FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
2/16 DLC: Jack Johnson and Nicki Minaj!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2023 2:54 pm    Post subject: 2/16 DLC: Jack Johnson and Nicki Minaj! Reply with quote

JackJohnson_2_16_DLC_Twitter.png
Harmonix wrote:
The first track from 2005s In Between Dreams, Jack Johnsons Better Together served as assertive confirmation that the singer-songwriters first two popular albums were no fluke. Its a gorgeous, heartwarming acoustic track that gives off major campfire sing-along vibes. Sparseness and succinct delivery is the order of the day here, with Better Together comprised primarily of Johnsons distinctively intimate voice and acoustic guitar. This cozy formula is an equation hes largely stuck with, particularly in his early career and to great success, as hes become a favorite of countless fans. But thats not to say the triumph of this cut is shouldered by Johnson alone. At the 43 second mark, drummer Adam Topol joins with a gentle beat, punctuated by expert use of ride cymbal, along with an elegant bass line courtesy of Marlo Podlewski, and at 1:01 some timid piano plinking rounds out the sonic picture. At 3:04, a delicately ascending/descending modal guitar lead mirrors Better Togethers instrumental intro and also brings us to the song's tender conclusion less than 25 seconds later. Ultimately, the recording delivers a universal truth: all situations are improved when youre with the ones you love. It was really just a song that I wrote for my wife, Johnson shared when the single was first released. The love songs always start out for her, but then I try to make them pretty broad, so they're for everybody by the end." Years later, reflecting on Better Togethers expansive and enduring appeal, he said, "People have used it during their wedding day, or people have told me they had my playlist on when their baby came into the world and things like that, which is really important. That's a beautiful moment." Indeed, while the song fared quite well in the moment, eventually being certified gold (sales in excess of 500,000 units), the expiration date for Better Together has yet to be determined and it has become one of if not the defining works of Johnsons catalog. It should come as no surprise, given that the Hawaii-natives first love was surfing, that Better Together conjures imagery of riding placid waves in the warm summer sea, and the overall effect achieved is one of peace and contentment. This one will put you in an excellent headspace and hey, play along with a friend or two! As a wise man once observed, Its always better when were together.

Audacious, bold, nasty, assertive, empowering, nostalgia-bait, irreverent folks had plenty of ways to describe Nicki Minajs Super Freaky Girl when the single dropped in the summer of 2022. The track employs a formula Minaj has successfully mined with beats and bars to spare. Starting with a largely a cappella sample of Rick James 1981 classic Super Freak (fun fact: one of the most sampled songs of all time, with at least 37 releases from major artists leaning heavily into the track), at 10 seconds in, the production gets bigger and the rhythm gets more insistent as Minaj makes her entry in bold fashion with lyrics that are distinguishing qualities of Minaj..Super Freaky Girl is helmed by one of the most skilled rappers of all time and, as usual, Nicki Minaj delivers. Fans agreed, with the cut debuting at number one on the U.S. Hot 100 and becoming the biggest ever Spotify debut for a solo female rap song. As for the haters who balked at the cheeky lyrical content and risque performance, Minaj laughed off such criticism, saying in the fall of 22, I didnt approach it in a sexual way; I approached it in a fun way... People might not get this from me, but I was never trying to be sexy, I always was laughing. I think that I can look sexy, but I dont think of myself as a person that is you know how some women walk into the room and theyre just like, Ooh. Im not like that. On top of the confidently sneering and boastful rhymes, Super Freaky Girl benefits from a driving, pulsing bass-heavy beat and unrelenting percussion and, of course, that classic Rick James funk. Get ready to have fun diving into this playful smash hit!

Available now on Xbox One, Xbox Series X, PS4, and PS5:

(Most tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation systems approximately 3 days after listed date)

** Dates for Rock Band game tracks are tentative and subject to change. **

Note: As of this post, above tracks marked with are available for the Xbox One/Xbox Series X and tracks marked with are available for PlayStation 4/PlayStation 5; these tracks are not compatible with Playstation 3, Xbox 360, or Nintendo Wii.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: