FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
1/12 DLC: Maine/TBS/Charlotte Sands Collab & Papa Roach!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 4:31 pm    Post subject: 1/12 DLC: Maine/TBS/Charlotte Sands Collab & Papa Roach! Reply with quote

TheMaine_1_12_DLC_twitter.png
Harmonix wrote:
This collaborative single from The Maine w/ Taking Back Sunday and Charlotte Sands released in January of 2022 is brimming with heart-wrenching lyrics and an appealingly and somewhat incongruously upbeat vibe. The Maine proudly self-identifies as an Arizona Emo Group (also coining the slogan Make America Emo Again, which created buzz during the 2016 Presidential election cycle) and Loved You A Little plants its flag firmly in that genre from the very first notes. Those first notes are Sands haunting delivery of what eventually reveals itself to be the chorus over an unadorned, chiming guitar line. This sparse intro quickly segues into plenty of The Maines John OCallaghan trading sing-along vocals with Adam Lazzara and Sands over an urgent drumbeat and chugging guitar before, at the 1:32 mark, we get the real, full-power refrain and wow, what a moment that is! Bombastic, irresistibly melodic, and commanding: get ready to have this one stuck in your subconscious for a while. Written by The Maine, one of the most consistently solid rock outfits since their breakout in 2008, Loved You A Little is an instant anthem that plumbs depths of emotional despair with precision and grace amidst slashing six-string riffage, massive drums, and (first and foremost) vocals, vocals, vocals! This song is for anyone feeling like they wasted their time on a feeling, noted The Maines John OCallaghan upon the songs release. Adam and Charlotte both gave that sentiment more energy than I could have ever imagined and now we get to share it all with you. Truly, the vocal trio complements one another effortlessly and the blend results in a multi-layered track that oozes profundity, gravity, and raw power. Loved You A Little is an undeniable scorcher deserving of repeat listens and repeat plays!

From Papa Roachs 2022 album, Ego Trip, No Apologies finds the ever-evolving California-based quartet delivering their signature brand of earnest, catchy hard rock, but with an even greasier emotional depth. The genesis of the track and the entire album, itself can be traced back to when the group entered a COVID-secure mansion in Temeluca, California in the summer of 2020 to keep creatively active in a world that had shut down. The unavoidably fraught nature of that time period is reflected in the deeply raw lyrical content and expressive musical performances on No Apologies, a track about compassion and acceptance. Frontman Jacoby Shaddix, who wrote the song with bassist Tobin Esperance and touring rhythm guitarist/keyboardist Anthony Esperance and producers Colin Brittain and Nicholas RAS Furlong, has explained, "I just know that when I hold those resentments and that anger inside, it's a weight that just drags me down. I wrote these lyrics to serve as a letter to my biological father. I forgive you, old man. I love you." Shaddixs clean, crisp vocal delivery is front-and-center from the very first second of No Apologies, supported by satisfyingly buzzy guitars, a throbbing bass line, and snappy drums. Papa Roach once again directs lifes conflicts into an infectiously melodic expression of release and inspiration an enduring asset which has seen the band outlast many of its peers and which led this cut to the top of the Mainstream Rock Airplay charts in the fall of 2022, the four-pieces eighth track to do so. Disarmingly honest in concept and delivery, teeming with brooding lyrics and six-string prowess, No Apologies powers through with the effort of purpose until the recordings abrupt ending at the 3:08 mark. Grab your studded belt out of the closet, spike up your hair, and get ready for the rock (and all the feels)!

No Apologies propelled Papa Roachs eleventh studio album, Ego Trip, to the upper reaches of the Hard Rock charts in 2022 and it takes only one listen to grasp why. Potent guitars, a thunderous rhythm section, and a passionate vocal delivery of achingly poignant lyrics make this one an instant favorite. If youve been digging on No Apologies, youll definitely wanna be heading over to Spotify to take the deep plunge into Papa Roachs extensive catalog of hard rock excellence: https://open.spotify.com/artist/4RddZ3iHvSpGV4dvATac9X

Available now on Xbox One, Xbox Series X, PS4, and PS5:

• Loved You A Little by The Maine, Taking Back Sunday, and Charlotte Sands ($1.99/$1.99)

• No Apologies by Papa Roach ($1.99/$1.99)

(Most tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation systems approximately 3 days after listed date)

** Dates for Rock Band game tracks are tentative and subject to change. **

Note: As of this post, above tracks marked with are available for the Xbox One/Xbox Series X and tracks marked with are available for PlayStation 4/PlayStation 5; these tracks are not compatible with Playstation 3, Xbox 360, or Nintendo Wii.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: