FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Time to get drums

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joshtbuff  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:17 pm    Post subject: Time to get drums Reply with quote

I played drums extensively on the first two rockbands and have only used the rockband 1 drum set.

I just got RB3 and am wanting to get back into playing the drums, but my drums are shot. Dropping notes continously.

I decided its time to invest in a drum kit. I have been out of the game for a while and I was wondering if I should be looking for a specific set? I didnt know if I should be looking for RB3, RB2, or Ions. I already have a beefed up kick pedal using a gibraltar kick pad I used with the RB1 drum set, so pedal isn't a factor, however I would like for it to work on whichever drum set I get. I would like to start simple and consider upgrading to the pro drums slowly over the next few months.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Time to get drums Reply with quote

joshtbuff wrote:
I decided its time to invest in a drum kit.

I'm selling my ION Drum Rocker (Xbox360 version with two cymbals) in excellent condition, if you're interested. I also used a Gibraltar practice pad / pedal combo with both my RB1 and ION kits, so yours should work just fine.

Send me a PM if you're interested!
machetemonkey  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would suggest just getting the RB3 kit if you want to start simple. I'm not a top-tier player, but for someone who's pretty decent at expert pro drums, both the kit and the cymbals work just great for myself.
joshtbuff  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Time to get drums Reply with quote

Bold wrote:
joshtbuff wrote:
I decided its time to invest in a drum kit.

I'm selling my ION Drum Rocker (Xbox360 version with two cymbals) in excellent condition, if you're interested. I also used a Gibraltar practice pad / pedal combo with both my RB1 and ION kits, so yours should work just fine.

Send me a PM if you're interested!

How much are you selling them for? The price would have to be pretty good.

check PM

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's generally agreed that aside from the price the IONs are vastly better than any stock kits, so if you're willing to invest the money go with those. It's worth noting that if you get it with just the two cymbals, though, the third cymbal can be pretty expensive (probably about $40-80).

If you can't find IONs within your price range, I've heard that the RB3 and RB2 kits are almost the same. Simplest solution is probably to just grab one of the RB3 kits that comes with the cymbals (or get a standalone kit and grab the cymbals later if you want, I don't know if they're more expensive separately or not).
joshtbuff  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quazifuji wrote:
I think it's generally agreed that aside from the price the IONs are vastly better than any stock kits, so if you're willing to invest the money go with those. It's worth noting that if you get it with just the two cymbals, though, the third cymbal can be pretty expensive (probably about $40-80).

If you can't find IONs within your price range, I've heard that the RB3 and RB2 kits are almost the same. Simplest solution is probably to just grab one of the RB3 kits that comes with the cymbals (or get a standalone kit and grab the cymbals later if you want, I don't know if they're more expensive separately or not).

Thanks for the reply.

I will try to find the IONs within my price range. Especially since symbols are not main priority right now.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quazifuji wrote:

Got the $$, get the ION's.

Don't have $$, look on Craigslist, lots of people sell instruments on Craigslist (just make sure you get an RB2 kit, and not an RB1 version). Then you get the cymbal add-on's for PRO drums (if you wish) from Amazon or Newegg.

That's pretty much, in my experience, the way you can get the most bang for your buck.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bold wrote:
Josh, I've sent a couple PMs over the last few days but they're still in my Outbox, oddly enough, and I can't get them to actually be delivered.

If messages are still in your outbox, that simply means that the receiver of the messages has not gone to his/her inbox and looked at the messages. Once a person does this, the messages go to the sentbox.

TEN THOUSANNNNNNND!
My life.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: