FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
4/27 DLC: Yonaka and Of Monsters & Men!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 6:07 pm    Post subject: 4/27 DLC: Yonaka and Of Monsters & Men! Reply with quote

OMAM_4_27_DLC_twitter_adsfg.png
Harmonix wrote:
Of Monsters And MenMountain Sound served as the second single from the Icelandic folk-rock groups debut album, My Head Is An Animal, reaching number 14 on the U.S. Hot Rock & Alternative Songs chart on the strength of the earnest, touching tunes many charms. Musically, the track comes barreling out of the gate with full-band potency, jangly guitars supporting a playful and sparse keyboard figure. Bassist Kristjan Pall Kristjanssons confident bass locks into drummer Arnar Rosenkranz Hilmarssons up-tempo pocket, keeping the proceedings moving along at a healthy clip. Singer/guitarist Ragnar Raggi Porhallssons soothing and haunting voice completes the picture at the 18-second mark as the verses establish tone and mood. The memorably impactful chorus is defined in part by a sort of call-and-response between lead singer and vocalist Nanna Bryndis Hilmarsdottirs soaring upper register and full-band gang vocals. Hilmarsdottir does a lot of the heavy lifting in that former component, adding a welcome feminine contrast that balances the overall sonic presentation. This is power-pop/folk-rock (Thats a thing, right? It is now) at its finest, conjuring up images of outdoor celebrations and conviviality. At 2:03, Of Monsters And Men brings the energy down a bit just the keyboard line over a spartan kick-snare/handclaps beat before its back to the races, with a double-dose revisit of the relentlessly hooky refrain. The outro vamps on the chorus melody and key lyrics before fading out at a fairly compact three minutes, 31 seconds. Think anthemic arena rock channeled through intimate acoustic aesthetics and youre on the right path. Mountain Sound truly is aptly named a journey through the wild beauty of nature. Youll be playing this one a lot.

With PANIC, the first single off YONAKAs 2023 LP, Welcome To My House, the Brighton, UK-based three-piece displays an energy thats every bit as all-caps as the songs stylized title. As the track starts, palm-muted guitar and pulsing bass reverberate through unpredictable beat-craft as frontwoman Theresa Jarvis sings both at and for the listener in a manner thats both intimate and just a tiny bit threatening. Piano bolsters the potency nicely before the magnetic and massive chorus at the 39-second mark. The refrains scathing lyrics and indeed the whole songs alternate between confident defiance and self-recrimination. Beginning with the reliable device of spelling out a songs chorus or main theme (P-A-N-I-C), each stanza is rounded out with a low-register, spoken retort, of sorts. Though drums join for the second verse, George Edwards on guitar and Alex Crosby on bass and keyboards exhibit judicious restraint throughout the cut; their relatively minimal instrumentation and arrangement cedes the spotlight to deeply personal lyrics delving into some weighty topics but not without a degree of humor. PANIC is a song about having a panic attack and how the body gets taken over by this other entity, Jarvis has shared. Ive got the angel and the devil on my shoulders constantly arguing about which road I should go down and how mental health carries a weight so heavy that its hard to feel affected by outside dangers. She added, But I want you to feel the lightness of the track and I want it to make you laugh because Im literally having an argument with myself. We get a middle-eight defined by soaring whoahs at 1:57 before its time for one last go-through with the arena-ready, holler-along refrain. These alt-rockers bring a lot to the table, which has made them one of the faster-rising international ensembles in recent years. Dont PANIC you can grab this banger today!

Available now on Xbox One, Xbox Series X, PS4, and PS5:

RIVALS SEASON 31 SEASON PASS - ($24.99/$24.99)
Entitles purchaser to all 17 songs released between now and June 7th!!)

• Mountain Sound by Of Monsters And Men ($1.99/$1.99)

• Panic by Yonaka ($1.99/$1.99)

Couldn't fetch PSN store links due to web store down at time of publishing.

(Most tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation systems approximately 3 days after listed date)

** Dates for Rock Band game tracks are tentative and subject to change. **

Note: As of this post, above tracks marked with are available for the Xbox One/Xbox Series X and tracks marked with are available for PlayStation 4/PlayStation 5; these tracks are not compatible with Playstation 3, Xbox 360, or Nintendo Wii.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: