FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
stubbscroll's pro keys - RBN and other stuff
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stubbscroll  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's about time I posted again. Since last time, I got several FCs in the league (the best ones were Night fever and Second chance (2nd place on xbox)).

Some new scores, from Blitz:

I'm still standing, gold stars (image)

I'm still standing (Blitz gold stars 17/19) Pretty happy with this one. This one requires an FC up to halfways in the last chorus or so, including rough spots like the beginning of chorus 3. In this run I missed in chorus 1 (not under OD), but still managed to beat the cutoff by a comfortable margin. FC is still too hard for me because of the outro.

Jungle boogie, gold stars (image)

Jungle boogie (Blitz gold stars 18/19) This was more luck based for me, as I'm not consistent at all at the 4-note outbursts. I can hit the slower 5-note outbursts pretty consistently, though. By a miracle I hit verse 1 (which I've never done before). I had one miss in the beginning of chorus 2, and multiple misses in verse 2. I got gold stars on the last two notes. An FC is out of the question unless I find a reliable method for the fast 4-note bursts.

I can probably get Shout (I doubt it's harder to GS than the songs above), so it seems that Blitz full-game GS is within reach. I find it hard to concentrate on that song (it's long, repetitive and rather boring).

Last edited by stubbscroll on Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Alternity  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job man, those are songs I still try to GS, and yet, still fail.... Especially Jungle Boogie, I could never hit those strokes consistantly.
mazegeek999PSN  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shout is really underrated in my opinion, but yeah you'll get it. Great job on those two also, especially Jungle Boogie!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shout is really underrated in my opinion, but yeah you'll get it. Great job on those two also, especially Jungle Boogie!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mazegeek999PSN wrote:
Shout is really underrated in my opinion, but yeah you'll get it.

Seems you were right!

Shout, gold stars (image)

Shout, gold stars (Blitz 19/19) This took two tries yesterday. Outside of the solo I missed twice (not under OD) and I barely made the cutoff. As usual one can't afford to miss much in songs mainly consisting of chord sustains. The hardest part for me was to stay concentrated enough to hit all chords correctly (especially the ones that vary, like FC and D#C). This means I reached my goal of getting all gold stars on RB Blitz.

Some on-disc gold stars:

Dead end friends, gold stars 46/63

25 or 6 to 4, gold stars 47/63: FCing the entire chordfest in the guitar solo helped a lot towards the cutoff.

The look, gold stars 48/63: Getting all chords under 4x is the key here. I had a couple of misses in the fast single-note stuff.

Du hast, gold stars 49/63: No misses outside the melody, but still quite a few misses, including a unison OD phrase. Barely made the cutoff.

New goals:
- 55/63 on-disc gold stars. All remaining songs will be tough, some likely candidates are Sister christian, Space oddity, Free bird and 20th century boy.
- 4* Roundabout (will be extremely hard, can't combo anything outside the bridge)

Last edited by stubbscroll on Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:38 am; edited 1 time in total
mazegeek999PSN  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome. The guitar solo in 25 or 6 to 4 is the hardest part in my opinion with those fast and off-beat chords, so nice job!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job on Shout. I can never hold a combo on that song with all those chord changes.

So Shout is the hardest GS in both Blitz and Pro Keys..hmm

stubbscroll  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is probably my best accomplishment so far, I never thought I'd be able to get gold stars on a Phish song.

Stash gold stars. I've been working on this on and off for a couple of weeks now. After FC-ing all sections except 2 in practice (Intro B and Outro solo B), I dediced to go for gold stars. I missed 8 notes in this run: in the chord changes/glissando at the end of Intro B, the end of Odd riff 3, the chords in Outro solo B and a miss in the beginning of Outro solo D (beginning of OD activation), costing me some tens of thousands of points. I got gold on the last note.

I'm getting somewhat consistent on the trill in Intro C now, I have more problems with the sections where I missed in my gold star run. When I began working on the song, I thought the trills would be the hardest section, but now I can hit it about 30% of the time.

I'll keep working on this song. I'll probably never FC it, but it doesn't hurt to try! My first goal is to FC all sections. My next goal is to FC all pairs of adjacent sections (to make sure no transitions take me by surprise).

Other updates: I bought the rest of the songs (except one song where I get a marketplace error when I try to buy it) and have worked on 5-starring all of them. Out of the 498 songs I own I now have two songs left to 4-star (Roundabout and On the back of angels), and 29 additional songs left to 5-star. Out of the latest batch of songs I played (the lowest tiered ones) the hardest one for me were Look around and Wrong way. My next goals here are to get 4 stars or better on all songs, and to get as many 5 stars and gold stars as possible.

I also made some ugly banners that are generated by a program I've made, but they don't auto-update yet. There's too much empty space, which I'll remove in my next update.

FireFlowerPower  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done with Stash, that or Higher Ground would be the best pro keys accomplishment by you so far. Nicely done!

stubbscroll  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been a while now, I guess it's time for an update.

RB3 on-disc

- 23 new FCs, for a total FC count of 42. Best ones are probably This bastard's life and I got you (I feel good)
- 5 new gold stars: Sister christian, Space oddity, Free bird, 20th century boy and I got you (I feel good). Total count is 54/63.

Blitz
- 6 new FCs: The wicker man, Kids in the street, Raise your glass, Sing, We are young and Jessie's girl. Total count 11/21.

DLC
- Further improvements on Stash, best run is -4. Still not consistent in trills and the chords in Outro solo B. I've hit all sections in practice.
- Don't know how many FCs I got since last time, but the total count is now 144, almost all of them are 0-2-dot songs. Hard ones include Pulse of the maggots (that streak is really fast) and Freeze-frame (very hard FC for a one-dot song).

RBN
I live in a "wrong country" (can't normally get RBN), but I recently found an easy way to buy stuff from the US marketplace. I can finally play RBN songs! Some accomplishments:
- Passed 1 Andromeda song out of 5 (My star). Chameleon carneval and Veil pt 1 are probably the next ones to pass, but I need to learn to survive the main keyboard riffs of those songs, which I think are of similar difficulty. Both songs also have some rather rough spots (especially the outro of Veil pt 1).
- Passed all Amberian Dawn songs except 2: Dreamchaser (the solo is simply too crazy and too long) and Field of serpents (the songs starts with no less than THREE ridiculous sections, all of them consisting mainly of very fast chromatic scales, and two of them also contain super-fast arpeggios).
- My best pass is probably The duel (Rusty Cooley). The hardest sections for me to pass are Pre-chorus 1 and 2 (which has a rather long extremely fast spam section) and Synth solo 3 (extremely fast arpeggio with chaotic pattern). By some miracle I managed to scrape by without OD in the choruses, where I typically hit around 50-65% in normal runs. If you can tolerate the terrible quality, here's a video.

Also, Imageshack crapped out and enlarged all the embedded images, so I had to edit all my previous posts in this thread to make it viewable.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Accomplishments All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: