FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
New Rock Band coming to PS4/XB1 - Official, coming Oct 6th
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 63, 64, 65 ... 114, 115, 116  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
inv4der  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Alakaiser or any other HMX people, is there any word regarding the MIDI Adapter and electronic drum kits that you can share with us?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

inv4der wrote:
Hey Alakaiser or any other HMX people, is there any word regarding the MIDI Adapter and electronic drum kits that you can share with us?

A few days ago they said the midi adapter isn't going to work at launch and to ask Ion for support for it.
inv4der  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FyreWulff wrote:
inv4der wrote:

A few days ago they said the midi adapter isn't going to work at launch and to ask Ion for support for it.

No, I mean the Mad Catz MIDI Adapter that Mad Catz made. The one that Mad Catz produced, not ION.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

inv4der wrote:
FyreWulff wrote:
inv4der wrote:

No, I mean the Mad Catz MIDI Adapter that Mad Catz made. The one that Mad Catz produced, not ION.

I'm pretty sure this falls under the same umbrella as the IONs, but I also don't know for sure. As we get closer to launch, more information on hardware compatibility will be coming. Sorry, I am genuinely uncertain. If I can, I'll try to get a more decisive answer, but I can't promise anything.

I'm sure you all know about this FAQ, but just in case: http://forums.harmonixmusic.com/discussion/258779/rock-band-4-the-official-faq

Pretty much any info I can give you on things like that will be on that page. Generally I can talk about announced features and the like (and if I can't, I'll just say that I suppose), but there's a lot of stuff I can't talk about yet, and a handful of things that are still being worked on so I can't give an answer just in case something changes between now and October.

I'm totally happy to answer what I can, though!

Want to see totally exciting updates in my life in 140 characters or less? Check out my Twitter!
THABEAST721  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you say anything about practice mode? There were some rumors that it wouldn't be in the game. It is necessary to learn how to hit a very hard part in a song.
espher  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alakaiser wrote:

Given the inclusion of Eddie Japan, I have to ask:

To what means of bribery are Greg and Eric most susceptible if one were trying to work towards getting get more Tribe in the game? ;)

Project Lead for the Rock Band: Harmonies Project || http://tiny.cc/RBHarmonies
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: EspherM ICQ Number
slashn0  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alakaiser wrote:

If you're permitted to answer this, are roll/strum/trill lanes going to be in RB4? a lot of people seem to complain about them but honestly I think most of the time they make things easier and they were one of the greatest new additions to RB3 in my opinion.

Guitar Hero + Rock Band Expert Drums Dual FSFC - September 21st, 2017
10,000 unique expert GH/RB FCs - May 18th, 2022
Videos: http://www.YouTube.com/dayzeed
FC spreadsheet: https://bit.ly/FCs
Proud lefty who conformed to right-handed mode... show some respect! ;)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: slashno PSN Name: slashno
GanonMetroid  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alakaiser wrote:
please do keep giving Harmonix feedback like this, though.
more shit like lightning bolt pls

Videos. Guitar Hero accomplishments. Rock Band accomplishments. GH customs.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: vVv Ganon PSN Name: PanOfMopsicle ICQ Number
Alakaiser  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

slashn0 wrote:
If you're permitted to answer this, are roll/strum/trill lanes going to be in RB4? a lot of people seem to complain about them but honestly I think most of the time they make things easier and they were one of the greatest new additions to RB3 in my opinion.

This is something I can talk about!

Yes they are, with an important note: they should work better now. During dev we identified the issue where keeping your streak going out of one of these lanes could be a pain, which I believe was a common complaint during RB3. Once we figured out what was going on, we were able to go in and fix that, so they should feel a bit nicer to play with now.

espher wrote:
Given the inclusion of Eddie Japan, I have to ask:

To what means of bribery are Greg and Eric most susceptible if one were trying to work towards getting get more Tribe in the game? ;)

Ha! I'll have to pass that along. :P (you are an amazing person btw)

GanonMetroid wrote:
more shit like lightning bolt pls

"Shit," you say. (Lightning Bolt is not my personal taste in music but it's super awesome and exciting that it's there and I can't wait to see you guys play that drum part! I hit a note in it once. Only once, though.)

We've got a good mix of music that's shipping on RB4's disc. It's hard to make blanket statements like "you're going to love ALL OF IT" because music is so subjective ( but you people better like Suspicious Minds or WE ARE IN A SUPER SERIOUS FIGHT), but there's a whole lot of fun stuff coming, and a few songs that I think will surprise you guys with how fun it is in RB4. The drum part for All Over You isn't some crazy impossible thing or anything, but it feels super satisfying to play it. To me anyway - I'm not the best drummer in the world.

Holy shit that paragraph turned into a straight up advertisement didn't it? But seriously. Rock and Roll Hoochie Koo. Rock and Roll Hoochie Koo.

---

And just to reiterate: if you're asking about features, I can't comment. I am super sorry but I'd rather not end up getting yelled at by like 30 different people. Keep watching the official channels and you'll get that info.

Want to see totally exciting updates in my life in 140 characters or less? Check out my Twitter!
slashn0  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alakaiser wrote:
slashn0 wrote:

This is something I can talk about!

Yes they are, with an important note: they should work better now. During dev we identified the issue where keeping your streak going out of one of these lanes could be a pain, which I believe was a common complaint during RB3. Once we figured out what was going on, we were able to go in and fix that, so they should feel a bit nicer to play with now.

Awesome! I had a feeling that if they were gone all songs with them would get screwed up so I was really hoping they wouldn't get dropped. Great to know they'll be back, and hopefully with this new improved version people won't hate on them, because I think they're great :P

Guitar Hero + Rock Band Expert Drums Dual FSFC - September 21st, 2017
10,000 unique expert GH/RB FCs - May 18th, 2022
Videos: http://www.YouTube.com/dayzeed
FC spreadsheet: https://bit.ly/FCs
Proud lefty who conformed to right-handed mode... show some respect! ;)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: slashno PSN Name: slashno
NavyCherub  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sure was confused about the Lightning Bolt conversation when I googled "Lightning Bolt song" and got this.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you talk about how solos are factored into star cutoffs in RB4? In all games before RB3 solos were not counted for star cutoffs and this made gold a very viable thing on a lot of songs with difficult, numerous and/or lengthy solos. In RB3, solo bonuses count as part of the required score for star cutoffs and this makes certain songs nearly require FCs for gold. It would be nice if scoring could be reversed to no longer factor solo bonuses again.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

During freestyle guitar sections, it was mentioned that upstrums work as a bend on a note. Does this mean you couldn't alt strum notes quickly without it sounding crappy?
machetemonkey  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yakityyakblah wrote:
During freestyle guitar sections, it was mentioned that upstrums work as a bend on a note. Does this mean you couldn't alt strum notes quickly without it sounding crappy?

I don't know for sure, but I think it's held upstrums that make bends. So I'm guessing that you could do quick alt-strum runs without it activating the bend mechanic.

But anybody who's paid closer attention to the mechanic feel free to correct me if I'm off-base.

Also, on an unrelated note, it's GREAT to hear that strum/trill/roll lanes will be returning, but in an improved state. They were a great conceptual addition that made perfect sense in the game; it was just the implementation that was a little screwy. So I'm REALLY REALLY REALLY happy that HMX chose to fix them rather than remove them.
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

machetemonkey wrote:
Also, on an unrelated note, it's GREAT to hear that strum/trill/roll lanes will be returning, but in an improved state. They were a great conceptual addition that made perfect sense in the game; it was just the implementation that was a little screwy. So I'm REALLY REALLY REALLY happy that HMX chose to fix them rather than remove them.
I agree my only problem with em is them not working, if they work then Im all for em too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 63, 64, 65 ... 114, 115, 116  Next
Page 64 of 116

Jump to: