FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
New Rock Band coming to PS4/XB1 - Official, coming Oct 6th
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 114, 115, 116  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TerminX13  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GanonMetroid wrote:
Neutral Milk Hotel - Holland, 1945
Cool taste, although I think In The Aeroplane Over the Sea might be a better track to rally behind

Wouldn't be surprised to see them get something in tho

Twitter | Trollbean | RateYourMusic | Hummingbird
Accomplishments:
RB (Latest: 25 or 6 to 4)
GHL (Latest: GHL FGFC)

Greatest canine ever to play the plastic guitar
GanonMetroid  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mean, I love the whole album, but I think Holland is the most playable song on there.

Midnight-Rider wrote:
GanonMetroid wrote:

Also, obligatory "rock band guitars are better you're all fools" comment from me.

So I'm not alone here...

Anyone who knows anything about me knows I've gotten all my RB and post-GH3 GH FCs on a strat. Hell, schmegery used MY STRAT to win WCG one year.

Strats ftw.

Videos. Guitar Hero accomplishments. Rock Band accomplishments. GH customs.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: vVv Ganon PSN Name: PanOfMopsicle ICQ Number
inv4der  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holland, 1945 is 100% the best song on that album from a RB gameplay perspective since it has an activity level unprecedented on the rest of the album.

Anyone who thinks another song would be better is thinking from a hype up a name like "In The Aeroplane Over The Sea" because some people will say "hey i liked that album" perspective, not that how the song plays is important. And don't forget that Holland was also a single.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GanonMetroid wrote:
So, Harmonix redesigned the request page and on Facebook they said they were looking for RB4 requests. I have no idea how much weight they put into these requests, but it's worth putting some songs in if you ask me.

http://www.harmonixmusic.com/games/rock-band/request/

I spammed Neutral Milk Hotel - Holland, 1945 and Tera Melos - Sunburn a few times. I think NMH has a shot. Tera Melos, well, a guy can dream.

I requested Sledgehammer - The Fall of Troy as well as Quarter Past - The Fall of Troy so far. Trying to thi

EDIT: Good picks, Ganon.

Last edited by drewbles on Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:57 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Sandy Drew
Nubnut  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GanonMetroid wrote:

Also, obligatory "rock band guitars are better you're all fools" comment from me.

Count me in on that crowd too, could never stand the fret buttons on the Guitar Hero controllers.
"THERE IS A DREAM I AM LIVING
THERE IS A LIFE I AM DREAMING OF"
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Gavesit
Midnight-Rider  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nubnut wrote:
GanonMetroid wrote:

Count me in on that crowd too, could never stand the fret buttons on the Guitar Hero controllers.

Indeed, I always was more partial to the smaller solo buttons on the RB guitar.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nubnut wrote:
GanonMetroid wrote:

Honestly. It feels like I'm mashing my fingers into sponges.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: vVv Ganon PSN Name: PanOfMopsicle ICQ Number
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GanonMetroid wrote:
Nubnut wrote:
GanonMetroid wrote:

I could say the same about the RB strum bar.
GanonMetroid  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

singemfrc wrote:
GanonMetroid wrote:
Nubnut wrote:
GanonMetroid wrote:

I get that. I mean, it took me a long time to get used to, but now there's absolutely no going back for me. Noisy strum bars are distracting, and make me lose track of my strumming to be honest.

Abomstar  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

singemfrc wrote:

Yeah. Didn't like it; playing on one of those things will be weirdly nostalgic though. Had moved on from the MadCatz controllers by 2008. I hope they fix the mushiness. Not a true complaint, since I won't be obsessing over the competitive aspect this time around.

Just really excited about the announcement and wanted to say hey.
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does the opposite for me. The RB strum bar is fine for screwing around at parties and such, but I just cant be accurate on fast strums with it, and it always feels like I'm breaking it.
TerminX13  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

inv4der wrote:
Anyone who thinks another song would be better is thinking from a hype up a name like "In The Aeroplane Over The Sea" because some people will say "hey i liked that album" perspective, not that how the song plays is important.
Actually it's because I like that song more \_(ツ)_/

edit: wow that did NOT work

Twitter | Trollbean | RateYourMusic | Hummingbird
Accomplishments:
RB (Latest: 25 or 6 to 4)
GHL (Latest: GHL FGFC)

Greatest canine ever to play the plastic guitar
Kingofterrors  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feels good to be remembered, even if it is only for missing a few notes on solo s .

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TerminX13 wrote:
inv4der wrote:
Anyone who thinks another song would be better is thinking from a hype up a name like "In The Aeroplane Over The Sea" because some people will say "hey i liked that album" perspective, not that how the song plays is important.
Actually it's because I like that song more

My point is more along these lines: no matter what your opinions of the song, Holland, 1945 is audibly a more interesting pick from a gameplay standpoint. Its faster tempo and quicker inclusion of all four instruments would make for a more interesting experience overall. ITAOTS itself is much slower of a song and takes a good 30-40 seconds to get going to the point where a bassist or drummer can play.

In addition, Holland is the almost uncontested best song from the perspective of those instruments, all other songs on the album are focused a lot more on guitar and vocals, or have long periods of inactivity. (Barring the instrumentals, obviously) You could argue that you would want NMH for guitar and vocals but then why not go full on and get Oh Comely?

Alternatively, just get Song Against Sex.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as Aeroplane tracks go, Ghost would be fairly playable too and would be my preference if I had a choice.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 114, 115, 116  Next
Page 14 of 116

Jump to: