FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
PSA: Online Leaderboard Total Wipe With January Update!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:02 pm    Post subject: PSA: Online Leaderboard Total Wipe With January Update! Reply with quote

http://www.harmonixmusic.com/blog/january-update-blog/

Harmonix Blog wrote:
JANUARY UPDATE PREVIEW: SCORE INTEGRITY & LEADERBOARD FIXES
Hey everyone

The Rock Band dev team is currently hard at work on our January update, which will include more exciting clothing assets for your characters, an enhancement to one of our game modes that we think youll love, and, most significantly, some big changes to our codebase that dramatically improve the integrity and stability of leaderboard scores.

Rock Band 4 shipped with a handful of gnarly bugs, including an issue where experienced drummers can double-deploy overdrive by hitting the green Overdrive gems at the end of dynamic drum fills. But with your help, weve identified (and are fixing) potential score exploits that compromise the integrity of our leaderboards.

So heres what were going to do about it: First, were going to fix the exploits (of course). Second and this is the most important detail we have to wipe all of the leaderboard scores for all songs. Why? Because were making improvements that affect almost every song, instrument, and difficulty in the game. Finally, Step Three involves an adjustment to our code that will allow us, in the future, to address song-specific bugs and issue targeted leaderboard wipes. Well also be rolling out some score fidelity fixes to individual songs. These individual fixes will continue through the spring.

We know that many of you have worked hard to climb the leaderboards, and that wiping your scores sucks. That said, these changes will ensure that in the future, you wont be unseated from the top spot by someone using an exploit. And if we do discover an issue down the road, we can address it much more quickly and easily.

We also want to make sure were absolutely clear that were only wiping the high scores youve posted to leaderboards. Those of you who are racking up Full Combos wont lose that data on your local saves. Youll also hold on to the song plays stat visible on the Player Stats screen. As far as your song library goes, itll continue to display the accuracy and star count for your highest-scoring performances to date. These stats will be replaced the first time you re-play each song after the update goes live.

In other news, when the January update goes live, all scores you earn on songs in Play a Show mode will post to leaderboards, just like Quickplay scores! We know a lot of you have been citing this as the main reason youve been shying away from the new mode. Play a Show gets players closer than ever to the experience of live concert performance, and in January, youll have one more reason to jump in and vote on songs, field audience requests, and soak up the glory of an epic encore. (PS, this mode is great for parties).

Oh, and next month, following on the success of our partnership with Bethesda and the Fallout 4 Vault Suit we added to the Rock Shop, were teaming up with another amazing studio for a set of tie-in clothing assets that were pretty sure youll be psyched about.

(If you have any questions, be sure to check our our FAQ on the Rock Band Forums).

Regards, Matt Derby, Lead Designer & Helen McWilliams, Creative Lead Rock Band 4 Ongoing Features Team

inv4der  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:11 pm    Post subject: Re: PSA: Online Leaderboard Total Wipe With January Update! Reply with quote

Harmonix Blog wrote:
In other news, when the January update goes live, all scores you earn on songs in Play a Show mode will post to leaderboards, just like Quickplay scores! We know a lot of you have been citing this as the main reason youve been shying away from the new mode. Play a Show gets players closer than ever to the experience of live concert performance, and in January, youll have one more reason to jump in and vote on songs, field audience requests, and soak up the glory of an epic encore. (PS, this mode is great for parties).

So what will Scorehero be doing about this change?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The drums leaderboard reset was expected, but all instruments? I haven't heard anything about the other instruments being broken. The update almost sounds like they have no choice but to wipe all leaderboards for all instruments, which would a huge oversight on Harmonix's part.

<-------NEWEST
I am a 'Debbie Downer.'
malkieriking  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know for a fact (partly because I have multiple broken scores myself) that band play can lead to glitched individual scores. Off the top of my head, I know that there are multiple people with over 100k on Centuries guitar (which probably maxes at not much over 80k), and I'm like 30k over the top real score on Somebody Told Me. It's not just drums that have problems.

zage1337, in my accomplishments thread wrote:
Ever since I started Blitz I played the silver ball
From Thrasher down to One Vision, I've must've played them all
but you aint seen nothing like him in any song at all
that malkieriking SURE PLAYS A MEAN PINBALL
FyreWulff  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

doobers wrote:
The drums leaderboard reset was expected, but all instruments? I haven't heard anything about the other instruments being broken. The update almost sounds like they have no choice but to wipe all leaderboards for all instruments, which would a huge oversight on Harmonix's part.

All instruments had a glitch that allowed increased scores. The wipe and the patch will also let them make song-specific (and maybe even player specific?) wipes later on. Basically they're doing something that sucks now now in trade for not having to make it worse later.
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:42 pm    Post subject: Re: PSA: Online Leaderboard Total Wipe With January Update! Reply with quote

inv4der wrote:
Harmonix Blog wrote:

When overdrive and multipliers no longer carryover, tour and show mode scores would then be allowed.
inv4der  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:40 pm    Post subject: Re: PSA: Online Leaderboard Total Wipe With January Update! Reply with quote

singemfrc wrote:
inv4der wrote:
Harmonix Blog wrote:

When overdrive and multipliers no longer carryover, tour and show mode scores would then be allowed.

Even though HMX will be allowing them on the leaderboards themselves?

I'm not disputing the decision since I agree, the RNG of what songs come in what order makes it impossible to consistently get the song you want to start with full OD and 4x. Would be quite the hassle to work on scores that way. Just figured I'd reiterate the question so the answer is perfectly clear.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

p sure they said on the twitter web zone that they were deactivating overdrive & streak carryover

although now that I look I can't seem to find the tweet

Twitter | Trollbean | RateYourMusic | Hummingbird
Accomplishments:
RB (Latest: 25 or 6 to 4)
GHL (Latest: GHL FGFC)

Greatest canine ever to play the plastic guitar
FyreWulff  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been confirmed streak and OD carryover is gone.

Also, you will no longer be able to enable/disable Freestyle Guitar Solos mid-song
Fedora  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FyreWulff wrote:

Also, you will no longer be able to enable/disable Freestyle Guitar Solos mid-song

Is it "option to turn these off" or "they're just off"

Because I actually liked being able to turn off FSGS mid-song when I'd inevitably forget

The original Rock Band career bassist.
Former DJ Hero player for vVv.
FyreWulff  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fedora wrote:
FyreWulff wrote:

Is it "option to turn these off" or "they're just off"

Because I actually liked being able to turn off FSGS mid-song when I'd inevitably forget

Have to do it from the options menu outside of the song now. So they're stuck on or off until you back out of the song completely and change it.

They said it was the easiest way to deal with all the scoring exploits arising from being able to toggle it mid-song, and that it may or may not come back later.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: