FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Best RB Drum Kit for FCs?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
XRocker13  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:47 pm    Post subject: Best RB Drum Kit for FCs? Reply with quote

Hey guys. I'm getting back into Rockband in preparation for RB4. I used to be an avid drummer. I had my own electronic drumset back then meaning I would have near flawless performing drums. And it was awesome! Well since then I've gotten rid of that set and had to resort to finding a good oem drum set. I've scoured craigslist and found an old RB1 QM set. I've sock modded it (surprised the video was still around) and its pretty good, but I get crosstalk with the blue pad. And the pedal sucks, perhaps thats what I miss the most of having a real pedal.

Anyways, im in the pursuit of perfection. What's the best performing RB drumkit? Are the RB3 kits any good, or are their any easy mods (besides socks) to get the perfect? What about pedals, I;ve heard the the dual pedal adapter is essentially broken because you cant use the second pedal unless the other one is unloaded. Any help would be appreciated!
You know, there was a time when none of us had "uber skills" and right now, this guy has no "uber skills", so why dont you use your "uber skills" and try to help him get "uber skills" and maybe someday he can use his "uber skills" to help people get "uber skills" INSTEAD OF TAKING A HUGE SHIT ON HIM ABOUT NOT HAVING "UBER SKILLS"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SF7R9UwfLUM
inv4der  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing is, RB4 has been confirmed to not have ION support, and the Mad Catz MIDI Adapter has not been commented on in a meaningful sense, but is unlikely to work.

So in terms of moving forward into RB4, you might be best off just getting a RB4 drumset once those are available alongside the game itself. The best alternative to stock is probably going to be modding to get an ekit to work, since the game won't support them by default.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the Beatles Rock Band drum set is the best stock kit, but I am confident the RB4 drum set will be even better.

Guitar Hero + Rock Band Expert Drums Dual FSFC - September 21st, 2017
10,000 unique expert GH/RB FCs - May 18th, 2022
Videos: http://www.YouTube.com/dayzeed
FC spreadsheet: https://bit.ly/FCs
Proud lefty who conformed to right-handed mode... show some respect! ;)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: slashno PSN Name: slashno
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

slashn0 wrote:
the Beatles Rock Band drum set is the best stock kit, but I am confident the RB4 drum set will be even better.
The RB4 set started as a Beatles set and was improved upon, so if you cant get the RB4 set, the TBRB set is the next best thing, but I'd recommend the RB4 set as the best option at launch.

Though not supported at launch I'm confident the IONs will eventually be supported. I own a set of IONs though and have had nothing but frustration with their accuracy. They appear stronger but eventually self destruct very similarly to the RB1/2 set. I'm curious to see if MadCatz has solved the problem with the RB4 set. If so then I'll be interested to see if someone mods an RB4 set onto a larger rack.
XRocker13  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your responses. Im planning on buying the digital version. Not willing to spend 250 for the whole bundle. My old GH2 XPlorer guitar still works absolutely perfectly since day 1 (and its my favorite). I'm hoping the eBay deals on just the RB4 kit aren't too outrageous.
You know, there was a time when none of us had "uber skills" and right now, this guy has no "uber skills", so why dont you use your "uber skills" and try to help him get "uber skills" and maybe someday he can use his "uber skills" to help people get "uber skills" INSTEAD OF TAKING A HUGE SHIT ON HIM ABOUT NOT HAVING "UBER SKILLS"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SF7R9UwfLUM
SL0WandP41NFUL  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How good were the later RB kits as far as rebound? I rely on double strokes pretty heavily...
slashn0  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SL0WandP41NFUL wrote:
How good were the later RB kits as far as rebound? I rely on double strokes pretty heavily...

They give much more rebound than people give them credit for. I've gotten pretty close to a Homecoming FC with double strokes on a Beatles stock kit.

Guitar Hero + Rock Band Expert Drums Dual FSFC - September 21st, 2017
10,000 unique expert GH/RB FCs - May 18th, 2022
Videos: http://www.YouTube.com/dayzeed
FC spreadsheet: https://bit.ly/FCs
Proud lefty who conformed to right-handed mode... show some respect! ;)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: slashno PSN Name: slashno
disturbedfreak  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

XRocker13 wrote:
Thanks for your responses. Im planning on buying the digital version. Not willing to spend 250 for the whole bundle. My old GH2 XPlorer guitar still works absolutely perfectly since day 1 (and its my favorite). I'm hoping the eBay deals on just the RB4 kit aren't too outrageous.

the xplorers wired, which means it wont work on rb4
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Wii Friend Code: 6158928254521041
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: