FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
How different are the charts for the Queen RB3 Versions?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steadysphere  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:31 pm    Post subject: How different are the charts for the Queen RB3 Versions? Reply with quote

Basically, I'm about 3 songs away from FCing All the Queen songs I own. However, I do not own the RB3 versions of legacy songs (One Vision, Killer Queen etc.). I'm just wondering if this would count as me FCing all Queen songs, or whether the charts are drastically different and they won't count?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure what you mean by "don't count". They're separate charts so the game won't transfer your score to it if that's what you mean. They rechart lower difficulties based on their new standards, I think they allow all 5 lanes in easy difficulty now. They also add new stuff like drum fills, but the single largest difference is that the RB3 versions have keys (except for "We Will Rock You").
Steadysphere  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raynebc wrote:
I'm not sure what you mean by "don't count".

What I'm basically asking is whether the RB3 Versions of legacy charts have the same vocal chart, and therefore I wouldn't need to buy them to claim that I have FC'd all queen songs on vocals, or whether they have changes and that means unless I buy them, I haven't FC'd all Queen songs on vocals.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know why they would have changed the solo version vocal tracks, but I haven't compared them so I don't know. For the sake of vocals, I'm sure it's fine to say you FC'd them.
MasterNobody  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raynebc wrote:
I don't know why they would have changed the solo version vocal tracks, but I haven't compared them so I don't know.

Solo charting can be a little different when there are harmony parts involved. In the RB1/2 era there was a lot of mixed charting because there was only one vocal chart. Now that there are (with all the Queen songs at least) 3 separate pitch lines for harmony phrases, the solo chart will be more likely to follow the lead (blue) line than just between harmonies. A good example of this is the solo chart of Unholy Confessions by Avenged Sevenfold. In the choruses, there are a few parts where the guitarists sing a more prominent melody and the lead singer has a lower harmony, so the solo chart follows Shadows the whole time instead of jumping in between, for consistency with the blue harmony line.

Long story short, for Shane's sake, I know at least the Killer Queen charts are slightly different. So I suppose that means you can't claim all songs, but hey, you did the harder ones anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Under Pressure differs IIRC (that's the only song where I've played both). Both count, as far as I'm concerned.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: PlexShaw PSN Name: PlexShaw Wii Friend Code: 5941308033072690
XtremeNights  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed that on I Want It All there is a pitch change somewhere I think. Then at the end where the basically random words Freddy says are now talkies and no longer pitched. I think that Killer Queen has the octave change thing.

I am an Expert Vocalist, I have a lot of songs, 2011 to be exact. I have all main exports, including side ones.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: