FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Easier or Harder FGFC than RB2?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Icemage  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh, I find the RB3 setlist to be noticeably more challenging than the RB2 setlist overall. Both games have the "where the hell did THAT come from?!" phrases, but there's a lot more places to screw up in RB3 because of a lot more songs with strong harmonies (which are just generally harder to learn overall if you play "by ear").

The only thing that balances the scales is the RB3 practice mode, with guide pitch, which gives you a fighting chance to figure out what the hell you're supposed to be singing on some of those phrases.
LucasPWNS8907  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

having never "officially" (i don't have solo scores posted in rb2 on most songs since i wasn't really much of a solo player ever) FGFCed either game due to laziness i'm still gonna throw my two cents in.
i'm actually gonna say that rb3 is harder sightread wise but rb2 is harder engine wise. everyone knows rb3's engine is looser than a whore. hell, on borap you literally don't even have to sing half of the parts that make the song hard to get the FC. you can completely ignore the high "galileo" pitches with plenty of room to spare to keep combo. the extreme emphasis on vibrato is absolutely ridiculous. there's something to be said for doing original octave though. if you FC borap and good vibrations original octave (or at least preserving all octaves in it) they're much harder. range-wise, rb2 wasn't anything special.
the song familiarity of rb2 made the set easier even though the engine is clearly harder to sing in than rb3. the setlist in rb3 is very obscure and so i've actually had to sit and learn a lot of the songs just because i'm unfamiliar with how they sound. if i were as familiar with rb3 songs as i was with rb2 songs, this FGFC would be infinitely easier than rb2's
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: LucasPWNS8907 PSN Name: TheyCallMeLucas
thewinnerisgeeg  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think RB2 is harder than 3, having FGFC'd both.

im a girl now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: geegSH
acer9199  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned "I Feel Good" as one of the most challenging, or frustrating. Fast notes in no particular scalular pattern, and those sudden high "whoo!" screams... WHERE IS THAT PITCH?! I don't know!

Tangled Up in Blue still has my vote for most difficult, because it seems like you can't always trust Dylan's pitch to be the pitch the game is asking for. There is a VERY tight scoring phrase about 1/3 or 1/4 through the song where if you're a little off, you ain't getting awesome. This stumps me nearly 50% of the time. There are a couple others like this, but this is the best example to me. I watched the Youtube video put together by Icemage for training purposes, that was very nice. Helped a lot.

Bohemian Rhapsody took me a minute, but not half as long. I have learned the octaves and how to cheat them. Good Vibrations I only did really horribly on a couple times until I learned the basic melody and pitch. Now I consider GV a cakewalk.

So overall, I think RB3 has a higher number of extremely difficult songs, but then RB2 has the single most difficult song... so I'm not sure how to vote this one.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger PSN Name: acer9199
popesweetjesus  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

another reason why I think RB2 is harder is because you can't practice individual trouble phrases without restarting the song whereas in Rock Band 3 you can.

I remember Give it Away being an absolute bitch because of the last phrase that I could never practice.

Not counting this feature (saying that RB2 had a practice mode) than I would probably think that RB3 is harder because it would take songs like Rock'n Me, American Woman, Give it Away, and Shooting Star with either one hard phrase or a hard outro, out of the equation.
DarthFizz  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To me this all depends on which game you're playing. RB2's songs on the RB2 game are BY FAR harder than the imports or RB3 because of 3 main issues. First, TuiB is probably the most difficult song out of all on-disk Rock Band series games and maybe even the entire series. Second, you can't practice each song section by section, making the FCs take much longer and more harder. Third, OWOA's near broken talkie is a bitch. Probably the only thing easier on RB2 than RB3 is that you don't really even have to say anything on talkies. And even though I was terrible at vocals at the time, I still FC'ed Good Vibrations in only at most a few days.

Of course, this is coming from someone who hasn't FGFC'ed either game, so this post is probably useless.

My Accomplishments (Contains My Wiki, Days to Remember, and other major accomplishments!)
HerbieHero wrote:
If only there were a like button for ScoreHero posts...
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: Darth Fizz
Hobo111  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to say that RB3 is harder, due to more songs that I don't know and the worst engine ever. (May even be worse than GHWT. )
Edits: And how did I forget to mention that RB2's talkies minus OWOA are a complete joke.

Last edited by Hobo111 on Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Steadysphere  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarthFizz wrote:
Of course, this is coming from someone who hasn't FGFC'ed either game, so this post is probably useless.

No, I'd say your idea is sound. Having aquired the RB3 FGFC only, I'm probably not ideal to give an opinion, but I'd agree. Having tried to wrestle with OWOA on RB2, I wonder if it's actually worth the frustration. And I even had to wrestle with talkies on a completely different song, Painkiller, in which the first talky gave me 'strong'. So, I gave up on RB2 pretty quickly.

And the practice mode is a vital tool, which missing in RB2, makes things a lot more complicated.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post has been deleted.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: