FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
"Hysteria" And "Rock 'N' Roll Star" EU DLC?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lawrencein  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:18 pm    Post subject: "Hysteria" And "Rock 'N' Roll Star" EU D Reply with quote

I was looking at xbox live marketplace to see if there were any new rbn songs and I came across this .

It said that there was new dlc for RB1 so I looked at it and saw Hysteria and Rock 'N' Roll Star up with release dates of 29/8/12. I guess this is their solution for them not exporting to RB3.

machetemonkey  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:28 pm    Post subject: Re: "Hysteria" And "Rock 'N' Roll Star" Reply with quote

lawrencein wrote:
I was looking at xbox live marketplace to see if there were any new rbn songs and I came across this .

It said that there was new dlc for RB1 so I looked at it and saw Hysteria and Rock 'N' Roll Star up with release dates of 29/8/12. I guess this is their solution for them not exporting to RB3.

I can't speak for Hysteria (I thought that was always available?), but someone's tried downloading Rock and Roll Star and it doesn't work in-game.
lawrencein  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:31 pm    Post subject: Re: "Hysteria" And "Rock 'N' Roll Star" Reply with quote

machetemonkey wrote:
lawrencein wrote:

I can't speak for Hysteria (I thought that was always available?), but someone's tried downloading Rock and Roll Star and it doesn't work in-game.

I just tried playing Hysteria and it just crashes the game. I've tried after every new patch and it has never worked for me.

ShiftBreaker  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just hoping for an eventual patch for RB3. They're already on the Hard Drive and it could go well with a patch to fix some of the other errors.

Speaking of other errors, Afterlife from Song Pack 2 in Blitz has all the wrong information again (No art, from the year 0, and I think it doesn't have the album name either.) Not sure if it plain just doesn't work ala RB3 pre-patch.

And I can't believe that I forgot to even check is RARS and Hysteria even shown up in Blitz. Or if we even got a super secret surprise addition of Monsoon (because it's the most likely non-export to be an export again) back in Blitz. >_>

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShiftBreaker wrote:
I'm just hoping for an eventual patch for RB3. They're already on the Hard Drive and it could go well with a patch to fix some of the other errors.

Speaking of other errors, Afterlife from Song Pack 2 in Blitz has all the wrong information again (No art, from the year 0, and I think it doesn't have the album name either.) Not sure if it plain just doesn't work ala RB3 pre-patch.

And I can't believe that I forgot to even check is RARS and Hysteria even shown up in Blitz. Or if we even got a super secret surprise addition of Monsoon (because it's the most likely non-export to be an export again) back in Blitz. >_>

RARS doesn't show up at all but Hysteria works fine.
Speaking of Afterlife

No album art or album name and it will be released in the year 539,832,622, apart from that it works fine.

Pig-serpent  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait, Hysteria as in the Muse Song? That works on RB3 for me if that's what you're talking about. I wouldn't know about blitz but it's interesting to know.
inv4der  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pig-serpent wrote:
Wait, Hysteria as in the Muse Song? That works on RB3 for me if that's what you're talking about. I wouldn't know about blitz but it's interesting to know.

It only doesn't work in EU iirc, as it was part of their RB1 disc and therefore an export.

In the US, where it's DLC, it still works along with Monsoon. (Monsoon does work in US Blitz.)

Even we don't get Rock and Roll Star and Hier Kommt Alex though.

(Neither of the two US blocked songs work in Blitz, by the way.)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^Thanks. I had hear Hysteria didn't work before but when I dl'ed it I didn't think anything of it.
ShiftBreaker  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, having checked on the PS3, Hysteria, the RB1 export works fine on blitz. In fact, from memory the only time it failed to work was on L:RB. For some reason when I read Hysteria and RARS I instantly assumed Hier kommt Alex and RARS instead. Usually pair the two of those together in my mind.

But yeah, RB1 export Hysteria works fine on RBB. As for the supposed new DLC appearing on the marketplace...that's interesting. But so far seems not to add the songs.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

inv4der wrote:
Pig-serpent wrote:

It only doesn't work in EU iirc, as it was part of their RB1 disc and therefore an export.

In the US, where it's DLC, it still works along with Monsoon. (Monsoon does work in US Blitz.)

Even we don't get Rock and Roll Star and Hier Kommt Alex though.

(Neither of the two US blocked songs work in Blitz, by the way.)
Isn't that what the EU 360 Downloadable patch was for? To fix that issue.

Songs: Just over 1000.
lawrencein  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShiftBreaker wrote:
Or if we even got a super secret surprise addition of Monsoon (because it's the most likely non-export to be an export again) back in Blitz. >_>

There you go.

All of the EU exclusives are now up for download. "Monsoon" works even without the dlc patch that fixes the other exclusives.

PlexShaw  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, in summary, those outside the US can now buy Monsoon on XBL? I got a code for the US download via that Pepsi promo a few years ago but could only download it via my (fake) US account.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: PlexShaw PSN Name: PlexShaw Wii Friend Code: 5941308033072690
lawrencein  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PlexShaw wrote:
So, in summary, those outside the US can now buy Monsoon on XBL? I got a code for the US download via that Pepsi promo a few years ago but could only download it via my (fake) US account.

Yes.

expertwin  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, apparently some of the Country Packs were re-released long after RB/RB2 stopped supporting DLC.
2015/09/20 The date I became Free Bird #200

@ataeaf=My Twitter. RB Accomps. GH Accomps. Nobody reads them.
voidedalive2x wrote:
of COURSE it's doable, you ninny! Don't you cop out on me now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: WorthBestGamer
ShiftBreaker  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lawrencein wrote:
ShiftBreaker wrote:
Or if we even got a super secret surprise addition of Monsoon (because it's the most likely non-export to be an export again) back in Blitz. >_>

There you go.

All of the EU exclusives are now up for download. "Monsoon" works even without the dlc patch that fixes the other exclusives.

PS3, I'm afraid. Monsoon always worked on other games as a download, it just never exported. And on the PS3 DLC is region exclusive, so NSTC DLC won't work on a PAL game. Kind of a weird trade when it comes to imported track packs. 360 can do the export, but PS3 can play the games themselves.

So, Monsoon, a song that doesn't export from licensing issues is still legally playable on RB3 but Rock 'n' Roll Star and Hier kommt Alex, songs that did export for the Rock Band platform aren't allowed to be played in recent games.

Yeah, I don't get it.

I'm not even sure why I get so worked up about Monsoon. It's far from the most interesting song to play, but I still wish it transferred over. I guess it's just based on principle. Half "they get it, why don't we?" half "I can't think of a valid reason why it doesn't export". I'm not even sure if I'd pay for it if it was re-released at a cost (I'd rather they patch in the other songs again) but still, it's just...I don't get it. At this point it must just be too late to care because sales won't be over the roof as they used to be.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: