FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Meuterei's X-Guitar with a crap hand (and some vox YAY) - RB3 Edition
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Meuterei  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:18 am    Post subject: Meuterei's X-Guitar with a crap hand (and some vox YAY) - RB Reply with quote

BIG OL' EDIT 3:
I'm back to guitar/vox, mostly because my cousin (who also plays piano) now has my keyboard so the two of us can play online. I wish I could just sing full time, I'm a freakin' plat vocalist but I'm in an apartment where I just can't unleash the dragon and my voice is ...well... FUCKIN' POWERFUL. I'll still sing a bit here and there though when no one's home next door.

I imported everything into RB3 but I'm not going to bother trying to re-gold stuff with the RB3 score changes - it's basically time to reboot this shit.

RB3 Score Page! Yes, it's very empty right now.

Still, I'm going to leave the OP intact for the most part, and just keep on updating like I always did (poorly and sporadically, haha). Also, I'm going to leave the introduction alone just in case anyone picks up on the thread that hasn't seen it before.

--The OP from January 2010:

Hi. I'm Meuterei... most people on these ol' internets just call me Moo. This is a thread about how an old guy with a messed up hand learned how to play expert guitar (albeit poorly.)

I kinda got stabbed some odd years ago with an icepick in what has become my fret hand (because I simply CANNOT play on lefty flip) and it took forever to even get this far.

I failed incessantly when I first moved up to hard, and even more when I first moved up to expert... where I still regularly fail anything over about 4*. Some of these charts just don't agree with the nerve damage in my fingers, and it shows, haha.

So a little over two weeks ago, I decided I'd start using my account that I registered back in, what, summer of '08?

See, it's only in the last couple months I've really broken into expert and been able to do anything without major suckage. Then on New Year's Day, 2010, something REALLY COOL happened!

I farted off on Quickplay while I had a lasagna in the oven, playing my favorite song in the game: Black Hole Sun. Then all of a sudden I saw these five shiny gold stars. Shock and awe.

It took a couple days before I saw those again playing solo... but it did happen. Then, on Saturday, January 16th, I pulled 3 in one day! (That's What You Get, Mississippi Queen, and Closer)

Easy songs, I know, but hell.. I never expected to get this far to begin with. Soooo, I figure it's worth a shot to see how many more I can pick up.

Here's the spot where I'll keep the latest & greatest:
Starting off RB3 with a lot of rust to shake off but here goes nothing:

(8 Nov 2011)

I am apparently the KING OF 99

(2 Dec 2011)

Guitar GS so far: (31)
Black Hole Sun
Pork And Beans (First FC!)
Beverly Hills (SR GS, haha)
Today
That's What You Get
Mississippi Queen
Closer
Song 2 (Also FC 2 )
Losing My Religion
I Was Wrong
Pretend We're Dead (FC #3)
White Rabbit
In Bloom (SR GS #2)
I Think I'm Paranoid
Hungry Like The Wolf (FC #4)
Monster (Skillet, not the Lego one. FC #5)
Don't Look Back In Anger
Orange Crush
Time We Had (SR)
Here It Goes Again (SR)
Sweetness & Light
Polly
Live Forever
Your Decision (Vocal FC, BQP FC, Voxtar GS, There's even a Shitty YouTube of the Voxtar GS!)
Gone Away
Rooster
Word Up!
New Kid In School
---Rock Band 3 Starts Here---
Rockstar
Still Alive
Learn To Fly

Vocals Rebooted for GS funsies (Whee I can sing again sometimes! - I miss it since it's by far my best "instrument" in this game)
Plush (99% and a funny choke, literally - I coughed)
Dead and Bloated (another damn 99)
Sex Type Thing
Master Exploder
21st Century (Digital Boy)
Crazy Train (FC)
Free Bird (FC)
Aesthetics of Hate (FC)
Ghost of Perdition
Blurry (FC)
So Cold (FC)
Losing My Religion (FC)
Nearly Lost You
Oceans
Photograph
Rooster
Figured You Out
Heaven Beside You
Blow Up The Outside World (FC)

Some other neat (recent) stuff:
Failed Free Bird at 77% (H Keys) - this is the furthest I've made it so far.
4* Bohemian Rhapsody (H Keys) - I bet this is a nightmare on expert.
8 or 9 songs 5*'d on H Keys, Need You Tonight FC on X Keys (this isn't really an accomplishment, that song is the easiest thing in the history of Rock Band)
5* Psychosocial (HOLY SHIT!)
4* Colony of Birchmen
4* Empire of the Gun - first Impossible 4
5* Spoonman!
5* Wanted Dead or Alive
Within striking distance of GS on The Perfect Drug, Territorial Pissings, Pretty Noose and Welcome Home... stay tuned!

For the curious, here's my old RB2 score page link. The first 28 Golds are in there as well as some funny stuff like my awful sight read of We Die Young and my sneezing fit during We Are The Champions.

I haven't updated my DLCQuickplay page in eons, but here's what I've got, content wise:
Discs: RB3, RB2, The Beatles
Imports: RB2, RB1 and Lego. I traded the RB1 & Lego discs off for gamestop credit (Helped me buy the keyboard! ) but I still have the RB2 disc to play online with some friends who don't have RB3. I'll probably be keeping it.
About 280 songs of DLC, mostly 90s alternative stuff, hard rock, metal and a few random songs I saw the charts for on youtube and figured they'd be fun to play.

If you get bored and want to jam sometime, I play on PS3 and my PSN handle is Meuterei_Z - but I should warn folks that I often leave Rock Band running on my PS3 when I'm not actually playing (I rarely, if ever, turn the thing off), so if I don't respond it's not because I'm ignoring you, I've just left it on again.

Anyways, I'll update as I go. Who knows, I may actually get good at this game.

Edit to add: If this isn't really on par with what's considered achievements, feel free to close the thread/point and laugh/etc. Please don't ban me?

Edit 2: I guess I should update stuff in this post, huh?

Last edited by Meuterei on Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:32 am; edited 96 times in total
bignate1011  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:41 am    Post subject: Re: Meuterei's dubious "achievements" thread Reply with quote

Meuterei wrote:

Edit to add: If this isn't really on par with what's considered achievements, feel free to close the thread/point and laugh/etc. Please don't ban me?

Don't let anyone tell you your achievement isn't an achievement. I think your story's awesome and hopefully you'll keep going. You never know how good you'll get.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, and yeah, I'll try to keep up with it as I can

In the meantime,

The only way I can describe this one is... well...

WOOOOO-HOOOOO

Got back on right after that and -1'd Losing My Religion, woot
In the zone today, I think.
MehPlusRawr  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck!

I'm glad that you're getting better! I think you might get some crazy stuff done one day if you keep trying!
sportsboy85  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Epic achivements my man.
Meuterei  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys

The other big thing I've been working on is trying to 5-star Wanted Dead or Alive, and twice now I've come within 3000 points (just pulled 84909, and apparently the cutoff is just below 87k)

The song's a freaking killer, but my major sticking point is that I refuse to "cheat" (no strumming! ...until I miss and HAVE to strum, that is) on the series of taps that shows up like 6 times or so. I'll be doing that series in practice a bit more today and we'll see what happens.

This song is so freakin' hard that a 5 on it would almost beat those GS's on the "holy crap" scale in my book (well... except maybe Black Hole Sun, it's the only one that isn't Tier 1, lol) even if it obviously won't be as shiny and pretty.

Edit: No...freakin...waaaaay.

Last edited by Meuterei on Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
bisq  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep it up man...Old Guys FTW

Straight J.U.I.C.E. Accomplishments
My Twitter / My Facebook
All DLC for RB2 and TBRB and RBN (ps3)
Vineboy  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty soon you'll be playing Nightmare/Impossible tier in no time. Keep up the good work.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: Darth Fizz
twistedoak  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job, and any achievement is simply awesome! Keep up the great work and you'll get your goals (like wanted dead or alive).

by the by, how old are you if you don't mind me asking? I'm 33 and consider old to be in the 60's or higher.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow congratulations! This is really a great story. Glad to hear your living out your fake plastic rock and roll dreams Gratz on the FC!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fact you're playing this game at all after being stabbed in the hand in the first place shows dedication.
And yeah the accomplishment thread is for what YOU consider an achievement...not us. So don't worry about the mods they won't do anything
Nice job on wanted dead or alive but If you want to GS the song tapping might be an option for the fast triplets near the end of the song. If you can get those under star power then a lot of points would come your way and you would have a much greater chance of achieving those shiny gold stars

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

twistedoak wrote:

by the by, how old are you if you don't mind me asking? I'm 33 and consider old to be in the 60's or higher.
Oh hell, I'm only 30... but I *feel* old. Especially on game sites and such, where most everyone seems to be 15-20.

As for the hand, that was back in 1997, but it never healed right, because I didn't have insurance for surgery. Protip: Don't piss off a meth head, especially if he's super paranoid (he thought I stole his stash.) Let's just say I've had a ... colorful past. All that is years behind me now.

Basically, my fingers just don't cooperate or move very fast independently of each other (pinky and ringfinger especially, the icepick went between them.) That's why my biggest problem is fast chord changes/alternations (think Pinball Wizard intro, Oceans chorus, We Die Young, PORCH -ugggghhh, Porch... etc.)

As for updates, I just cranked up another 17k on Sweetness and Light. I don't know where the cutoff is, but I can't be much further now. If I can just maintain 8x through the chords when my overdrive is up, I think I can get it.
Thom1234  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep up the good work. It's amazing that you can even play Rock Band, let alone on Expert. Good luck on the Sweetness and Light/Wanted Dead or Alive GS's!
bisq  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meuterei wrote:
twistedoak wrote:

Oh hell, I'm only 30... but I *feel* old. Especially on game sites and such, where most everyone seems to be 15-20.

As for the hand, that was back in 1997, but it never healed right, because I didn't have insurance for surgery. Protip: Don't piss off a meth head, especially if he's super paranoid (he thought I stole his stash.) Let's just say I've had a ... colorful past. All that is years behind me now.

Basically, my fingers just don't cooperate or move very fast independently of each other (pinky and ringfinger especially, the icepick went between them.) That's why my biggest problem is fast chord changes/alternations (think Pinball Wizard intro, Oceans chorus, We Die Young, PORCH -ugggghhh, Porch... etc.)

As for updates, I just cranked up another 17k on Sweetness and Light. I don't know where the cutoff is, but I can't be much further now. If I can just maintain 8x through the chords when my overdrive is up, I think I can get it.

Hey you sound a lot like me...I mean similar ages and 'colorful' pasts as well as a pinky and ring finger that don't want to move independently (although I didn't have any icepick stabbed into me thank god). I also have trouble with chord changes which is one reason I took up playing bass. Im getting better at them though.

Keep at it!! It may seem daunting when younger people seem like they can breeze through something when your wrist or arm might be in pain but trust me, it does get easier over time.

Straight J.U.I.C.E. Accomplishments
My Twitter / My Facebook
All DLC for RB2 and TBRB and RBN (ps3)
blingdomepiece  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey dude, I am old as well. I always laugh when I submit a guitar score here and it isn't last place . I see you're beating me on a few songs so feel free to use me as an unofficial rival. Keep it up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Accomplishments All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: