FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
New Rock Band coming to PS4/XB1 - Official, coming Oct 6th
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 96, 97, 98 ... 114, 115, 116  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hobo111  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At this point I'm surprised there's even stars in the game.
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobo111 wrote:
Or score. I'm surprised you don't just mime the controller functions and then get a generic message at the end that says "Great job! Everyone ties, there are no losers! Group hug!"
inv4der  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

singemfrc wrote:
Hobo111 wrote:
Or score. I'm surprised you don't just mime the controller functions and then get a generic message at the end that says "Great job! Everyone ties, there are no losers! Group hug!"

leaked screencap of rock band 4 early alpha

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm never preordering a game again. Pre-ordered the band in a box for $250 2 weeks ago and now all this bullshit comes out? Starting to think rhythm gaming should have stayed dead.

4th ever DWDTG FC on November 27, 2010.
[2:32:10 PM] Alex (MoosieHD): Honestly spamming adds difficulty
[2:32:10 PM] Alex (MoosieHD): Methods are way easier
Stevo  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't been on here for ages but I'm looking forward to getting back into RB though. Unfortunately what has pissed me off today was that I was given this message from ShopTo on my XB1 Guitar Bundle preorder.

Quote:
"Dear Customer, We are writing to you due to a delay in your pre-order of Rock Band 4: Game and Guitar, this item has been delayed due to the publisher being unable to fill retailers pre-order allocations due to a UK shortage. We are hoping to be able to ship these by the 6th of November. We apologise for this unfortunate issue and if you do not wish to wait for this item this can be cancelled in your pre-order section. If this has been prepaid we are happy to refund this for you."

Sod waiting another month, cancelled that preorder and decided to preorder it at GAME (plus get the 30 free songs at least) so fingers crossed but this nonsense has really annoyed me today :/
Mystakin  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gitarzann wrote:
overdrive button on new guitars, no midi port on xBox drum kit, no note streaks, no practice mode, (see a pattern?) etc., are not features that were left out because Harmonix did not have the cash to include them.

All of those features cost time & money to implement... so I'm not sure why you assume they were left out for other reasons.

RB3 shipped with an exploit to pause buffer FC songs and without the ability to use BNS in practice mode.
RB2 shipped with broken Hopo chords and without star tracking.
RB1 shipped without a music store.

Things get cut. It happens. Best we can do is let HMX know what's important to us for future patches. Especially when the only announced patch is currently aimed at players like us.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mystakin wrote:
Things get cut. It happens. Best we can do is let HMX know what's important to us for future patches. Especially when the only announced patch is currently aimed at players like us.

What if I don't want to wait that long? I'm a hairs breadth away from not getting the game at all, cancelling my pre-order, taking my 500 bucks and going home.

Moreover, what if I do stick it out, and what if these patches never come? Asking people to take that risk is dangerous indeed.

Last edited by Lowlander2 on Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Lowlander2 PSN Name: Lowlander2
PlexShaw  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At this stage, with so many basic things missing or their importance to the core RB fans (a group they bigged up in the initial unveiling) misjudged, I wouldn't at all be surprised if Harmonix announced that Rock Band 4's development had actually been overseen by Don Mattrick.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: PlexShaw PSN Name: PlexShaw Wii Friend Code: 5941308033072690
Mystakin  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lowlander2 wrote:
Mystakin wrote:

What if I don't want to wait that long? I'm a hairs breadth away from not getting the game at all, cancelling my pre-order, taking my 500 bucks and going home.

Moreover, what if I do stick it out, and what if these patches never come? Asking people to take that risk is dangerous indeed.

You don't have to buy the game to let HMX know what you're looking for in RB4.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lowlander2 wrote:
Mystakin wrote:

then you're impatient as fuck and don't deserve nice things
i'm pretty sure harmonix, after seeing so many people complain about this, will probably do something about it. they've gone on record saying that RB4 is gonna be a platform and they're going to continually improve it, so just have faith, man.

parzrevenge wrote:
stop trying to be pieman 2015
inv4der  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering HMX's precedent with supporting RB you'd assume people could believe in HMX saying they're gonna support their main game.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meanwhile, this is happening. i dont know if this has been posted before but i've never heard of it before today
yakityyakblah  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockband 4 is a product and Harmonix is a company. If someone simply didn't like the font of the logo they'd be well in their rights to cancel their preorder without deserving hostility on here. People don't trust Harmonix is going to deliver the game they want at this point. If and when Harmonix proves that they will, those people will buy the game. You can't complain about people being cautious about how they spend a quarter of a thousand dollars.
Fedora  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totally agreed. But Harmonix is also a company that has engendered a lot of good will with their previous game releases and their at-the-time unheard of policy towards things like DLC carry-over among the sort of people who would post frequently on rockband dot scorehero dot com.

I can talk shit about the New England Patriots, but if I do it in a bar in Boston I wouldn't expect a warm reception.

The original Rock Band career bassist.
Former DJ Hero player for vVv.
ComicBookGuru  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

inv4der wrote:
Considering HMX's precedent with supporting RB you'd assume people could believe in HMX saying they're gonna support their main game.

See, that's the problem: music games (or any) that make these kinds of promises need to be watched with one raised eyebrow. And that's coming from someone who has a shitload of stuff ordered for this game.

Remember how BandFuse promised a bunch of shit, cut half of it, ended up not following through with even releasing in certain territories? It was easy not to invest in that game- it was just cables and a disc- but we're absolutely being asked to buy new hardware on two companies that depend on us buying it in order to survive. That's not a healthy bet for any company, even Harmonix. What if that happens here? What if it doesn't sell well enough to guarantee upgrades?

Is Dance Central, one of the most, if not the most, popular Kinect games on 360, even being updated anymore on XB1? (I honestly don't know. I don't even know if the multiplayer bug ever got patched. Last I played it still liked crashing.) Of course, if it's not, you could say "oh, well the dance craze has passed". But we're on a site dedicated to the hardcore. What does average Joe consumer think? Has the plastic game craze passed for him too? What happens if this title doesn't sell?

I don't think I even have to mention Fantasia, which almost certainly worked against the company in multiple ways.

I love HMX, I'm ridiculously excited, and no, I don't think the game will tank and we'll totally get updates. I'm psyched. But it's not the first time we've been asked to rely on promises for a game, it's certainly not the last, and we've seen things go terribly sour before (Godus, Code Hero, lots of Kickstarter projects, etc.).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 96, 97, 98 ... 114, 115, 116  Next
Page 97 of 116

Jump to: