FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The Expert Vocalist One Stop Shop (Under new management!)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blingdomepiece  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mav1 wrote:
Why revive a thread like this? THERE IS NO POINT AT ALL TO THIS THREAD. EVERYONE HAS DIFFICULTIES ON DIFFERENT SONGS. THERE ISN'T A CONSENSUS. YOU CAN"T MAKE A LIST LIKE THIS CAUSE IT JUST WON'T WORK. IT WON"T

Don't post in all caps, please.
RushJunkie3  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RushJunkie3 wrote:
Thanks for adding Devil's Child. I honestly believe it should be AT LEAST top 15. Not many people have it or have tried it on vocals, but it is very challenging. All of the "oh no!" phrases are short, and they go from the bottom of the chart to the very top. These phrases require good memorization and would be easy for an average player, or even an expert player to miss. The song jumps octaves all over the song, with a lot of high notes and most of the phrases are only a few words. There are also a lot of mischartings which also make it even more difficult to try and remember to sing the pitches differently than heard. In general, this song is just all over the chart, takes a crazy amount of concentration to FC, and has quick slides from the top to the bottom of the chart/vice versa. The song is also 5 minues long.. but that argument would never stand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpqtdKQ4O58 Basically the entire song is completely crazy. Not much I can say. I would place this under songs with strange charting/mischarting at parts.

Remedy by Seether is also difficult. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJg18wlOlVk The main challenging things are the phrases in the chorus. The phrase is "and so we go" and "and tell yourself" 1:07 and 1:15. This happens in all the choruses. Would also put under charting issues.

The Most Beautiful Girl (In the Room) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnbysAJjzE4&feature=related The entire song is charted way off and strange. It just is not intuitive at all, and many of the phrases are only a few words, so if you miss one of those words, you may not hit the phrase, making it even more difficult.

Also, going by the video you posted for Fat Kid, the two hardest sections would be 1:14 and 2:07. These are the two "broken" phrases. The last pitches do not make any sort of sense whatsoever, so you have to remember it. For me, going into falsetto on those phrases helped me get them down faster. Also all the "Not bad for a fat kid" phrases are butchered horribly.

I almost forgot about Henrietta. This song has a "vocal solo" of sorts (shame it can't physically be a solo ) Anyways, the solo has two phrases that start all the way at the bottom of the chart. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCQQE00mXAQ The solo begins at 2:13.
The second phrase of the solo is the one mentioned. My advice would be to go up an octave. Hitting those 2 low notes will be the majority of the pie, and figuring out the rest of the phrases shouldn't be too difficult. As for the rest of the song, he sings pretty fast, but you can just mumble if you have trouble singing that fast. Just stay on your toes and you should be fine

I will come up with more as I think of them and post them, but these are some of the overlooked ones I wanted to mention.

Stays in my signature until another Rush album comes out as DLC.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: LeddyGee2112 PSN Name: LeddyGee2112
Steadysphere  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno if this would come under some sort of catagory as 'harmony mashing', but I'm sure you get my idea. I hope this description is satisfactory, sorry if it's a tad long.

Bohemian Rhapsody (Hardest parts - 3:25-4:26)

Though it's debateable as to whether this or Good Vibrations is the hardest on RB3, what you have here is one of the hardest songs in the entire RB series due to it's pitches, not broken talkies. The song has some of the slowest pie-filling in the series too, meaning you have to be on the ball with this song constantly.

Granted, most of the song, while difficult, is totally doable. If you know the song well, you can FC most of the song pretty easily, and if not, then you can adapt to the majorty of the song too. But one whole section pushes this into one of the hardest songs in the series.

The Bridge.

If HMX had just charted Mercury to this lead vocal part, the song wouldn't be incredibly hard. However, what they have done here is mish-mash multiple harmony parts, such as the high/low Gallieo parts during 3:35, to the solo vocal part. The bridge is all over the place, in terms of octaves, pitches and whatnot because you're basically singing all the parts of the choir.

In terms of FCing this monster, practice is probably you're best bet. I know it sounds silly, but this section is hard. It took me a space of 3 days to FC this song, with multiple hours just spent practicing this bridge. You can somewhat manipulate the octaves a bit, for example, you could sing the Gallieo part in the same pitch I believe, but it works to a point.

Also length is somewhat a factor in this song. You have 3 minutes of singing before the bridge, the bridge takes up about a minute, then the remainder 2 minutes of the song is plenty chokable. You need to keep focused once you FC the bridge, and play through it beforehand as well, so you dont FC the bridge and go into the last section of the song blind to what's coming next.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Low Life in the Fast Lane" needs to be added under the category of horrible charting. It's almost as bad as Fat Kid with almost everything wrong with it. Heres a video of the song in practice mode with guide pitch on.

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/16013141

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TimEbaysball wrote:
"Low Life in the Fast Lane" needs to be added under the category of horrible charting. It's almost as bad as Fat Kid with almost everything wrong with it. Heres a video of the song in practice mode with guide pitch on.

Wow, how the hell is this sort of garbage STILL getting past XNA approval?
MWcw709  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Icemage wrote:
TimEbaysball wrote:

Wow, how the hell is this sort of garbage STILL getting past XNA approval?

Sadly there are not that many people testing vocals 95% of the time. I would say vocals get tested on AVG 2/5 rounds of playtest and maybe another two looks during peer reviews. Also they look at tubing and not the pitch. There are some of us that does look at all the aspects of vocals pitch, errors in wording, tube lengths, ect.... but the handful of us that do this sorta thing can't get to all the songs going through playtest/review. Mainly do to Real Life.

Get your Portable ID!

Last edited by MWcw709 on Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:17 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: MWcw709 PSN Name: MWcw709
Iggy-Sparks  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if this has been discussed here but did anyone see that the first place was a glitcher (RB3 vocals career overall)
That's really bad, everybody should report this person so he gets banned.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: McDuboff
PlexShaw  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iggy-Sparks wrote:
I don't know if this has been discussed here but did anyone see that the first place was a glitcher (RB3 vocals career overall)
That's really bad, everybody should report this person so he gets banned.

Yes, I noticed he was climbing up the leaderboards ages ago and it was only relatively recently that he took 1st place. Part of the problem is that Harmonix don't really seem interested in doing anything about it, even though I've pointed out to them that he is blatantly cheating.

I always thought the "solo score in band play" idea was a bad one and I've been proved right in the most depressing way possible. With crap like this going on, it's hardly surprising that most of the top vocalists from the previous RB titles haven't bothered playing RB3 competitively.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: PlexShaw PSN Name: PlexShaw Wii Friend Code: 5941308033072690
MrWednesday  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the topic of difficult songs... I think there should be a brief mention of Unbelievable, which has the most insane taps I've ever seen. Lot of short-ish sections which follow VERY rapidly from voiced parts, all with very rapid pairs in them. It won't break combo, but failure to exercise extreme vigilance will cost you a lot of points.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: