FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Changing Tempo, not notes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Menacex911  

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 3:33 pm    Post subject: Changing Tempo, not notes Reply with quote

Is there a trick to halving or changing the tempo of a completed song without messing up the whole chart and having to redo it? It seems more than plausible, but I'm not finding the command.

Would it have anything to do with the project setting "Tmebase for items"??
IM checkin it out, but im just tryin to get the ball rollin on thinking
raynebc  

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What exactly are you wanting to do? Speed up/slow down the entire chart (audio and notes)?
Menacex911  

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if i cut the tempo in half, the notes kind of follow it. So say i charted the whole song, and just want to make a small section a lower tempo, but the same notes, I'd have to change the tempo, and then id basically have to rechart the rest of the song because it doesnt shrink the notes with it as far as i know how to do it. I'm wondering if there is a way to bring the notes with the tempo with just a command.
CyclopsDragon  

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you select a bunch of notes, hold control, and mouse over the right side of a note, the mouse cursor should change into a hand grabbing another hand. If you click and then drag left, it should compress all of the notes into a smaller space. Just make sure the quantization is perfect before you do this, because it can mess stuff up if you don't. I'd recommend grabbing the second note, it's the easiest to use to visualize.

Menacex911  

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats it!
Thank you thank you!

Is there a just-as-simple way to covert those to /32th notes? Since they're compressed from a 32th in twice the bpm, its now a 64th.

Also on that note, is there a difference in using 32th, 64th, etc? I imagine it makes the hitboxes smaller or larger.
CyclopsDragon  

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure there's no difference in-game. The timing window is a set number of milliseconds before and after the note. And if you want to make them more spread out, just drag to the right instead of left. You can convert from 64th notes to 32nd notes that way. You might have to change the selected snap though, not sure.

Menacex911  

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, im absolutely retarded. Im sorry i asked how to make the notes from 64th to 32nd.

TOTALLY SIMPLE

Ugh. But you helped me, lmao. Thanks again
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: