FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Song you most regret purchasing.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ShadoWolf  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silly wrote:
inv4der wrote:
If the quality of the music is as big an issue as it seems from this thread, I have no idea why Chaotrope is popular.

We're all channelling fudrick and playing it muted.
#fudrickswag
Look, someone actually had to point out that singing "solo" meant singing alone. This is why we allow people to work registers at McDonald's that can't make change and it makes me want to run my face under a belt sander. For the love of tits, how can you be on the internet in 2012 and not think "maybe I can Google this word I should have learned in first grade before making a thread about it".
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: ShadoWolf2971
Exxucus  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregoryZero wrote:
expertwin wrote:
singemfrc wrote:
Except the RB chart is much better

But GH is far superior in sound quality, obviously.

I feel that sound quality really isn't something that most consider to be the important thing in rhythm games. Even though it is, in one way or another, an essential part of the game, I want to say charts and the songs themselves are often considered more important.

True, but there are cases where it does matter, especially if it's a song that you bought because you liked the song. I tend to scroll over the QotSA DLC a lot simply because the audio is so poor.

How Awesome GHWoR Is wrote:
Yeah they were. It's amazing how I had an almost naked lady rubbing her boobs on my head (I'm the drummer in the video) and I was like "Hey GTFO I'm trying to play".
BeachBum187  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Death In General - Gigakoops

My friend was telling me how stupid this song was, so I just had to see for myself. Man did he one-up me on that one. The song sounds so funny just the thought of listening to it makes me burst out in laughter. Playing it on any instrument is pretty annoying, and it's impossible to GS on vox.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Almost every Chaotrope song, but most of all Nevermore by Morbid Angel. The hell was I even smoking thinking I could strum that fast for that long? Fuck that song, I literally deleted it right after playing it once.

View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: moomandw
Yusuke  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Child in Time.

Guitar is charted poorly (IMO), drums are painful, which (IMO) is not fun, keys are beyond my reach, and vocals and bass arent engaging enough for me.

Case of I love the song to death yet I just can't bring myself to play it.

smokyprogg  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

inv4der wrote:
If the quality of the music is as big an issue as it seems from this thread, I have no idea why Chaotrope is popular.

I'm pretty sure that no one is lying to themselves about playing Chaotrope for any reason other than they want stupid pattern customs on RB.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suck My Kiss. Pure torture on vocals.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: PlexShaw PSN Name: PlexShaw Wii Friend Code: 5941308033072690
ilblud91  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoy listening to Chaotrope for the most part. .___.
Quazifuji  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

inv4der wrote:

I think it just depends on what people are looking for in the song. I think most people who purchased Last Resort purchased it for the song itself (they liked the song, they had nostalgia for the song, they thought it would be good for parties, etc), so when they didn't like the re-recorded vocals that completely defeated the purpose of buying the song in the first place. On the other hand, while some people do in fact like the way Chaotrope sounds, their songs are clearly ones that people buy much more for the charts. And for people who are looking for a challenge, the charts can be pretty fun, so that's why they end up being popular.
Nubnut  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^^^

This man speaks the truth, and I will say; at least Chaotrope tries to have some semblance melodic well being... Gigakoops on the other hand, dear god that drum solo makes me cringe every time.
"THERE IS A DREAM I AM LIVING
THERE IS A LIFE I AM DREAMING OF"
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Gavesit
-Magnum-  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xenigma wrote:
I've regretted too many song purchases to count, yet none can really contend with the awfulness that was Nihilanth. I wasn't even going to buy it, but there was some contest or something and I ended up with instant regret. Terrible song, absurdly difficult, just isn't fun on anything. Ironically, it makes me appreciate Absolute all the more; hard to believe that song comes from the same band, because it is worlds better.

Thanks!

I think...

But yeah, I would just like to take this opportunity to again apologize for Nihilanth... well, certain aspects of it anyway (like the first 2-and-half minutes). My 15-year old self was not quite the songwriter I (or the rest of the band) am now. Glad you enjoyed Absolute, though...

P.S. YOU SHOULD TOTALLY BUY OUR DEBUT ALBUM WHICH IS COMING OUT APRIL 10TH! HAHAHA BLATANT ADVERTISING FTW

[X] Top 100 in a song (Soothsayer - #32)
..... (Exo Politics - #99)

The Ultimate Bonus Songs Guide
Anatomizing The Cliffs Of Dover - 5* & FC Guide
Beast And The Harlot - Expert - 5* Guide
Stricken Guide v.1.1
Megashot  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only song(s) I regret purchasing was the first pack of Spinal Tap songs. It included "Stonehenge", "Back From the Dead", "Warmer Than Hell", and "Rock N' Roll Nightmare". At first I thought they were fun to play, but the novelty quickly wore out. I almost never play these songs, same goes for "Short and Sweet" from Lego RB.

I kind of wish that I never got these tracks, I never was a huge fan of Spinal Tap to begin with. Oh well, I guess when I got it I figured I wanted to try something new. It didn't work out so well.

Proud owner of every Guitar Hero and Rock Band game! Rock on!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Cool223 PSN Name: Megashot
machetemonkey  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Megashot wrote:
The only song(s) I regret purchasing was the first pack of Spinal Tap songs. It included "Stonehenge", "Back From the Dead", "Warmer Than Hell", and "Rock N' Roll Nightmare". At first I thought they were fun to play, but the novelty quickly wore out. I almost never play these songs, same goes for "Short and Sweet" from Lego RB.

I kind of wish that I never got these tracks, I never was a huge fan of Spinal Tap to begin with. Oh well, I guess when I got it I figured I wanted to try something new. It didn't work out so well.

See, I was the opposite. I came in loving spinal tap, and I expected that once the novelty wore off they would drop out of my regular rotation. After playing them a bunch, the original novelty wore mostly off, but I was left with songs with pretty decent charts that I continue to play regularly.

funny how these things work.
emsegs  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Want It All. Nowhere close to fun on anything.
ShadoWolf  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

emsegs wrote:
I Want It All. Nowhere close to fun on anything.
Really? I found it fun on Guitar and Keys. Unless it's the RB2 version, in which case "Really? I found it fun on Guitar."

The keys part is fun for the same reason Dragonforce songs are fun. It's crazy, but a good way to get your skills up. Also Queen is fucking awesome
Look, someone actually had to point out that singing "solo" meant singing alone. This is why we allow people to work registers at McDonald's that can't make change and it makes me want to run my face under a belt sander. For the love of tits, how can you be on the internet in 2012 and not think "maybe I can Google this word I should have learned in first grade before making a thread about it".
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: ShadoWolf2971
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 9 of 12

Jump to: