FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Details Revealed: Rock Band 4 December Update and Ongoing Live Program

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NavyCherub  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:27 pm    Post subject: Details Revealed: Rock Band 4 December Update and Ongoing Li Reply with quote

http://www.harmonixmusic.com/blog/rb4-dec-update-ongoing-updates/
Quote:
Features:

Score challenge features This is a whole suite of features that is designed to leverage the competitive heart of the game:
    In-game notifications of leaderboard events: Find out at the moment you pass a friends score with an all-new in-song indicator.
    Activity feed: This is a main menu log of your leaderboard events and that also allows you to quickly jump to a track to regain your dominance.
    Taunt system from the results screen: Let your friends know you beat their score by sending them a selectable randomized Taunt message. This taunt will appear in his or her Activity Feed.
    Improved Calibration thanks to your feedback, weve implemented some significant improvements. PLEASE NOTE that these changes require you to recalibrate.
    Variable Breakneck Speed One of the most requested features from the hardcore competitive community, Variable Breakneck Speed will allow players to individually set the Breakneck Speed of their tracks for the first time in a Rock Band title up to 2X this time!
    Full Combo Recognition & Indicator The Full Combo (a perfect streak, no notes missed or additional strums/hits from start to finish) is one of the competitive players greatest achievements. Rock Band games havent kept track of this impressive feat in the past, and that all changes with this update. The game will now celebrate and track your FC success, and a subtle new in-song indicator will allow you to know if youre still on track for an FC or if youve broken your streak. We also now indicate FC runs on the leaderboards.
    More Song Results details leaderboard info, plus detailed gameplay statistics will now be shown on the song results screen.
    Player Stats Want to know where you stack against your friends online? Access this new Player Stats screen from anywhere in the game to get a detailed overview of your complete Rock Band gameplay statistics, including cumulative scores, stars, and more.
    New Items in the Rock Shop weve got a handful of new assets in the Rock Shop, including one that celebrates a recent (and very awesome) game launch from a studio that we love.
    Auto-kick mode One of the most requested Accessibility features, this toggle will allow you to play drum parts by hitting the drum pads only while we automatically hit kick drum notes. This will be available as a toggle in the Options menu.

Bug fixes:

Packs and Albums in the XB1 in-game store are back in the store and contain content.
    Fix to prevent hitches for PlayStation 4 players with 2000 Friends.
    Leaderboards no longer mix player scores and percentages from different performances and instead show only the info for the single performance with the highest score.
    Game no longer crashes when the vocalist joins a song that doesnt have a vocal part.
    Band History stats now list the correct total number of Rock Shop items.
    Improvements to microphone lag.
    Improvements to tambourine hit sensitivity.
    Adjustments to track transparency.

Weve still got a few surprises in store, including a new gameplay mode that were really psyched about. Well be telling you about it as we get closer to December 8th.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FC tracking and detailed results + leaderboard fixes - woohoo! Now I just need practice mode and I'm all set. Nice to hear updates will be planned to be monthly.
thermite917  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's awesome they're finally going to track FC's. 100%'s are like no-hitters in baseball, but FC's are like a perfect game, so it's great they're finally recognizing that! And the other fixes and updates look good too. It's nice to know they're sticking to their plan of using the launch game as more or less a base to build upon and not leaving their fans in the dust.
TerminX13  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really pleased about the FC tracking stuff, that's really nice.

I'm just gonna be that guy though and say that even despite all the stuff they've put in, I'm still not going to be getting it without practice mode

Setlist creation is notably absent too, but that's a smaller point

Really hoping the "few more surprises" they have coming are more along those lines

Twitter | Trollbean | RateYourMusic | Hummingbird
Accomplishments:
RB (Latest: 25 or 6 to 4)
GHL (Latest: GHL FGFC)

Greatest canine ever to play the plastic guitar
thermite917  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TerminX13 wrote:
I'm just gonna be that guy though and say that even despite all the stuff they've put in, I'm still not going to be getting it without practice mode

No practice mode is definitely a big deal to many. With what they're saying is going to be included in the next update, I can't see them not being able to add a practice mode. If it's not ready by December, I'm sure it can't be too much longer. They have to be aware enough to know that's more of a "need" than a "want".
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thermite917 wrote:
TerminX13 wrote:

No practice mode is definitely a big deal to many. With what they're saying is going to be included in the next update, I can't see them not being able to add a practice mode. If it's not ready by December, I'm sure it can't be too much longer. They have to be aware enough to know that's more of a "need" than a "want".
I don't think it's coming in this first update, but I'm pretty confident that it will be on the way before too long.
chaosfreak07  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's good that some of the things are being fixed, but some are still mad about the state that the game was released in. For that matter, I don't see being able to play online with others in full band play (correct me if i'm wrong).

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Netcode is difficult and expensive. Even if they had said they were planning to add it it wouldn't be this early.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree with Singe, song statistics were SORELY missing before, glad they put them in for this patch. Previously, with no keys, not being able to get a legacy guitar and two mics hooked up, this was feeling like RB2, not RB4. Getting there!
The Unofficial Score Hero GH Guitar leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1638203#1638203
The Unofficial Score Hero RB Guitar leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=703852#703852
The Unofficial Score Hero Bass GH leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=107740
The Unofficial Score Hero Bass RB leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=703842#703842
The Unofficial Cross Platform FGFC leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=108548
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More details revealed on next week's update: http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/12/04/see-rock-band-4s-punishing-new-brutal-mode-ign-first

At 4:15 in the top video it shows the new results screen that has even more info than RB3: longest streak, notes hit, notes missed, avg multiplier, # od uses, time spent in od, # of overhits/strums, % kicks or chords hit, and % of HOPOs HOPOd

Plus there's a new "brutal mode" which is chosen as a difficulty higher than expert and for which you cant have no fail on, your notes will start to disappear faster the better you do - its not like breakneck though, you still have to hit the notes as they hit the bottom of the screen though you cant see them go down that far..looks crazy hard. If you can gold a song like that you get "crimson stars".

So clearly we can't say they're doing nothing for us types, but damn I sure would like practice mode and online coop already.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: