FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Pitch Correction

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
internetguy87  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:42 pm    Post subject: Pitch Correction Reply with quote

Sorry if I am a little naive here, but I was kind of surprised there is not a thread here on this yet.

What exactly does it do?

I've played with it a little and don't notice much of a difference, and theres no score difference or anything. So what is it =).

I play my game online
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger PSN Name: internetguy87
bclare  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It "autotune"s the audio output of your tv. Absolutely no gameplay change.
twistedoak  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The official Harmonix position is so the singers on rockband have the same tools that the professionals do to make their voice sound better (more on pitch). Like blcare said, it does nothing to the gameplay, just the playback of your voice may sound slightly different.

Think of songs where you hear the singer's voice almost as a digital signal (I can't stand songs that rely on this heavily). Their voice is being modified to match the pitch of the song.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a very subtle autotune, applying just enough to mask off-key notes, but nowhere near enough to create a robotic sound.

There's no direct gameplay benefits, but you could use the pitch-corrected track to figure out how you "should" sound, and it will help ease the learning curve for music theory beginners. In other words it's mostly for easy/medium level players.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: