FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Fortnite Festival Paths

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Festival
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheLonging  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:16 pm    Post subject: Fortnite Festival Paths Reply with quote

I wanted to create a thread for paths, because I couldn't really find a consistent resource elsewhere on the internet. I don't know if more than one thread will be needed, or how unwieldy this thread will get with paths given the number of songs + number of instruments. I will put any and all future resources in the OP, and update it as frequently as needed. That said, ScoreHero's not as active as the old days, so I'll probably check in at least once a day at most unless the forums undergo a massive activity boost.

ThunderShade has created a useful resource for pathing, so to quote them directly:

ThunderShade wrote:
A few years ago I made a pathing program for Clone Hero. I've adapted it for Fortnite Festival and been putting the paths up here a la SlowHero or APathTooFar. Page could do with some cleaning up but I've not found the time or motivation to do so.

Update schedule has been a bit sporadic. The goal is to not put up songs earlier than a week before they get released, and do an update every week or two.

I don't actually play Fortnite Festival so I'm not in the loop on many changes. In particular, this does not have glitch paths nor have I gone and updated songs that had chart changes after Season 1. Engine details are a guess from familiarity with Rock Band and looking at some videos for scoring details. Happy to be corrected!

The ideal formatting should be the same as always, with the individual notes from leftmost to rightmost notes corresponding to the old system of out of historical ease of convenience and readability, assuming default mapping. The following is taken from xGaberadex's Rock Band 3 ~ Standard Keys Paths thread, modified by me for Festival:

xGaberadex wrote:
~Path Formatting~

Song title (Instrument) ~ Path Author (Season #)
# of OD phrases before activation (+How much additional OD is absorbed during that time if there's any) - What note to activate on (helpful information about the activation; for example, if it's a li)
Repeat as much as needed...

~Path Formatting Example~

Code:
[color=green][b]Winterfest Wish[/b][/color] [color=blue][b](Vocals)[/b][/color]
1 - 1st Green
3 - 5th Green Orange chord
4 (+1) - 9th Yellow (5th Yellow Lift)

Winterfest Wish (Vocals) ~ Matt (Season 2)
1 - 1st Green
3 - 5th GO
4 (+1) - 9th Yellow (5th Yellow Lift)

You don't need to use exact formatting or even copypasting the template as long as the formatting is recognizable; this is how I'll display paths in the OP. You can use the emoticons or shorten colors (so G or for Green); this especially helps with chords.

Charts are known to change between seasons and will continue to be updated. Therefore, it would help me if you list what season the path is for, but it's not required, as I'll add it into the OP anyway. If a chart updates, I will not delete the old path because I want as little information to be lost to time as possible even if it's no longer applicable. I believe even old optimal paths for charts that have been updated are of historical value.

There is currently an Overdrive glitch in the game that allows you to score more than you should be allowed to. This affects pathing, and future glitches may also affect pathing. I will delete and replace the following advice if ScoreHero staff take a hardline against this information being shared, but I think having this information about glitch paths is very historically useful information. However, as per JCirri:

JCirri wrote:
With regard to potential bugs existing in the game I would not look to intentionally exploit them, and if we believe that's the case we'll have discretion to remove scores as always.

As situations come up with charts and/or engine behavior getting revised, we'll make decisions case-by-case on how to handle them based on the potential impact to existing scores/leaderboards.

I wouldn't expect we'd wipe or remove scores in a widespread manner unless specific cases warrant it (i.e. charts being played are no longer reasonably comparable, top scores aren't achievable, etc.), and would consider what seems appropriate in each case.

Therefore, if you wish to share a glitch path, you must clearly state that it's a glitch path; it will not be listed in the OP to not promote usage of glitch paths; and you must not submit scores obtained using glitch paths to ScoreHero.

NavyCherub wrote:
AshleyWilis wrote:
hi for me Its something different...
It seems like Full sound full combo...
I mean It show passion and determination for my guitar
Smoke weed erryday.

Last edited by TheLonging on Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
ThunderShade  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few years ago I made a pathing program for Clone Hero. I've adapted it for Fortnite Festival and been putting the paths up here a la SlowHero or APathTooFar. Page could do with some cleaning up but I've not found the time or motivation to do so.

Update schedule has been a bit sporadic. The goal is to not put up songs earlier than a week before they get released, and do an update every week or two.

I don't actually play Fortnite Festival so I'm not in the loop on many changes. In particular, this does not have glitch paths nor have I gone and updated songs that had chart changes after Season 1. Engine details are a guess from familiarity with Rock Band and looking at some videos for scoring details. Happy to be corrected!

TheLonging  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! This is still a useful resource all the same, so I added you to the OP! I'll go through as many of these as I can stand later today (glad we still don't have a restart function...) and see what works, what needs changing, etc..

NavyCherub wrote:
AshleyWilis wrote:
hi for me Its something different...
It seems like Full sound full combo...
I mean It show passion and determination for my guitar
Smoke weed erryday.
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThunderShade wrote:

jesus, that's wild. thanks for that !
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Festival All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: