FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Antibodies

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
millross  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:57 pm    Post subject: Antibodies Reply with quote

Anyone got any tips on the last minute of this song. I can't combo it for shit and it's stopped me from 5 starring it.

Stupidly, it's the only song I haven't on X Gtr, cept some tier 1 stuff. Llama was tough but I quite liked that, whereas I really dislike this.

I know I can still get the achivement for all songs 5 starred by doing it on bass - and I have - but I want to get all of them 5'd or Gold starred on Gtr.

Goals in hindsight:
FC WGFA [x]
FC Feel the pain (GH:WT) [x]
FC Hush [x]

All goals achieved!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: InsatiableFiend PSN Name: InsatiableFiend
Falango  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a hate on for this song too. It's sad that a Tier 3 song is what's stopping me from 5 starring X Guitar (Llama too, but I'll get that soon). I just can't pick up the rhythm to this song, and that last minute is just dumb. I think it is rated too low for it's real difficulty.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Practicing on a lower speed, as always, will probably help out. If you're good at down-strumming, try using only down-strums until you get to the part at the end. The inconsistent and awkward patterns go down easier for me when you do that. When you get to the storm after the second chorus, there's really nothing you can do but keep a steady strumming rhythm (I imagine the song doesn't change tempo much if at all since it's got that synth in it, though I could be wrong). The biggest problem is that sometimes you'll get an uneven pattern and that always makes things awkward (at least they do for me) when you're alt-strumming. If you get OD available in that section, save it for parts you know you're better at getting combos on. I'm sure there are some parts that you do fine on and then the parts with more chord changes and strums in a row are the challenge parts.

Good luck! I wish I could give you a better method, but this is one of those things where practice might just be your only friend. :/
elitewarrior500  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarsPhoenix wrote:
Practicing on a lower speed, as always, will probably help out. If you're good at down-strumming, try using only down-strums until you get to the part at the end. The inconsistent and awkward patterns go down easier for me when you do that. When you get to the storm after the second chorus, there's really nothing you can do but keep a steady strumming rhythm (I imagine the song doesn't change tempo much if at all since it's got that synth in it, though I could be wrong). The biggest problem is that sometimes you'll get an uneven pattern and that always makes things awkward (at least they do for me) when you're alt-strumming. If you get OD available in that section, save it for parts you know you're better at getting combos on. I'm sure there are some parts that you do fine on and then the parts with more chord changes and strums in a row are the challenge parts.

Good luck! I wish I could give you a better method, but this is one of those things where practice might just be your only friend. :/

really this, i just fc'd and slowing it down until u get the pattern decent will definately help you towards 5 stars and maybe even gold stars (and with time FC!) seriously i also wish u luck but the above guy has it right except i downstrum none of the outro, its up to u though if u can downstrum that fast O_o

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only the first half or so of that last minute or has no obvious strumming pattern, but the last several bars of the song actually do. It's one of the few parts of the entire song I can actually combo after playing through it only three times so far. Maybe if you figure that part out, then you can eke out a 5 star, provided you do well enough on the rest of the song and save your OD for the parts you can combo.
JackFr  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wanted to say that just by reading this thread, I brought my score from a 3 star to a 5 star. Without practicing or playing it again. Weird.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^ Nice one - but how exactly did you get 5 stars without playing it again!? ;)

At the 4th attempt, I got it by over 25k - miles before the end of the song! Go figure.... I concentrated on getting the most out of OD in the early parts of the song, so that there was less reliance on nailing the last minute quite as much. Practice makes perfect and all that.

Rainbow in the dark took 2 tries, Llama 3 tries, Antibodies 4 tries

Still - horifficly under tiered and irritating!

Goals in hindsight:
FC WGFA [x]
FC Feel the pain (GH:WT) [x]
FC Hush [x]

All goals achieved!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: InsatiableFiend PSN Name: InsatiableFiend
Bront  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's tiered too low because the theory of the song is easy. Plant your green finger, alternate between G, GB, and GY (and occasionaly GBY) except for the slow chorus.

In actuality, the strum pattern is just odd, and the changes come quick enough that it's hard to get both at the same time, requiring several replays. I know once i got the first part of the song, I went from failing out to comboing it. I'm sure the second part will come to me in a similar way.

At least Llama is a bit more structured, just faster.

Songs: Just over 1000.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: