FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
RawkSD 3 beta4 problem. game crashes on loading song and more.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dlh112  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:06 pm    Post subject: RawkSD 3 beta4 problem. game crashes on loading song and mor Reply with quote

I'm trying to put some custom songs into RB2 with rawksd 3 beta 4. I followed the usage guide wiki thing, and don't know what i'm doing wrong. I've tried a couple songs from a FoF forum thread, and one from here, both have apparently the same problem. The song shows up in the RB2 list just fine, and the preview plays fine, but when i try to play it it loads for a while and then the dancing/rocking out loading guy freezes and the game crashes (i can't reset or anything, i have to turn off the wii). specifically i've tried the 2 accel world opening songs from here
http://www.fretsonfire.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=56816&hilit=anime

and LEVEL5 -judgelight- from here at scorehero.

i can make an image of the settings and stuff for the song in rawksd, but i'm hoping this is a common/easy problem and i don't need to do that. idk if it matters, but my wii system is on 4.1U

Edit: I tried ripping songs from GH: metallica and putting them on RB2 with frustrating results. installing the song to the SD card both with master of puppets and fight fire with fire cause my wii to not recognize my SD card anymore. With FFwF I was careful and ripped it locally first, clicked transcode to rockband, and then install to SD, and even did safely remove hardware for the SD card. My wii didn't recognize it, i deleted the rawk folder, put it back in the wii and it's fine. WTF is going on

Last edited by dlh112 on Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:00 am; edited 2 times in total
dlh112  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heres an image of the settings for the song. i'm not sure if the ogg is supposed to be set for guitar or background, but i'm 95% sure i've tried both and still had the same problem.
http://imgur.com/GkldeZK

i realized i was putting the values for the difficulties wrong, but that still doesn't affect the problem.
dlh112  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So... I wanted to see if doing something more automated would work, to determine if it was my fault in the settings or my Wii/game having something wrong. I ripped songs from GH: metallica and got them in the list in rawksd, and I tried putting master of puppets onto the sd card. It took a very long time, but i figured it was because its a long song and it has things for all instruments (which might be true).... but doing this somehow caused my wii to not recognize my SD card anymore? (I played a GH3 hack for a bit before which also has a slim chance of causing that). I deleted all the rawksd stuff off of my SD card and completely turned off my wii for a bit and it recognizes the SD card fine now apparently... i'll try more stuff again in an hour or 2

edit: see first post
dlh112  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I FINALLY GOT SOMETHING TO WORK . i downloaded 'no thank you' from here http://cometeor.net/post/4152785362/rb3customs and put it an mp3 of the song i found elsewhere, and it's playable in RB2 without crashing . it's really out of sync, but I think that's just because of the mp3?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: