FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Not able to edit Wiki user profile page

View previous topic :: View next topic  
HarvHouHacker  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:10 am    Post subject: Not able to edit Wiki user profile page Reply with quote

I logged in to the Rock Band ScoreHero Wiki, but I can't seem to add a descriptive page about myself. I keep getting a "403 Forbidden:
You do not have permission to access this document." error. Am I not allowed to edit my own wiki page, or is this a bug? Is it possible that the wiki is so deprecated that no one can do anything there?
HarvHouHacker  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously?!? I can't use equals signs! This is why I wasn't able to edit my page. This should be fixed.
HarvHouHacker  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:28 am    Post subject: Inactive, much? Reply with quote

Seeing as it's been nearly a month with no responses, I'll post another idea I just got: Use Wikimedia. Shouldn't be too hard to port over the existing wiki material, and it could even be updated with some of the homebrew we've been using on C3 and other stuff for Rock Band, specifically. It would be a great way to promote some of these great developers' tools.

In fact, I have two who have contributed to RBC. They go by Larsenv and DarkMatterCore on GBAtemp and Discord. Their WAD2BIN program could be mentioned in the wiki.

Wikimedia would be better than the largely outdated wiki that Rock Band ScoreHero is currently using. Anyone agree?
JCirri  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The current wiki has some heavy integrations which allow features such as OD Paths to be managed, and that wiki was selected at the time for its flexibility, so it would be difficult to port to another platform at this time without a large time investment and sacrificing custom features.

I don't think equal signs are specifically being blocked, but there are some application-level firewall rules in place for security and it's likely triggering one of those. If you give a specific example edit that's being blocked which I can reproduce, then I can investigate further.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JCirri wrote:
The current wiki has some heavy integrations which allow features such as OD Paths to be managed, and that wiki was selected at the time for its flexibility, so it would be difficult to port to another platform at this time without a large time investment and sacrificing custom features.

Understood. However, the wiki has since been abandoned by the developer, at least two years ago.

JCirri wrote:
I don't think equal signs are specifically being blocked, but there are some application-level firewall rules in place for security and it's likely triggering one of those. If you give a specific example edit that's being blocked which I can reproduce, then I can investigate further.

It's only in relation to HTTP links. Trying to post a link in the wiki that has certain characters in it is what is causing the issue.

EDIT: Looks like the double apostrophe issue is fixed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Bug Reports All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: