FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Interesting find for editing the vocals in the midis.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hamsnibit  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:44 am    Post subject: Interesting find for editing the vocals in the midis. Reply with quote

I have made a lot of custom songs for Karaoke Revolution for the xbox. Someone made a tool called krmaker. You can download it here: http://www.geocities.com/krmxbox/

Anyways, This program has a pretty simple interface to taking midi files and adding lyrics and adjusting noes, etc.. Well, I decided to try this with a Rock Band midi. I extracted Black Hole Sun and tried to open it with the program and it said it was corrupt or something. So I opened the midi in Anvil Studio, deleted all of the track except the vocal track, then click File -> Export Midi-Format 0 file, saved the track and then tried to load it. Voila! It worked. Now the file was editiable and had the notes along with the lyrics.

There program is pretty neat, you load the midi, then load the mp3 or wav file, then you listen to them and just slide the file till they are in sync.

Now, we just need to edit a file, find out how to inject it back in with the rest of the main midi, then save it to add to Rock Band.

I'll try to do what I can when I have time, any help at looking in to this would be appreciated.

I made dozens of custom Karaoke Revolution songs with this, so it would be fun to help make some custom rock band songs. As complex as these things are with 4 tracks, we may have to pool together to finish some songs.
kevnin  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think you will find that there are about a lot of people here that have already charted guitar, bass, and drums for a few (or more) songs but are scared (or too lazy?) to do the vocals.

your services will be requested many, many times.

just warning you. ha
pksage  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting your find, though we knew about it a while back.

Honestly, guitar charting is gonna be the -easiest- part of RB customs for most of us with GH experience. It's hard as hell to listen to a mixed version of a song (without isolated parts) and derive the drum chart, and vocals pitching will take most of us a fair while.

Here's hoping we get a chance to be frustrated at charting soon!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: pksage
cool--ethan  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pksage wrote:
Thanks for posting your find, though we knew about it a while back.

Honestly, guitar charting is gonna be the -easiest- part of RB customs for most of us with GH experience. It's hard as hell to listen to a mixed version of a song (without isolated parts) and derive the drum chart, and vocals pitching will take most of us a fair while.

Here's hoping we get a chance to be frustrated at charting soon!

actually drum charting isn't very difficult, in about a half hour i charted half of System of a Down's Forest. if you slow it down to 85 or 75% you can here the Bass drum perfectly it's sometimes easier than guitar.
and if you play the drums and have experience in transcribing drum charts its relatively easy, especially for me cause i actually play the drums in real life.

and in that KRmaker program its really nice and it samples the pitches for you when you select a note so its really easy and with google you can find the lyrics with a simple search "name of song lyrics"
so you just match the pitches and you have a song.

but im gonna guess that vocal charts will be poorly done and that most will only chart drum and guitar. and very few with bass.
[x] come up with a realistic goal
[x] Beat Guitar Hero III before the official release on Sunday october 28th
hamsnibit  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm, guess I should have used the search huh? Anyways, How can I inject this midi back into the original Rock Band midi? I already have a ton of custom Karaoke Revolution songs which are already in sync with the song. Now all I need to do it ifgure out how to inject it back and get someone to chart the other instruments. Anyone got any ideas on how to do this?
cool--ethan  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hamsnibit wrote:
hmm, guess I should have used the search huh? Anyways, How can I inject this midi back into the original Rock Band midi? I already have a ton of custom Karaoke Revolution songs which are already in sync with the song. Now all I need to do it ifgure out how to inject it back and get someone to chart the other instruments. Anyone got any ideas on how to do this?

you open it up in Anvil Studios then just copy and paste.
or create another track then copy the custom vocal track and paste in the new track, then delete the old track and rename the new one to match what the original did.
truK  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hamsnibit wrote:

Yes and Yes......Just open up your custom song midi and your new custom vocal midi in your favorite midi editor, and add your new track to the song midi (cut & paste, add track, whatever) and name it PART VOCALS.... Its easy enough once youve played around with a few MIDIs in FL studio or Anvil. If you need like really detailed instructions, Lemme now and Ill post up...I HAVE NOT TESTED THIS INGAME THOUGH...but it should work....

Edit- Damn you ETHAN ....jk
Nirvana Fukking RULEZ! The problem is that they put all of the band's "pointless" songs on the radio, played them to DEATH and forever tarnished the reputation of a Profound poet, who saw meaning in the things that we ignore or take for granted......

CLICK THE DAMN BANNER!!!
cool--ethan  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

truK wrote:
hamsnibit wrote:

Yes and Yes......Just open up your custom song midi and your new custom vocal midi in your favorite midi editor, and add your new track to the song midi (cut & paste, add track, whatever) and name it PART VOCALS.... Its easy enough once youve played around with a few MIDIs in FL studio or Anvil. If you need like really detailed instructions, Lemme now and Ill post up...I HAVE NOT TESTED THIS INGAME THOUGH...but it should work....

Edit- Damn you ETHAN ....jk

Did i just ninja?
I've never ninja'd in my life lol
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: