FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
DLC on PAL PS3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rouda  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:16 pm    Post subject: DLC on PAL PS3 Reply with quote

I was just wondering. Is there any method to get the american dlc packs for rock band if you have a PAL PS3 with a copy of rock band that is imported from the United States?
samqwe  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A friend of mine has a PS3 and he told me that there is already DLC for Rock Band, but someone has to confirm that.

I live in Germany
Rouda  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have read that you just have to make an account on the US PS store, and then you can buy the dlc. But some people say it requires a american credit card, and some say it works fine with a european visa card.

Anyone who can tell me exactly what to belive and maybe confirm if it works to buy dlc on the US PS store?

And how do you acctually make an account on the US PS store when you have a PAL PS3 console?
Sungam  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I'm on a PAL PS3 and have all the DLC.
Simply create a new PS3 user account. You get to have on PSN account per user account, so just create a new one and claim that you live somewhere in the US - I think the only part of the address that it does any checking on is the ZIP code and state (10001 New York is an easy one to remember).

I've heard some people had problems with getting their credit cards to work. My VISA worked with no problems, despite the billing address being wrong (correct street address, but in the wrong country - it doesn't let you change it from US).
revert  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The above post is correct, make sure you only add at most $5 to the wallet at a time - this is the most you can add without your address being checked against the one on the card.
Rouda  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can't you just pay with your visa card? or do you have to use entropay?
I thought maybe it worked with normal visa but maybe not with visa electron
Sungam  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've added $50 at a time on several occassions with no problems.
I've just used my VISA every time. I'm not even sure what Entropay is. My VISA card is a special local thing (VISA/Dankort, international VISA and Danish debit card rolled into one), but I see no reason why any other VISA wouldn't work.
landofanarchy  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had real problems with this after lots of tries I got my ps3 to stop saying credit card information incorrect and started getting it to say credit card information can not update try again in a few minutes. Any help much appreciated
Slim  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I imported RB and can download DLC easily. Just follow the steps in the above post to create a US PS3 network account (use google maps to find a street address if you need it). Then if your own european credit card won't work just sign up for an entropay account like I did. www.entropay.com and use the card details on that to buy the DLC. ENter the card name as entropay user and away you go. Any questions PM me.
metalfenix  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

entropay worked for me. I'm from southamerica, and even though I can use my Visa to buy online (Amazon, etc....) the PSN didn't accept my card...I even tested with two other cards, my other Visa and Mastercard, and nothing worked....but with entropay I finally managed to buy from the PSN.

And yes, if you have an US copy of Rock band and a US account to purchase it ,you can play DLC even if you have a PAL PS3, I know some people of other forums that did that. Even though I can't assure you that future DLC on the EU store (well, if RB gets released someday there...) will work on your copy.

DLC: 40 songs
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: