristen  

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArcadicGamer wrote:
Deimos wrote:

I guess my question is more of a open difficulty splitting one. I'm more tempted to push for all Expert on a one man band if there is only going to be one division, whereas if there is going to be a split between hard/expert and i play 3 songs on expert before the split and end up being totaly outclassed in a expert league for all parts.

I also may misunderstand the open difficulty, and how it would divide. My main concern is that i could play where i'm comfortable playing, and be totally out of the running if no split would occur.

How I was planning to approach this was simply to play the difficulty that would get me the most points for each part. If I'm so-so at a song on expert but can FC it on Hard, it may benefit me points-wise to play it on hard instead. I think it changes by song, and particularly with vocals where you can be awesome at some songs and suck at others, regardless of which tier they are part of.

You should just play the difficulty for each song that will get you the most points, and trust the league mods to split it up fairly. They do a good job with that in my experience.

Vocalist/Guitarist/Bassist for The PermaRockers | Vocalist/Bassist/Pather for Now-Retired Band Interrobang! | Interrobang! Full Band Vids/Solo Vox Vids on YouTube | Facebook | Twitter | Solo Accomplishments Thread
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: woozerkristen
Kawigi  

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

woozerkristen wrote:
ArcadicGamer wrote:
Deimos wrote:

How I was planning to approach this was simply to play the difficulty that would get me the most points for each part. If I'm so-so at a song on expert but can FC it on Hard, it may benefit me points-wise to play it on hard instead. I think it changes by song, and particularly with vocals where you can be awesome at some songs and suck at others, regardless of which tier they are part of.

You should just play the difficulty for each song that will get you the most points, and trust the league mods to split it up fairly. They do a good job with that in my experience.

Change that to "particularly with everything except vocals", and that's what I was thinking :-)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Kawigi
Jagbag2  

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do leagues have to start right in the middle of AP exams? :[
Freak19  

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question -

Will songs be used in the GHIII leagues - guitar that are only unlockable in co-op mode?

I don't have someone to play with so I can't unlock those songs.
Guitartrooper  

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freak19 wrote:
Question -

Will songs be used in the GHIII leagues - guitar that are only unlockable in co-op mode?

I don't have someone to play with so I can't unlock those songs.

You know... theres a cheat to unlock all the songs, even the ones that are co-op only.

Rockin' the strat since Jan. 08
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: ViscoseAndros
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: