FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Future DLC: Coldplay, Stevie Wonder, Breaking Benjamin and...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Icemage  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bront wrote:
yakityyakblah wrote:
A good rule of thumb is that if you're going to post your opinion, you should attempt to elaborate on it a bit. "This sucks" is not a discussion. "I don't like this for these reasons" is a discussion.
This advice sucks!

;)

But yes, it's hard to argue with "this sucks", but that hardly makes it an argument of merit.

What's irritating are these people that just chime in with something inane like "meh", particularly in announcement threads like this or the DLC threads.

There's absolutely no productive direction to go from a comment like that; they might as well be advertising for online Chinese shoe retailers for all the difference it makes to the quality of discussion. Simply saying "this song/artist is terrible" without qualifying it with WHY you think it is terrible is just as bad as posting random spam as far as I'm concerned.
Blehgopie  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nubnut wrote:
To add to rampant speculation, Rush is now on Roadrunner as well.

This would excite me, but I literally have no interest in Rush beyond Signals, save for a small handful of songs.

nextlevel88  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could the Dream Theater DLC be related to this instead of the new album?

http://www.dreamtheater.net/board_posts/metropolis-pt-2-scenes-from-a-memory-to-be-released-on-vinyl

Maybe they meant "single" album! Maybe! Could be!

Or maybe not…

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would prefer something from the new DT album to be honest. I really like Portnoy, but Mangini is a perfect fit for the band and the new album is really good.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know, Dream Theater etc. bla bla, I'm more excited for the possibility of SIR DUKE, HELL YEAH
youhas  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dAgnArUs wrote:
I'm more excited for the possibility of SIR DUKE, HELL YEAH

You and me both. I mean, I'm fine with Dream Theater and all that. And songs like "Signed, Sealed, Delivered" and "Superstition" would be the obvious low-hanging choices for Stevie Wonder, which I would also be broadly appreciative of. But "Sir Duke" is on my "songs I assumed I would never ever see in a rhythm game, where if it actually showed up I would be crazy-happy" roster of tracks. Keeping my fingers crossed over here!

Amusing the world 140 characters at a time: http://www.twitter.com/youhas
Parama  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have insider info by which I mean I am taking an educated guess and saying that the DT single will be On the Backs of Angels.

Which is eh. Most other songs would be more fun... I want to see Bridges in the Sky or Outcry, personally. But this is Rock Band we're talking about sooooo.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Parama wrote:
I have insider info by which I mean I am taking an educated guess and saying that the DT single will be On the Backs of Angels.

Which is eh. Most other songs would be more fun... I want to see Bridges in the Sky or Outcry, personally. But this is Rock Band we're talking about sooooo.
[citation needed]
Look, someone actually had to point out that singing "solo" meant singing alone. This is why we allow people to work registers at McDonald's that can't make change and it makes me want to run my face under a belt sander. For the love of tits, how can you be on the internet in 2012 and not think "maybe I can Google this word I should have learned in first grade before making a thread about it".
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: ShadoWolf2971
Bront  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShadoWolf wrote:
Parama wrote:

[citation needed]
His insider information is... his insides. Perhaps you'd like a picture of his colon for citation?

Songs: Just over 1000.
ShadoWolf  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bront wrote:
ShadoWolf wrote:
Parama wrote:

[citation needed]
His insider information is... his insides. Perhaps you'd like a picture of his colon for citation?
I would.
Look, someone actually had to point out that singing "solo" meant singing alone. This is why we allow people to work registers at McDonald's that can't make change and it makes me want to run my face under a belt sander. For the love of tits, how can you be on the internet in 2012 and not think "maybe I can Google this word I should have learned in first grade before making a thread about it".
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: ShadoWolf2971
Parama  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

like I said
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/On_the_Backs_of_Angels
educated guess

:I

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blehgopie wrote:
Nubnut wrote:
To add to rampant speculation, Rush is now on Roadrunner as well.

This would excite me, but I literally have no interest in Rush beyond Signals, save for a small handful of songs.

I've been holding my breath for Freewill for years. Oh, that guitar solo!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: vSully
Yusuke  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Parama wrote:
like I said
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/On_the_Backs_of_Angels
educated guess

:I

I think i lol'd a little bit.

ready2rock  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

isaacindahouse wrote:
Can't wait for that Dream Theater song. The rest is meh.

Wait, you just called Stevie Wonder "meh"?

Anyway, this sounds like a very nice lineup of artists to me. Definitely get Stevie, will get Coldplay if I'm familiar with the songs, skipping BB because I'm not as familiar with them, and I'll get Dream Theater if it's fun to play*.

*The way Scorehero is with DT, I feel I should clarify that it is tougher to get replay value out of an 8 minute song, and if they can pick a song that will do that, I will get it.

Also, yes, Sir Duke is an amazing song and would be so much fun on RB.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ready2rock wrote:
isaacindahouse wrote:
Can't wait for that Dream Theater song. The rest is meh.

Wait, you just called Stevie Wonder "meh"?

Anyway, this sounds like a very nice lineup of artists to me. Definitely get Stevie, will get Coldplay if I'm familiar with the songs, skipping BB because I'm not as familiar with them, and I'll get Dream Theater if it's fun to play*.

*The way Scorehero is with DT, I feel I should clarify that it is tougher to get replay value out of an 8 minute song, and if they can pick a song that will do that, I will get it.

Also, yes, Sir Duke is an amazing song and would be so much fun on RB.
Coldplay was released 2 weeks ago. A 6 pack with Clocks, The Scientist, Fix You, Viva La Vida, Yellow, and Every Teardrop is a Waterfall.

Songs: Just over 1000.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: