FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
VGS + PSS things

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GameZelda  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:55 pm    Post subject: VGS + PSS things Reply with quote

First of all, I've tried to add one VGS version 2 (the version used in GH2) replacing one preview VGS of a song... and it worked ! That makes me think if RB VGS files (version 4) are just a different format or are encrypted, but anyway VGS 2 works

The problem actually is that I can't find any tool to encode PSS files that work in RB. PSS Plex is the only tool that I've found to encode PSS files, but it automatically tries to decompress/compress the audio, so it doesn't work with M2V + VGS files.

I also haven't found any info about the format, and I haven't any idea about the file format

I suppose that I can make one custom that works in practice mode, since the VGS is separate (not in a PSS), so I only will need to make the VGS (6 tracks, I suppose that I could make it even with GHex), and to make the custom mid normally just changing the speed of the notes to play like 100% in practice mode (note position * 10/7, I think...)

Any idea or help?

GH:WT-PS2 Customization Progress
[100%] Make it work (w/songs loading) in a DVD5 (thanks psychospacefish!)
[100%] Modify audio (Finally done 25/11/2008)
[100%] Modify charts (Done 26/11/2008! Customs finally )
kdb424  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish I could help, but I have no idea about audio. It sounds like you are on the right path if you can get custom audio in the game. Good luck. I'm sure that someone will figure it out.
Ihatecompvir  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:06 pm    Post subject: Re: VGS + PSS things Reply with quote

GameZelda wrote:
First of all, I've tried to add one VGS version 2 (the version used in GH2) replacing one preview VGS of a song... and it worked ! That makes me think if RB VGS files (version 4) are just a different format or are encrypted, but anyway VGS 2 works

The problem actually is that I can't find any tool to encode PSS files that work in RB. PSS Plex is the only tool that I've found to encode PSS files, but it automatically tries to decompress/compress the audio, so it doesn't work with M2V + VGS files.

I also haven't found any info about the format, and I haven't any idea about the file format

I suppose that I can make one custom that works in practice mode, since the VGS is separate (not in a PSS), so I only will need to make the VGS (6 tracks, I suppose that I could make it even with GHex), and to make the custom mid normally just changing the speed of the notes to play like 100% in practice mode (note position * 10/7, I think...)

Any idea or help?

GZ, you could silence the VGS(maybe delete or blank it?) then just add the audio onto the PSS(like the intro movie) and it should play fine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: