FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Timmy and the Lords of the Underworld.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
phillyphan65  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 3:34 am    Post subject: Timmy and the Lords of the Underworld. Reply with quote

Good god do I suck at this song.

The only song besides RttH I haven't gold starred... and its because of that stupid main riff I hit about 10% of the time... I'm sure you know what I'm talking about if you've played the song.

Does anyone have any tips or tricks on hitting this section consistently?

GH2: 32/74 FC's
GH3: 40/70 FC's
WildcatTennis  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the part with all of the Ho/Po's? just try and hopo everything due to the messed-up timing window of rock band. practice, practice, practice.

#1 fan for AWG!... I need a life.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger PSN Name: WildcatTennis
Arkageon  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd recommend trying it on practice at a slower speed to get a feel for what exactly you're supposed to be doing. After you get it down and have it somewhat memorized it should be easier at full.
Revelus  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I first got Rock Band, I found this riff impossible to play. Absolutely nothing I did worked. Now, I have an FC on this song, from not much practice. Here's how I play the main riff.

1 1213141 1213141

Where blue signifies I hold the fret button down, and red signifies a slide down (i.e. sliding index from green to red).

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Revelus wrote:
When I first got Rock Band, I found this riff impossible to play. Absolutely nothing I did worked. Now, I have an FC on this song, from not much practice. Here's how I play the main riff.

1 1213141 1213141

Where blue signifies I hold the fret button down, and red signifies a slide down (i.e. sliding index from green to red).

another way around is to do it how I do it.
1 1213131 1213141
TMPNhndstnd  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

make sure you hold down the farthest left note (green for the beginning and red for the end).

i can't tap to save my life so the hardest part for me was making sure i pulled off the hammered note quick enough so that i hit the note i pulled off to (green or red) in time. most everyone can do the hammer-ons right, just practice pulling off immediately after you hammer every other note.

hope this helps
Adohu  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Revelus wrote:

1 1213141 1213141

This is the way I do it, and it works very well. This is probably your best bet.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I play it this way and hit it pretty consistently
1 1213142 2324241
I just extend my 4th finger a bunch
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: