FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
DLC Coming This Summer-SOAD, Poison, A7X,Soundgarden
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Abomstar  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will love it if we get two of the more frantic SOAD songs, and one of the slots isn't taken up by Aerials. It's alright, but its relative popularity has always thrown me.
b.vicious  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a curveball at you, the a7x song from nightmare could easily be Save Me. Think about it, a challenge on all instruments, keys are present throughout pretty much the whole song, 3 part harmonies throughout a lot of the song, and of course the insane guitars and drums that a7x usually provides. It wouldn't be the first 11 minute song we have. A lot of variety throughout the song, and a lot of which I'd consider to be personally fun.

If it's not save me, it's So Far Away, and if not So Far Away, It's Welcome To The Family. If it's anything other than those three songs I'll be vastly surprised.

It's hard to argue that the classic by A7x would be anything other than Unholy Confessions or A Little Piece of heaven. Some songs I'd like to see if it wasn't those would be Second Heartbeat, M.I.A., Chapter Four, or Unbound The Wild Ride (holy shit the keys would be nucking futs)

My Youtube Channel CHECK OUT MY GUITAR COVERS!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: bwakvicious
Shaftedofadown  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How could i forget? B.O.D. is so right. Ty Cobb is such a good song. they just need to release full albums of soundgarden dlc. albums that are actually really fun to sing on vox and play on drums? yeh.

BigFatBob wrote:
DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN, SUPERMAN, THOUGH. I ain't never seen a nigga puttin' a song on his back like that before, though!
Bront  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A7X I can pass on.

Poison is cool. Several songs I know of theirs I like, so I'd probably just grab a pack of them. I love me some hair metal (though I didn't care for much off of Dr Feelgood outside of the title track)

SOAD ... ugh. Can't stand them, but I know they're popular. The way it's worded, I have to wonder if it's just pro upgrades for 2 songs we already have, which would be cool and not cool at the same time.

Soundgarden - RB3 versions of Black Hole Sun and Spoonman please. For BHS, it'd be new to the Wii so Wii folks would be happy, and Spoonman could use harmonies badly. Those are the only 2 songs I'm very familiar with by Soundgarden, but I'd check out any others as well. As for being double charged, Spoonman didn't export, and while BHS did, it was $5 for the export and you still got it for a few years in RB2, so I don't see it as being a big deal. Besides, we'd get harmony upgrades for it too (I think there are harmonies there in the Chorus).

Songs: Just over 1000.
crash13  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My predictions:
Avenged Sevenfold: Welcome to the Family and Unholy Confessions
Poison: Every Rose Has It's Thorn, Nothin' but a Good Time, and Talk Dirty to Me
System of a Down: Aerials and Sugar (I want Hypnotize and Science though lol)
Soundgarden: Black Hole Sun (RB3 Version), Spoonman (RB3 Version), Rust Cage, Black Rain, Fell on Black Days, Blow Up the Outside World.
atiradorsp  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The very first song I suggested on the RB site was Soundgarden's Outshined.

I will be pretty pissed if we didn't get this song (wich I read somewhere was considered "Born to be Wild of the 90s").

GH/RB Platinums: RB2, RB3, BH, GH5, GHWoR
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobo111 wrote:
GuitarHailz wrote:
Is there even guitar in that song?
You're kidding... right?

Edit: Sorry if that came off a little rude, but I can clearly hear guitar in some parts. Not a lot, but it's definitely there.

Everyone is so snarky on ScoreHero now. :S Where a mere question becomes "LOL REALLY?" *sigh

I guess I never could hear the guitar. Maybe it's because I listen in my car and never with headphones, but all I hear is the backing instruments (brass, etc), bass, vocals, and drums. I figured it had to have guitar, since it's an A7X song, but the guitar part isn't exactly prominent.

I tried making a custom of it once, and gave up and just charted the brassy parts to guitar.

Wikipedia wrote:
It is a hard rock song but is influenced by Broadway show tunes, using primarily brass and stringed instruments to take over most of the role of the lead and rhythm guitar

Clearly, I'm an idiot. <_<

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
Hobo111  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarHailz wrote:
Hobo111 wrote:
GuitarHailz wrote:
Is there even guitar in that song?
You're kidding... right?

Edit: Sorry if that came off a little rude, but I can clearly hear guitar in some parts. Not a lot, but it's definitely there.

Everyone is so snarky on ScoreHero now. :S Where a mere question becomes "LOL REALLY?" *sigh

I guess I never could hear the guitar. Maybe it's because I listen in my car and never with headphones, but all I hear is the backing instruments (brass, etc), bass, vocals, and drums. I figured it had to have guitar, since it's an A7X song, but the guitar part isn't exactly prominent.

I tried making a custom of it once, and gave up and just charted the brassy parts to guitar. I must be teh stoopid, rite?
Yeah, that was a little bit uncalled for.

In this video

In the intro, at 0:23

At 1:45, maybe that's bass.

3:00, sure there's guitar there.

5:00, maybe that's bass.

5:59, pretty sure that's guitar, and it goes on for the rest of the song.
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only at the beginning and the end do I really hear it (mostly the end). The rest I honestly think is a bass.

But whatever, we won't get the song as DLC anyway.

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
TRiiG3RS  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah, every place he's listed there is guitar. Mostly chords and slow arpeggios, but definitely guitar.
BLABLAFU  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would LOVE to see Cigaro as one of SoaD's songs, but only if they don't censor Cock, as that is an animal.
haytradyl33  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best DLC announcement I've heard in a while. Mostly because of SOAD tho; I've been hoping for more from them since Rockband 2. Being realistic though, I think Arials, Hypnotize, Lonely Day, and Sugar are the most likely to be chosen.
BlueTornado  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Things are looking pretty good. I might need to get more points depending on what is released. Judging by artists, this'll be the best DLC in a while.

You have died of dysentery. Put in your sig if lemons.
Proud Christian: If you are a Christian, put this in your sig. Let's see how many Christians are on ScoreHero!
***My Accomplishments: 67 RB2 H Guitar FCs!***
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: BlueTornadoSH
Bront  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlueTornado wrote:
Things are looking pretty good. I might need to get more points depending on what is released. Judging by artists, this'll be the best DLC in a while.
Really, outside of maybe one or two weeks, this stretch since RB3 (and maybe even before) has been one of the best in Rock Band. We've gotten some popular new artists, some mega-hits from some big name bands, some mega-hits from lesser know bands, and a pretty good variety of genres. This summer stuff is pretty cool, but for name dropping the RB3 release stuff till the end of the year was better (I mean, Bon Jovi, The Doors, Rush, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Billy Joel, John Lennon, and Paul McCartney? Like it or not those are some pretty storied names in Rock).

Of course, if you like the stuff that's coming more, then that's fine too

Songs: Just over 1000.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: