FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Custom DLC, Method Brainstorm

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cool--ethan  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:49 am    Post subject: Custom DLC, Method Brainstorm Reply with quote

Okay i think i know exactly what i need to do for custom DLC on Rock Band (Xbox 360)
there are two ways i could do this 1 is difficult if you don't know what your doing and the other is near impossible for the average person.

Method 1:
Feb OXM DLC pack has a signature of a lot of zero's in a row and isn't bound to any specific Profile.
would require a lot of hex editing, wxPirs, ability to extract/replace files on the 360 HDD, Knowing of file formats RB uses, and a little tech know how.

Method 2:
can use any DLC pack.
requires absolutely no resigning of DLC.
would need: an xbox360 with vulnerable Kernel, an xbox360 flash dump, CPU 1BL XEX1/2 and a couple other keys from the flash dump, editing of Kernel and Hypervisor to disable certain media checks, modified Drive firmware, King Kong game etc.

so if Method 1 doesn't work than that only leaves Method 2
* need to know a great amount of how the Xbox works to even attempt Method 2.
[x] come up with a realistic goal
[x] Beat Guitar Hero III before the official release on Sunday october 28th
Sailyn  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So to get this straight, you're suggesting a type of Search and Replace from the files on the OXM disc?
cool--ethan  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sailyn wrote:
So to get this straight, you're suggesting a type of Search and Replace from the files on the OXM disc?

okay on the OXM disc there is Rock Band DLC, you need to rip that DLC from the disc with any method you please (wxRipper, XBC, Schrotom) just get the DLC off the disc,
then you extract the files from the DLC and edit them. after that you inject them back in with a hex editor.
laconic  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard that someone just copied the files off the disc to thier PC, then from PC to xbox 360 hard drive. Rock band then picked them up fine. If this is true you wouldn't need to put them back on a disc, unless you have no way to access the hard drive directly.
cool--ethan  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

laconic wrote:
I've heard that someone just copied the files off the disc to thier PC, then from PC to xbox 360 hard drive. Rock band then picked them up fine. If this is true you wouldn't need to put them back on a disc, unless you have no way to access the hard drive directly.

there is no putting back on the disc, you have to put these straight onto the HDD. And yes OXM DLC will work on any Xbox doesn't matter whose Xbox or what region it is, they will work.

it is because they aren't Profile locked and they have a blank signature (all 0's)
unless someone finds a way to make the OXM disc install the DLC, then putting them directly on the HDD is the way to go.
pksage  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was under the impression that we could already get custom DLC onto the HDD by editing the OXM songs, we just hadn't cracked the MOGG yet.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: pksage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: