FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Extracting MP3 files off of Rock Band Game (for PS2)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CliffBurton  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:36 pm    Post subject: Extracting MP3 files off of Rock Band Game (for PS2) Reply with quote

Well, I need to get the Rock Band copy of "I'm So Sick" and I can't find it anywhere. Is there a possible way that I can extract the MP3 from the Rock Band CD itself?

Thanks,
CliffBurton

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off, it's a DVD and secondly, sorry, no. We don't know the audio format yet, otherwise we'd have customs. When we do customs, come back looking. I'd like some songs from it too. Sorry.
CliffBurton  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kdb424 wrote:
First off, it's a DVD and secondly, sorry, no. We don't know the audio format yet, otherwise we'd have customs. When we do customs, come back looking. I'd like some songs from it too. Sorry.

That sucks, dude. We got to get some really good hacker to find out.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:00 am    Post subject: Re: Extracting MP3 files off of Rock Band Game (for PS2) Reply with quote

CliffBurton wrote:
Well, I need to get the Rock Band copy of "I'm So Sick" and I can't find it anywhere. Is there a possible way that I can extract the MP3 from the Rock Band CD itself?

Thanks,
CliffBurton

Is there any difference/significant difference between the CD version and the ingame version? I haven't noticed any, and I have the CD. If you wanted to, just torrent/p2p the cd version if that's what your after.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:13 am    Post subject: Re: Extracting MP3 files off of Rock Band Game (for PS2) Reply with quote

TheDynasty2430 wrote:
CliffBurton wrote:

Thanks,
CliffBurton

Is there any difference/significant difference between the CD version and the ingame version? I haven't noticed any, and I have the CD. If you wanted to, just torrent/p2p the cd version if that's what your after.

My guess is that he's using Limewire and keeps getting the demo version which is why he wants the album version like in RB.
http://www.youtube.com/user/ignthespike1
Kane40  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As stated in this topic, once you demux the pss file, you get a .m2v and a .dat file. And the dat file is probably a vgs file, but as there are more channels than a regular GH vgs, someone has to write a new program to extract the channels.

Once it's done, you can get the songs.

< barely, but yay \o/
S8BB-1 League 14th season/p-o semi-finalist
My Acc. Thread / My RB DLC / / GH3H SP sheet ? / Band Acc / X guitar ESL2 : December 10, 2008
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Kane40Be
CliffBurton  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:03 am    Post subject: Re: Extracting MP3 files off of Rock Band Game (for PS2) Reply with quote

thespike wrote:

My guess is that he's using Limewire and keeps getting the demo version which is why he wants the album version like in RB.

You just read my mind.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: