FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Any PC software that will work with 360 Stratocaster?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DjPiLL  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:47 pm    Post subject: Any PC software that will work with 360 Stratocaster? Reply with quote

Are there any programs/games out there I can download that will work with the 360 guitar for Rock Band?

I know DTXmania works for drums I think. I am mainly a drummer but I have a couple of hours every day to kill between jobs and I would like to take this time to learn how to play the guitar on my laptop. Then when I guess I start to get "decent" ill start playing the guitar in Rock Band. Right now I prefer to stick to drums when I am home (currently stuck on the last 5 songs on hard difficulty )

Can you guys recommend something to get a guitar newb started? Thanks in advance.
kdb424  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guitar hero 3, or frets on fire.
ajanata  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, no, GH3/PC doesn't work directly with the Strat, and I've found it to be not worth the effort of setting up a helper program to remap it to keyboard keys.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unsigned supports all of the 360 instruments natively.
It still has some bugs and lag issues, but the community's song list is rapidly growing. Check out the forums from the link in my sig

Developer of Unsigned
Unsigned Forums

[X] Get Unsigned up
[_] Get Unsigned online
[_] Get Unsigned Vocals working
[_] Sleep
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: FortisVenater
kdb424  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ajanata wrote:
Actually, no, GH3/PC doesn't work directly with the Strat, and I've found it to be not worth the effort of setting up a helper program to remap it to keyboard keys.

What are you talking about. Setup is AMAZINGLY easy, and that's the only guitar that I use, and I don't own a console.
Teancum  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kdb424 wrote:
ajanata wrote:

What are you talking about. Setup is AMAZINGLY easy, and that's the only guitar that I use, and I don't own a console.

Agreed. It was incredibly simple.
kdb424  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YAY Thanks. Glad that someone else liked it.
Kawigi  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kdb424 wrote:
ajanata wrote:

Wait, why/how do you have a strat if you don't own a console?
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Kawigi
kdb424  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trade with a person, and I use it with Fretbuzz software (thanks Owen) to play it as a real instrument, and also to play GH3.
Jadael  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frets on Fire works with the 360 Strat fine, as well as the 360 Xplorer, with no tweaking or anything. Just go into the menu and bind the keys.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: Jadael
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: