FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Which guitar to get?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joru007  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:24 am    Post subject: Which guitar to get? Reply with quote

I live in europe and I currently have gh2 and gh3 for the 360, but I only have the xplorer since I bought gh3 as a standalone game (didn't have enough money at the time). I'm going to buy rock band when it eventually comes to europe but currently my xplorer has a kinda busted whammy and I want to play guitar hero coop with a friend so I need a second guitar and I'm wondering if it's worth to buy the les paul for £44.99 (something around 90 US dollars) or should I just wait for rock band and the stratocaster? which guitar do you prefer, the strat or the les paul and are the solo buttons really useful? Thanks.
Lloyd1337  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Strat is complete garbage. Don't get it.

Seriously, before I got my Xplorer, I thought I sucked at RB. But with the Xplorer I had no trouble 5* every song on expert.

When I played online with the Strat in score battle, I was embarrased at how bad I did, and people kept telling me to play on easy and stuff. But with the Xplorer find myself winning most of the time. Or at least, being able to do anything that requires any sort of rhythmic strumming.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Lloyd1337 PSN Name: Lloyd1337
Bassani  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its all personal pref. I myself love the Strat ( If they didnt break so easy ) I like the quiet strum, I like the bigger buttons, I like that you can slide easier on the buttons, and I love the solo buttons. So if anyone ever asks me, I say the Strat, some ppl absolutely cant stand the Strats, but for me, I cant stand the GH controllers, they just feel too much like toys to me.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/bassanisquickplay
raunch99 wrote:
Congratulations! This accomplishment will go unmatched for quite some time I'd imagine.
Caboose1984  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Explorer FTW. Never failed for me.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can find a Les Paul that works well, that's your best choice, IMO. If you ever experience loss of button responsiveness, just pad the connection between the neck and the body. The buttons are soft, the select button is nicely placed, the tilt sensor works, strum bar is pretty solid, all around my favorite guitar.
qirex  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I'm reading your question correctly, you want to play co-op on GH2/GH3 and you're not sure if it's worth getting another guitar now, or waiting for the strat?

You can NOT use the strat on the GH games. It doesn't work. You *can* use the GH guitars for RockBand (on the 360, not for PS3)

So from a "thrift" standpoint - you'd be better off with a Les Paul or an X-plorer. Of the two, I strongly prefer the wireless LP, but that's mainly because it's wireless and I like the freedom of movement that comes with that.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I would recommend the LP over the Strat (since you are on 360), but to each his own.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the answers, and to qirex - I know that the strat doesn't work with gh but when I get rock band I don't intend to play anymore gh coop, so that wouldn't be a problem. I'm propably going to buy the les paul and hope I get a good one .
boredathome  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wait, so if i got a guitar for GH i couldn't use it with my rock band on PS3? i guess i need to know more info before i invest in a PS3. anyone care to help me out, i just sold my PS2 so i could make the upgrade, i know my instruments will work for PS3 but now i'm hesitant to get it if all i can use is the strat.
beingmused about the strat wrote:
beingmused wrote:
Everyone should be happy with them, except those that demand a clicky strum bar (which I've never understood. When watching videos, it always makes me cringe when people have clicky strumbars...it sounds like someone is playing Hungry Hungry Hippos nearby).
qirex  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boredathome wrote:
wait, so if i got a guitar for GH i couldn't use it with my rock band on PS3? i guess i need to know more info before i invest in a PS3. anyone care to help me out, i just sold my PS2 so i could make the upgrade, i know my instruments will work for PS3 but now i'm hesitant to get it if all i can use is the strat.

Correct - on the PS3 you cannot (currently) use the Les Paul controller with Rock Band. When the game first came out, there was talk of patches and blocked patches and conspiracies (there's quite a few threads in the Hardware forum from when the game first came out, if you want to get the whole story), but I haven't kept up with the progress (since I don't have a PS3).

Brief synopsis on wikipedia

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate Rock Band Guitar/Bass because I'm a PS3 user and and am forced to use the Strat. I only play GH3 now if I want to play guitar.

I will leave it at that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: