FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Meuterei's X-Guitar with a crap hand (and some vox YAY) - RB3 Edition
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Meuterei  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rock Band 3!!!

No gold stars to report yet, but I think I got close with my sight read of Plush. It's got some tricky chords and a couple fast parts that I'll need a few tries to get through.

It may take a while though, since I'm planning on voxtaring it and several other songs.

Also, if I can scratch up the cash I might actually get the keyboard. If so, that might end up being my new instrument of choice. I could never do pro guitar (and that thing is insanely expensive) but pro keys just might be doable. Hell, if I can type almost 200 words a minute, I can learn to play a keyboard

The only problem is that the flexibility issue with my left ringfinger/pinky may come into play. I'm not sure.

"I amuse myself in my very own private hell"
- Jerry Cantrell
blingdomepiece  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meuterei wrote:
The only problem is that the flexibility issue with my left ringfinger/pinky may come into play. I'm not sure.

You're not really supposed to use both hands much so I don't think it would hinder you much unless it prevents you from activating OD. I say go for it when the time is right.
Meuterei  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I ended up trading in some shit and got the keyboard with mostly store credit. This is AWESOME... I just wish more songs had parts for it.

For now I'm not really guitaring at all... I'm on hard keys and working to break into expert. The biggest pain of the transition, obviously, is that, like any synthesizer/piano/etc you must release the keys between notes. While that's kind of a no-brainer, the mechanics of playing a plastic guitar are so drilled into my head that I'm having to constantly remind myself to release and re-press the keys.

Not doing pro yet, but one day I may give it a whirl.

Right now I'm still debating the pros/cons of playing the keyboard on a stand vs. doing the "keytar" thing with the strap over my shoulder. I do a little better with it strapped but that will make the pro keys transition 100 times harder if I make a habit of this.

The hardest thing I've encountered so far is that long stretch of Free Bird where you're constantly dealing with this:

(a couple chords)

(a couple more chords)

There's one particularly long stretch of that which I've yet to survive (I think it's the YO, but it could all just be running together in my head). My best run so far failed at 77%.

That happens at warp speed and even my good hand doesn't seem to like to move that fast. I'm almost debating trying to use one hand for the chord and alternate with the other doing the single (the first five keys work as well as the highlighted ones) but that really won't help me any in the flexibility department, it would just be a crutch. For that, obviously, I have to use the stand.

I'm getting through everything else with decent numbers for my second day playing (Got 95% on Light My Fire and 92% on Bohemian Rhapsody on Hard today), but the faster stuff is going to take a bit more practice. Also, I need to make a point to remember I have this thing called a 'thumb' and if I actually used it more, I would have much less problem with things like .

Still, I'm happy I was able to jump right up to hard without any real trouble. Expert, on the other hand... well, that may take a while.

I've never played keyboards/piano/anything, so this is a totally new experience.

Also, "Need You Tonight" is the most pointless thing ever on keys, regardless of difficulty. It's worse than "So What'cha Want" was on bass. I now officially have my first gold star on expert keys, but to be honest this shouldn't even count as an accomplishment

P.S. your new avatar is hilarious, bling ...I want to play Vuvuzela hero!!

- Jerry Cantrell
Meuterei  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gave the keyboard to my cousin who is a piano player and now we're playing online here and there, so I'm back to guitar with some occasional vocals (basically when I can get away with singing and not waking up half the neighborhood.)

Oh, and I moved to New York, got a new place, a new job, all that stuff... which is why I've been gone for about a year! Wheee!

No new content for the thread yet... it seems I've accumulated quite a bit of rust that must be shaken off. *cracks knuckles* Let's do this.

- Jerry Cantrell
Meuterei  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Egad. The rust. It burns us. It burnnnssssss...

- Jerry Cantrell
Meuterei  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Balls, I clicked the wrong button and had to go back to get pics of this.

GS #29!

I retreated back into the easier songs to get the hang of this crap again. And this is my first entry into RB3 scoring, so I guess I've got a lot of work to do.

- Jerry Cantrell
Meuterei  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, I wish I could remember when I did this... but I know it was me because no one else has played X-guitar on my PS3.

I guess this is the real #29.

- Jerry Cantrell
Meuterei  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will FC this dammit. Silly mistakes.

But still, GS #31:

- Jerry Cantrell
Meuterei  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE "HEY MOO DID SOME VOCALS" POST

Pro Tip: Don't cough while singing. This happens when you do:

Not counting this toward my GS total. Maybe I'll do a different section of the OP for vocals. Before I came to this site two years ago I was the full time singer in a platinum band, and if I went back to count them all I'd probably have 400+ GS/FC's on vox. Not going to even TRY to figure it out.

edit:

What is it with me and 99's on STP songs? Also, this is literally the only score for D&B on vocals in the RB3 engine on PS3. So for the time being I get to laugh at the fact that I'm #1 without a FC. Of course now someone's going to come along and beat it

Sir, please step out of the car. This is the 99 police and we have a warrant for your arrest:

Kids, this is what smoking does to you. MY VOICE CRACKED. Still, it's FUCKING POWERFUL (and NO, I did NOT drop any octaves, I UNLEASHED THE DRAGON)

Not bad for a 32-year-old who's been smoking since 1993. :P I could FC this if I DID drop octaves but seriously, where's the fun in that? Master Exploder is no fun if your voice isn't FUCKING POWERFUL

Ok seriously I'm about to start a 99% vocals club.

- Jerry Cantrell
Meuterei  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did some fun things today on BQP.

God damn I love being able to sing again.

- Jerry Cantrell
xGaberadex  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're awesome. Keep up the cool stuff

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lolbassist on Free Bird. Great job with those vocal FCs, and I know your pain with the 99%s on STP songs. It's also nice to see more PS3 players around the site, so thanks for the reappearence.

You will FC Learn To Fly. I guarantee it.

zage1337, in my accomplishments thread wrote:
Ever since I started Blitz I played the silver ball
From Thrasher down to One Vision, I've must've played them all
but you aint seen nothing like him in any song at all
that malkieriking SURE PLAYS A MEAN PINBALL
Meuterei  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, the PS3 scene is so quiet. There are nights where I can't even find anyone on BQP!! RB2 Plat Vocalist Looking For Band! I'll learn anything!

- Jerry Cantrell
Beliskner  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I play on the PS3 but usually I just play Solo and maybe with some friends like LoAlexandria who is an awesome PRO Keyboarder or g1xone who is a crazy guitarist lol.
I play drums most of the time and sometimes PRO Bass so if you're interested in playing with me just add me on the PSN my nick is Beliskner999
Meuterei  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

God fucking dammit I ran out of breath during one of those long sustains

It was almost the perfect SR

Also picked up the actual 100% FC on Plush instead of the weirdo 99% FC but the score was lower by about 3k due to a shit path.

I know it's been a while since I've had a guitar update here but most of my RB time has been spent on vocals and when I have actually played guitar I've been pretty bad. I didn't play much at all for that whole year I was off the forums and the rust, oh god the rust. Nothing new to report, sadly.

Also, wow. I've edited the OP 93 times. Hell, I only have 93 posts here.

- Jerry Cantrell
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Accomplishments All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: