FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
"I'm Not Down" First Broken Talkie In RB3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TimEbaysball  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:34 am    Post subject: "I'm Not Down" First Broken Talkie In RB3 Reply with quote

So when I was sightreading the London Calling album on Vocals yesterday I came across this song. It was an easy sightread up until the next to last talkie. It barely stronged for no reason I just kinda looked at the screen and laughed. There was no way the talkie should of dropped, I clearly made plenty of noise for the duration of the talkie. So I redid the song but this time making sure to yell as loud as I could. The talkie registered even worse. I then tried it again but this time held the mic up to the speakers at a loud volume. It registered yet even worse. So I take it into practice and turn the guide pitch on. Sure enough a pitch was actually charted somehow in the talkie that you can't visually see. I matched it to a keyboard, the note is a B. Easily FCed it after that.

Feel free to discuss about this matter. It may explain how talkies were broken in RB2, must be due to a programming error when Harmonix is charting. There have been a few badly charted songs on the RBN that I came close to starting a thread about but decided not to. I felt I should make a thread for this one since it is mainstream DLC.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's... interesting. I've never even used the pitch guide, what does it normally do for a talkie?
TimEbaysball  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bclare wrote:
That's... interesting. I've never even used the pitch guide, what does it normally do for a talkie?

There should be no noise at all during a talkie with guide pitch on. That's the point of it being a talkie is being able to make any noise to get it to go off. The thing about this talkie is it somehow had a pitch embedded in it somehow even though you can't see it on the screen. So when it came to that part of the phrase the guide pitch went off.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the talkie is not broken, just mischarted? You were able to fc the song after finding the pitch?

In rockband 2, songs like Inside Out were entirely broken... no pitch or noise would even budge the pie to fill, nothing was charted there at all.

Still it's sad to see these mistakes are still being made, it's a big FU to vocalists not to have QA that's worth anything.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried hitting it with other pitches? If you pay attention you can clearly see that all talkies in this game are treated exactly as pitch is treated, only instead of having a thin line you have a full bar that covers the screen. If you try to just make noise during most talkies they will strong, at least thats what i've noticed. Maybe this one is just harder to hit? just like some pitch phrases are harder to hit than others, even with a similar pitch pattern.
Go there for videos of Over Rated R Us featuring the amazing RJUCPU!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PR0FFESS0RJ0E
TimEbaysball  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

twistedoak wrote:
So the talkie is not broken, just mischarted? You were able to fc the song after finding the pitch?

In rockband 2, songs like Inside Out were entirely broken... no pitch or noise would even budge the pie to fill, nothing was charted there at all.

Still it's sad to see these mistakes are still being made, it's a big FU to vocalists not to have QA that's worth anything.

It's not totally broken yeah but it's mischarted. All you should have to do is make some kind of noise and get credit. But they want you to hit his pitch that you only know what it is by going to discover it in practice mode with guide pitch on.

ProffessorJoe wrote:
Have you tried hitting it with other pitches? If you pay attention you can clearly see that all talkies in this game are treated exactly as pitch is treated, only instead of having a thin line you have a full bar that covers the screen. If you try to just make noise during most talkies they will strong, at least thats what i've noticed. Maybe this one is just harder to hit? just like some pitch phrases are harder to hit than others, even with a similar pitch pattern.

I'm pretty sure the last part of the talkie can only be hit with the specified pitch that was charted for it. Even though it says its a talkie. I guess your right though, i'm going to actually hold a pitch during talkies from now on. That'll probably make them fill up easier.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TimEbaysball wrote:
I guess your right though, i'm going to actually hold a pitch during talkies from now on. That'll probably make them fill up easier.

i told you this the other day :P
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: LucasPWNS8907 PSN Name: TheyCallMeLucas
TimEbaysball  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucasPWNS8907 wrote:
TimEbaysball wrote:
I guess your right though, i'm going to actually hold a pitch during talkies from now on. That'll probably make them fill up easier.

i told you this the other day :P

Yeah I meant for regular songs to Joe. When you told me that the other day I was doing the all talkie Metal songs on RBN. It would be stupid to hold a pitch for an all talkie metal song.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So apparently, I came upon the same problem with the Queen RB3 Version pack. It was either "Play The Game" or "We Are The Champions" that definitely has a broken talkie...I haven't played both of them in awhile, but I remember I couldn't FC a part with a talkie for some strange reason and disregarded it :P Perhaps one of the two is actually the first mischarted talkie in RB?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xGaberadex wrote:
So apparently, I came upon the same problem with the Queen RB3 Version pack. It was either "Play The Game" or "We Are The Champions" that definitely has a broken talkie...I haven't played both of them in awhile, but I remember I couldn't FC a part with a talkie for some strange reason and disregarded it :P Perhaps one of the two is actually the first mischarted talkie in RB?

Are you sure it just wasn't the talkie glitch. I've FCed every vocal chart in Rock Band and I'm Not Down", as explained in the OP, is the only chart that I was able to prove that was broken due to some programming error where it had pitch data in the talkie even though it displayed as a talkie. Must've had something to do with making the solo chart out of the Harmony chart.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: